Bridgepoint Consulting

1 Rating

Great professional development

Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Controller Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There was a high degree of business savvy and professionalism on the Bridgepoint team. Any time a business issue came up that was new to me, I could reach out to the Bridgepoint team and find an answer. They also provided a lot of positive reinforcement, so you felt valued and appreciated. i appreciate the experience gained and the broad array of business challenges/opportunities/experiences to keep me on my toes.

Cons

It was fine when you got a long assignment, but it's hard when you have to start juggling multiple smaller assignments that could be all over town. In the end, I left for a more consistent lifestyle, where I can plant some roots. But I know the time I spent working here left me a much more well-rounded professional.

Very professional organization

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diversity of clients. Ability to get into client companies who are needing help in your skill set area. Medium-term nature of most engagements. Independence. Friendly, open management who are in touch which what is happening in the business community; who are the up an comers; who may need help as the downsize.

Cons

Work not always steady; business development team not always able to plan about what will happen after the current assignment ends. This can can cause professional stress. Business model works best if you consider it a professional affiliation and develop your own client relationships to bring in your own work.

It was good experience, but not a place for a young person to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting

Pros

Bridgepoint is a well respected company and a well connected company in the Austin area; they were great about allowing time off for important stuff, and are supportive of efforts to further your education.

Cons

An OLD firm, in that young people do not fit in well at all, and it seems like during my 10 months there a lot of the people seemed very unhappy.