Brgmc Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014
Updated August 6, 2014
3.9

Bill Holman

I have had some wonderful and challenging experiences here.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my coworkers. We're a family. We help and look out for one another. When one is struggling to keep up, others do whatever they can to help lighten the load.

Cons

My particular experience with current management has been cordial at best. I don't feel like my current manager is an advocate for nurses. And this manager has less clinical experience than the nurses she/he supervises.

Show your nurses genuine appreciation. Support your nurses with adequate staffing. And if your unit is short and no nurse can be found, help your unit by offering your skills. Also, when there is a dispute, show respect for your nurses by hearing both sides neutrally.

Life changing, life enhancing.

I worked at Brgmc

Pros

Great people to work with from all walks of life. Has many employee assistance programs. Management is always striving to improve things.

Cons

Unfortuantely I cannot speak on the cons. I only left because my husband was transferred to a different state. If we ever come back, this is where I will be.

Meh, it's a job

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At times good camaraderie and teamwork within the unit

Cons

Very poor base pay for nursing, middle of the road benefits, very little reason to stay with this company, nursing is often chronically understaffed, mid and upper management has very poor vision and foresight when making crucial decisions

This hospital is good but not great. You'll notice there aren't many reviews from employees here, which kind-of sums up the type of people that work there. Decent folks who come to work to get their job done, and that's it. There aren't a lot of overachievers or stand-outs; that isn't the culture here. This sums up what the hospital really wants: not much feedback, we'll tell you what to do, when to do it, and you won't complain because you don't care that much. BRG recently implemented a new hospital wide computer system that was and is inadequate for some departments. I don't think anyone with departmental knowledge was even invited to the table before said software was purchased to give feedback to those to whom it mattered. (And if they did, that feedback either was disregarded or ignored.) It took a long time, relatively speaking, for that message to be heard at the levels it needed to in order for more change to occur. If a job is just a job to you, this is the place to go. You can try to make a difference at BRG, but good luck with that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Turned down an offer for 10k more to stay here.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. You learn a lot from all the different hats you have to wear. Health benefits are great. They're always opening new departments or people are moving around so you have plenty of upward mobility.

Cons

Very stressful environment, people's lives are on the line. The office complex you work out of is a little cheap. Not the highest paying place to work in the area. Project workflows tend to be decided entirely by upper management.

Some proper project management criteria that involved all the management staff and project managers would be idea for determining the health of a project.

Network admin

Current Employee - Network Administrators  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Network Administrators in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brgmc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work good benefits, dream job

Cons

stop the micro management and you produce good workers

stop the micromanagement and you will produce good workers

Best place to work

I have been working at Brgmc as a contractor

Pros

Good place to work today

Cons

Good place t00 many hours

keep up good job

Worked for Brgmc? Contribute to the Community!