Bridgepoint Consulting

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
Bob S. Smith

1. Great place to work !!!

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at BPC as a consultant and was extremely pleased with my experience. I felt truly cared for and valued as an employee by the principals and directors, and I greatly enjoyed my time there. The work that I performed was interesting and challenging, and the clients are great. I inquired during my interview whether BPC turns work away for any reason, and the answer was a resounding YES. BPC management will not tolerate their people being mistreated, which I believe speaks volumes as to their integrity. I highly recommend BPC as an employer.

Cons

I have none to list about BPC as a company. The only reason I left BPC is because in the end, I realized that consulting is not for me - I prefer a more permanent "home" with the company that I work for, not movement from client to client to client. Also, as a consultant, it is harder to maintain work/life balance, as you are at the mercy of the client's needs and timelines (within reason) and may need to work significant overtime when needed. On the plus side with that is BPC will compensate you in the form of a quarterly bonus for the additional hours worked.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first, keep doing what you're doing!

2. Awesome company!!!!

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If considered a variable rate consultant, the client and hours you work is defined by you; which is a real plus for work/ life balance. Even though you are a consultant, they do their best to make you feel part of a team with a huge network of support for those tough scenarios to resolve. Annual holiday party, client/ consultant dinner, fun consultant events to bring everyone together, benefits, and quarterly bonuses for those over achievers.

Cons

Nine times out of ten, you are on an assignment twice as long as expected. So when you commit, you commit. If considered a salaried consultant, there's not a lot of opportunity to work with multiple clients as pitched during the initial interview (hourly consultant is the way to go for flexibility). As with all companies faced with growth, they are sometimes making too much of a change giving the company more of a temporary placement feel rather than a consulting firm.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and with it comes change, but some changes can hurt the company rather than benefit it. Love the old day idea of working with multiple clients. The one company assignment at a time is giving the feel of a temp service and steering away from consulting. Keep working towards bringing the consultants together at least once a quarterly bases for an activity, even if it is a small office event.

3. Awesome Place to Work In Houston! Great Leadership!

Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with Bridgepoint in Houston about 8 months ago, and I can honestly say this is the best job I've ever had! The work is very challenging, because the Bridgepoint brand isn't quite as recognizable in Houston as it is in Austin, but that's totally fine. It will only be a matter of time before this office fully ramps up to its potential. I'm so excited about working with such an awesome leadership team and being a part of the group who will drive our brand forward in the greater Houston area. A++++ Place to Work!!

Cons

There aren't any cons worth mentioning...

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the culture of excitement and accountability.

5. Outstanding Company to work for! A+++++ Team!

Current Employee - Senior ERP Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior ERP Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Management Support is excellent * Professional Development is supported * Positive Company Culture is fantastic * Trust and Respect with my career future * Variety of Assignments to increase skill set

Cons

I have none. I have been with BPC for 2 years now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Thank you for all you do for BPC! Super happy to be here!

6. Great reputation in Austin

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time

Pros

It is a great opportunity to work with very talented and professional individuals in their respective industries and is also very challenging at the same time. Love the flexibility!

Cons

I have not seen any so far...

Incredible teams, outstanding leadership!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Services
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Services

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent challenges Feeling of camaraderie Knowledgeable and supportive staff and consultants Terrific work environment

Cons

I've been here 2 years and haven't found any cons to working with Bridgepoint Consulting.

8. A modern day employer in touch with employment trends that allow working remote and flexible hours.

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment, flexibility to work from home or from the office. Supportive leadership, mentoring opportunities, and a great network of peers you can call on for help when needed. This is what a consulting firm should be like! Accenture take note!

Cons

You have to be a self stater, take charge, commit to excellence in service to your clients. This is not the best environment for someone that is not mature in their skills and experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And thank you for making me part of the team!

9. Variety, flexibility and gret support staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Variation of projects (if you value variety in your work); the opportunity to build skillset through the variety of projects; flexible schedule including some work from home; wonderful support staff to provide further assistance to clients if needed; great partners who aim to help

Cons

The variety of projects could lead to a small period of time of inconsistent work in the beginning. This only applies to some positions for a small period of time however. Bridgepoint does have some mechanisms to help alleviate these periods. This is generally not an issue after a while, and the flexibility you gain is generally worth it.

Review

Pros

The team members were pleasant

Cons

The administrative assistance was lacking

Great professional development

Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a high degree of business savvy and professionalism on the Bridgepoint team. Any time a business issue came up that was new to me, I could reach out to the Bridgepoint team and find an answer. They also provided a lot of positive reinforcement, so you felt valued and appreciated. i appreciate the experience gained and the broad array of business challenges/opportunities/experiences to keep me on my toes.

Cons

It was fine when you got a long assignment, but it's hard when you have to start juggling multiple smaller assignments that could be all over town. In the end, I left for a more consistent lifestyle, where I can plant some roots. But I know the time I spent working here left me a much more well-rounded professional.

RSS Feed </> Embed