Brides by Demetrios Reviews

James Elias

1. Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great selection of bridal gowns.

Cons

Mom and Pop business trying to operate as an International Corporation. No support for local stores from upper management

Advice to Management

Upgrade the interior of your stores, listen to your local Managers needs, advertise locally.

2. Whatever

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time

Pros

coworkers were awesome! It could be fun

Cons

barely any commission, no raises, company did little to support its employees. High levels of stress caused by incompetent management.

Advice to Management

Do not make promises to customers and then leave your staff to deal with them when you cannot come through

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time

Pros

There aren't that many pros..The only enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with at the store.

Cons

Upper management is hard to work with. The pay is awful. Over worked and under paid. No training programs. They are way behind with technology.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals outside the family to work in the corporate office, an outsiders opinion would help out tremendously.

5. Horrible, horrible experience

Former Employee - Gown Attendant/Receptionist in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Gown Attendant/Receptionist in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Brides by Demetrios part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For retail, the hours were actually pretty good. The environment was friendly a majority of the time.

Cons

Where do I began. My experience was fantastic at the beginning. I got the job and I thought everything was going well...until two weeks later, when I was fired because my manager interviewed someone randomly and since there were no available positions, decided since I was the newest employee that this girl could have my job, because she liked her better. Never having done ANYTHING wrong, never gotten told I was doing anything wrong, imagine my surprise when she pulled me into her office and just fired me like that. I've never left a company feeling so disrespected. And there's been quite a list of girls that have gone through that position. Point of the story, Brides by Demetrios doesn't seem to care much about their employees.

Advice to Management

I was told it takes 6 months to get comfortable in the job and that no job experience was necessary. Every task I was given, I accomplished easily and gave my very best effort. Always early, I enjoyed my job. And I got my position taken away for no reason. For a girl that they ended up not being able to get a hold of. Treat your staff with respect and don't lie. Give them a chance to show you what they can bring to your company, instead of getting rid of them every other week.

6. Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time

Pros

Hours were okay for retail. Certain co-workers were fun to work with.

Cons

Corrupt family run business who could care less about their employees. Ridiculous benefits offered ($600-$700/month) and little to no chance of ever getting a raise. Constant nagging about selling, but refuses to listen to the needs of each individual store in regards to what their market is looking for. Major push to sell Demetrios brand dresses, which are dated and cheap.

Advice to Management

Focus on the needs of your employees and show them appreciation! Stop being so selfish and greedy. Keep up with the times in regards to designing dresses...it's not the 80's anymore, take a look around at what is actually selling in the bridal world!

7. Horrible Experience

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being employed, Commission, Daily hours were great

Cons

Days are mostly filled with down time and busy work. Employment by BBD parallels a desk/receptionist position before retail. Weekends are dead, the store could afford to be open 5 or 6 days a week instead of 7. Almost daily, I was instructed by superiors to tell dissatisfied customers there was nothing we could do- I have never worked for a company that was so regularly disappointing customers.

Advice to Management

1) Nationally advertise 2) Remodel store fronts- most of the BBD locations I've seen all have the same depressing, dated interiors 3) Close down shop during all holidays- it sounds logical that holidays would bring families together, thus creating a perfect opportunity for a bride to shop with her posse. but in reality, these families want to spend their quality time together. BBD would save far more than they reap on holidays by closing. 4) Either lower the price of the dresses or use better quality materials. 5) Listen to the advice given- all the stores have the same qualms with the company, it seems like upper management/corporate couldn't care less about changing. Sadly, this company will likely never change.

8. Very sweet family business

I have been working at Brides by Demetrios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, encourage advancement and education, interacting with people everyday face to face, great experience for Administrative and Retail, fast-paced, everyday never the same, structured business model.

Cons

Business run more emotional than objective, pay does not reflect amount of work.

Great company with good values

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Brides by Demetrios full-time

Pros

Great family-owned company Care about their employees Fashion Forward Upper Management is very accessible

Cons

Some upper management wears too many "hats", hard to get help/support in a timely manner Retail Hours - Many weekends and nights

10. Tough company to work for

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say the best thing would be working with some fun people. Hours aren't awful... Weekdays 12-8 isn't a terrible shift. Some dresses were pretty and easy to sell.

Cons

Some other employees are bad at their job and plain lazy. It's clear that the company only wants to make money and will do anything to get money.

Advice to Management

Awful. Can't say anything worse about my superior. I don't think she works there anymore, but she was a straight-up evil person. She liked me, but for the people who were on her "bad side" she was just horrible to them. And to one girl who was actually really good!

11. Bridal Consultant

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun working with the brides

Cons

Very unorganized management team, family run but large company so there are many kinks

RSS Feed </> Embed