Bridgepoint Consulting

Reset
3.5
Bob S. Smith
1 Rating

Incredible teams, outstanding leadership!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Services
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Services

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent challenges
    Feeling of camaraderie
    Knowledgeable and supportive staff and consultants
    Terrific work environment

Cons

I've been here 2 years and haven't found any cons to working with Bridgepoint Consulting.

2. A modern day employer in touch with employment trends that allow working remote and flexible hours.

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment, flexibility to work from home or from the office. Supportive leadership, mentoring opportunities, and a great network of peers you can call on for help when needed. This is what a consulting firm should be like! Accenture take note!

Cons

You have to be a self stater, take charge, commit to excellence in service to your clients. This is not the best environment for someone that is not mature in their skills and experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And thank you for making me part of the team!

3. Variety, flexibility and gret support staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting

Pros

Variation of projects (if you value variety in your work); the opportunity to build skillset through the variety of projects; flexible schedule including some work from home; wonderful support staff to provide further assistance to clients if needed; great partners who aim to help

Cons

The variety of projects could lead to a small period of time of inconsistent work in the beginning. This only applies to some positions for a small period of time however. Bridgepoint does have some mechanisms to help alleviate these periods. This is generally not an issue after a while, and the flexibility you gain is generally worth it.

5. Review

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting

Pros

The team members were pleasant

Cons

The administrative assistance was lacking

Great professional development

Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a high degree of business savvy and professionalism on the Bridgepoint team. Any time a business issue came up that was new to me, I could reach out to the Bridgepoint team and find an answer. They also provided a lot of positive reinforcement, so you felt valued and appreciated. i appreciate the experience gained and the broad array of business challenges/opportunities/experiences to keep me on my toes.

Cons

It was fine when you got a long assignment, but it's hard when you have to start juggling multiple smaller assignments that could be all over town. In the end, I left for a more consistent lifestyle, where I can plant some roots. But I know the time I spent working here left me a much more well-rounded professional.

7. Very professional organization

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diversity of clients. Ability to get into client companies who are needing help in your skill set area. Medium-term nature of most engagements. Independence. Friendly, open management who are in touch which what is happening in the business community; who are the up an comers; who may need help as the downsize.

Cons

Work not always steady; business development team not always able to plan about what will happen after the current assignment ends. This can can cause professional stress. Business model works best if you consider it a professional affiliation and develop your own client relationships to bring in your own work.

8. It was good experience, but not a place for a young person to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting

Pros

Bridgepoint is a well respected company and a well connected company in the Austin area; they were great about allowing time off for important stuff, and are supportive of efforts to further your education.

Cons

An OLD firm, in that young people do not fit in well at all, and it seems like during my 10 months there a lot of the people seemed very unhappy.

RSS Feed </> Embed