BrickHouse Security

Be The First To
Add Photos

BrickHouse Security Founder and CEO Todd Morris

Todd Morris

An abundance of opportunity, challenges and satisfaction in a crowded, fast-paced environment.

Product Development (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsForward-thinking executive team is quickly building a top-notch surveillance electronics company.
    CEO is motivated, business-savvy and sensitive to all employees needs and suggestions.
    Staff is dedicated and inspired to do their best.
    The products are technologically cutting-edge and fun use, test and develop.
    Opportunity for personal growth is limitless and management will recognize achievements.

ConsThe office is simply too small and hampers work and speed.
    The office has a high background noise and makes concentration and office phoning difficult.
    There is no human resources department which makes personnel matters difficult.
    Company location makes commuting awful, and expensive, for everyone.
    The stock room is a closet and there's no place to put samples.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the systems necessary to run the company.
    Build the R&D department, start an Engineering department.
    Take the company to the next level and get a 75K sq ft building on Long Island or NNJ.
    Build an HR department and make personnel a one-stop shop.

steadily growing company, a lot of room to grow for employees

Operations Department (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFast paced, dynamic environment, full of of positive energy, highly tech -savvy, immediate adaptation to new technology. Great executive team who set the goals on long term, sustainable growth of the company and take a firm ground on short term stability and benefits of the employees. Friendly working environment.

ConsSometime the company experiences growing pain, such as tight office space. etc.

Advice to Senior Managementlooking into bigger office space

Great place, great people, great first job!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a great place to start your career. Since its not the biggest office, they have you doing a lot of things, which can really build your skill set.

ConsFor the amount of work you put in, the pay can be a little higher. It kind of makes an employe feel under valued for the amount of work that is given.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up pay in some departments. And its kind of annoying how if felt like you played favorites with certin departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic Client - Constantly Growing & Improving

Accountant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsA> Client is open to suggestions

B> Adopts Cost Effective solutions

C> Trains in house staff to increase their skills

D> Flexibility of work schedule

E> Runs a good business & also runs it as a tight ship

ConsLack of detailed testing due to a busy employee work load leads to some time being spent on correcting errors, which creep in

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasize simulations & analyze error rates + types before adopting new procedures & systems

I watched it grow from a start-up, up to becoming a successful small/medium sized company.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsComfortable work environment. Management for the most part listens to constructive criticism, opinions, and grievances are dealt with in a timely manner. Great metrics system. Very transparent about performance. Commission was very fair, if you performed, you got paid. And by performed here I mean bringing in the sales. Closers.

ConsMy only issue was salary. Getting paid what you felt you deserved was a chore. Lot of promises, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the metrics system was transparent, those performance metrics needed to better translated into base-pay raises - this is obviously beyond commissions. The employees needed a better understanding on how to grow within the company. And also more care needed to go into the choosing of directors in various departments. There were some extremely poor hires made in my time that remained there for way longer than they deserved to be in that position.

Great Place, Hard Work, Room To Grow

ProsThe company invests in its good employees. If you're dedicated, driven, coachable and not full or drama, they'll do their best to invest into you. Generally, they care about having a healthy work environment, and do their best to remove people who are dramatic, volatile and otherwise ruffle feathers.

The companies CEO is very hands on, and pays attention to his business and employees. Certainly an open door policy, as he likes it when people come to him with ideas and innovation.

Decent benefits, reliable work, clean office environment, convenient location.

ConsThe company doesn't really bode well for the creative spirit. They're open to ideas, but within a narrow scope, and generally avoid having too abstract a person within their office. This whitewashed office, (not racially white washed) means it can be very soul sucking and lifeless. I don't really get the sense that anyone really wants to be here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is key, even in personalities. Take risks, that you can handle. Create a culture of innovation, and accept that it means you'll have abstract, different people, who may even be volatile.

Working at Brickhouse Security was a great learning experience.

Product Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat environment to learn about E-commerce and overseas trading. Lax on dress code. but dress to impress or look like everyone else. Functions like a start up. Can be disorganized but creates opportunities for individuals to make improvements and impact.

ConsCEO controls everything. Sometimes hard to get ideas out. But understandable. He has no time to waste and just wants to do the right thing for the company. Employees are mixed up between work and play. Can't get serious when they need to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild loyalty with employees so its not "just another job".

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTeam Oriented & Friendly work culture. Executives(CEO/COO/CFO/VP/Managers) are very approachable. They treat their subordinates as their mentors rather than employees. There is a lot of flexibility in your schedule.

ConsThe company has grown tremendously over the past couple of years and is challenged with getting the team to adapt to operating as a much larger business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing great work.. Thank You

It was a good experience for an intern

Technical Support (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosfast growing environment that will ensure growth if you perform well

Consinternal politics is very strong

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of products need to be thoroughly screened before they appear on the product shelf .

Worked for BrickHouse Security? Contribute to the Community!