Brensten Education Reviews

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014

3.1

James C. Brent

I've been working in Higher Education for almost 10yrs... Brensten is the best experience I've had

Current Employee - Academic Advisor  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Brensten Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, the days usually fly buy. Management is always willing to talk through their decision making process. Its kind of humorous to see people complain about having to work Saturdays considering my associate and I are really the only ones that have had to. And while it can be challenging occasionally, we love the work we do. I haven't been here that long but I can already see my impact within the company. I feel more accomplished here in a few months then I did at other schools that I worked at for years. I've never cared about negative reviews for other schools I worked at, but I was genuinely irked by the negative ones I saw here. I think that speaks volumes to how good of an experience working at Brensten has been.

Cons

Things change often, which is par for the course in IT. I personally don't mind it, but for some it can be an issue.

More dialog with all departments so people understand the occasional changes. Other than that, I think we're headed in the right direction.

A perfect place to work at.

I have been working at Brensten Education

Pros

The cool colors of the interior which varies from room to room are not only trendy but also calming and inspiring. Every time I have a conversation with our Director who is an INC 500 CEO, I feel smarter, more knowledgeable and focused. The location of the building on the corner of Bluemound and Barker Rds is very convenient and they have a large well lit parking lot. I have been working there for 9 months, it has been a wonderful experience. I'm happy that my career is growing there as I just recently had new responsibilities assigned to me.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Keep up the good work!

I look forward to going in to the office every day!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Brensten Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working here for a few months now and it really feels like I am part of something. Everyday, I'm treated with respect and reminded as to how valuable 'I' am. I referred one of my good friends to work here (and he is now in his second month of employment!)

Cons

If you consider being busy a con; I, on the other hand, enjoy workload volume and welcome the challenge.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work or go to school here!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Brensten Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a long drive from home which means more time with my family and for working on the yard with them and in the garden. Staff is nice.

Cons

Lead admissions guy is like a used car salesman, but the consultant is even worse by bringing religion into the discussion and yet lying right to students' faces. Changes at the whim of upper management, including changes to student programs--staff told to lie to students about the reason for the changes. Saturday hours--informed of these after already employed. Paid once a month. 401(k) is an expensive joke. If you enroll in it, you have to pay part of the annual fee to maintain it. Currently with about 10 participants, that means you have to pay $450 as your part of the bill each year. Students are not given copies of their programs--which means program content can be changed at any time without their knowledge. Go to a real school, not here!

Get a real higher education management team that knows about real education and the needs of students. Don't lie to students. Don't lie during new employee interviews. In other words, be honest for once. Give the students what you tell them they will get, and give them copies of the programs upon enrollment.

No organization/structure within, morale is non-existent

I have been working at Brensten Education

Pros

there are NO pros for Brensten

Cons

no sense of reality, policies never update or followed, A HOT MESS

HR Manager is needed; treat your employees better; stop making money off of others

Very rewarding career

I have been working at Brensten Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Puts students first and truly changing lives for members of community. Hiring many bright new employees in all areas. Great place to work and comfortable atmosphere. All employees are very hardworking for our students and knowledgeable in fixing issues. Compensation is good

Cons

Have gotten much better at displaying corporate values but more transparency between upper management and employees

Keep sharing with employees

Poor Upper Management

I worked at Brensten Education

Pros

Co-workers generally nice to one another. Other than that, not much to report.

Cons

Horrendous upper management. No structure. Simply ripping off students of their money. No sympathy or genuine concern for the education or well being of students. Many, if not all, student requests and emails fell on deaf ears. Cold atmosphere with no room for growth. No reviews, therefore you never know where you stand. Upper management consistently makes poor decisions typically based on no concrete information. Unfair and unkind to the average worker. Nearly all employees are in and out within a six month span. Closed 3 of 4 campuses within the past year or so.

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Brensten Education as an intern

Pros

No Pros at this time

Cons

There were no reviews, therefore no raises, constant unprofessionalism, management required no flexibility with time off, would not contact students after students requested to speak with management. Most instructors and other employees last 6 months. There is absolutely no room for advancement as friends and family hold all management titles.

I recommend a consultant on best management practices. It is important to have employees longer than a year. However, it was noted as management didn't expect anyone to stay longer than a year. I recommend educating managers on professionalism. Hire a human resource manager as employ treatment lowers morale.

Love it, great fast paced environment

I have been working at Brensten Education

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. Tons of room for advancement. Management is flexible with schedule and time off. Lots of student and prospective student interaction! Very fast paced!

Cons

Corporate culture needs clearer role here but management seems to recognize and is making attempts to enjoy work.

More focus on students and faculty

Don't Stay Too Long

Former Employee - Admissions
    Former Employee - Admissions

I worked at Brensten Education full-time

Pros

Good place to get your feet wet in a sales career

Cons

Low pay and management will try and have you do multiple jobs in addition to the one you were hired for.

Take the time to train your current employees and develop some type of corporate culture.

Worked for Brensten Education? Contribute to the Community!