Brgmc

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Holman

Turned down an offer for 10k more to stay here.

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. You learn a lot from all the different hats you have to wear. Health benefits are great. They're always opening new departments or people are moving around so you have plenty of upward mobility.

ConsVery stressful environment, people's lives are on the line. The office complex you work out of is a little cheap. Not the highest paying place to work in the area. Project workflows tend to be decided entirely by upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome proper project management criteria that involved all the management staff and project managers would be idea for determining the health of a project.

Best place to work

I have been working at Brgmc as a contractor

ProsGood place to work today

ConsGood place t00 many hours

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good job

Network admin

Network Administrators (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to work good benefits, dream job

Consstop the micro management and you produce good workers

Advice to Senior Managementstop the micromanagement and you will produce good workers

Meh, it's a job

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAt times good camaraderie and teamwork within the unit

ConsVery poor base pay for nursing, middle of the road benefits, very little reason to stay with this company, nursing is often chronically understaffed, mid and upper management has very poor vision and foresight when making crucial decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementThis hospital is good but not great. You'll notice there aren't many reviews from employees here, which kind-of sums up the type of people that work there. Decent folks who come to work to get their job done, and that's it. There aren't a lot of overachievers or stand-outs; that isn't the culture here. This sums up what the hospital really wants: not much feedback, we'll tell you what to do, when to do it, and you won't complain because you don't care that much. BRG recently implemented a new hospital wide computer system that was and is inadequate for some departments. I don't think anyone with departmental knowledge was even invited to the table before said software was purchased to give feedback to those to whom it mattered. (And if they did, that feedback either was disregarded or ignored.) It took a long time, relatively speaking, for that message to be heard at the levels it needed to in order for more change to occur. If a job is just a job to you, this is the place to go. You can try to make a difference at BRG, but good luck with that.

Worked for Brgmc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brgmc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brgmc CEO Bill Holman. All reviews posted anonymously by Brgmc employees.