Brett-Robinson Gulf Corp. Reviews

1 Rating

1. Good cooperation and support

Former Employee - Cleaning Inspector in Gulf Shores, AL
    Former Employee - Cleaning Inspector in Gulf Shores, AL

I worked at Brett-Robinson Gulf Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good communication with employees Support in case of difficulties (oil spill) Fair salary

Cons

Location No career development, I guess

2. horrible place to work

Former Employee - Training Director in Orange Beach, AL
    Former Employee - Training Director in Orange Beach, AL

I worked at Brett-Robinson Gulf Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing I could say is that they hire lots of nice people.

Cons

The nice people they hire are mistreated and taken advantage of. They have no appreciation or respect for anyone. They discriminate when hiring and promoting. The tell people they are hiring them full time permanent to get them to come to work there, then they let them go when fall arrives. The HR people they had in place in guest services had no training in this field, did not know or care to know the laws, and were generally just really nasty mean people. They take advantage of foreign kids who come to work, put way too many of them in the same condo, overcharge them for their stay, work them excessive hours for low pay, mislead them into thinking they will make really good paychecks when many of them do good to make $250 a week and then their condo/ uniform/ transportation payment comes out of that. They charge them for transportation then have them bicycling and walking to work. They think they can treat anyone any way they wish because they are wealthy. They promise people insurance and other benefits to get them to come to work but then never actually provide them.

Advice to Management

Treat others how you would want to be treated. Treat those foreign students how you would want someone to treat your kid. You are not better than everyone else.

3. Brett-Robinson was a great company to work for and I was very lucky to have been apart of their team.

Former Employee - Administrative Secretary/Association Assistant in Gulf Shores, AL

I worked at Brett-Robinson Gulf Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You meet a lot of good people (owners & guests), they have a strong leadership team, and I had the pleasure of working for one of the best bosses ever.

Cons

I had to drive two hours a day to get to and from work.

Advice to Management

I want to be able to prove that I have a strong work ethic, honest, loyal and trustworthy. I have several references that will vouch that I was a great asset to Brett-Robinson and that when I resigned to take a position with Areotek/Navy Federal Credit Union, I left some big shoes to fill.

Don't even bother applying to this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange Beach, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange Beach, AL

I have been working at Brett-Robinson Gulf Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None really - the fact that you actually have a job in this economy is the only thing that keeps me here. If there were other year round jobs on the island I would defiantly leave.

Cons

No matter what you do you will never advance in this company. The managers do not care and are not people or family orientated. If you have a problem its just that your problem and you have to deal with it. Management will not stop other employees other managers included from embarrassing you by yelling at you in front of guest. The HR department does not care if management do this, they believe all management over you even when you have guest going to the upper management complaining about said managers and taking up for you. The HR department will take the managements side in any issue. The HR supervisor is the wife of a department head.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to the employees and listen to the problems and try to help the employee fix the problem do not become part of the problem and gang up on an employee.

6. Good

Former Employee - Front Desk in Orange Beach, AL
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Orange Beach, AL

Pros

A happy job. You work right on the beach with happy vacationers. Usually the co workers are frindly, but you got to stay away from gossip.

Cons

Having to work nights and weekends is not that great sometimes. I did have Fridays and Saturdays off, but when I first started I had Tuesday and Wednesday off.

RSS Feed </> Embed