Bright House Networks

Updated December 14, 2014
3.5

Bright House Networks CEO Steven Miron
Steven Miron

Pros
  • great benefits but thats about it in my opinion (in 40 reviews)

• Plus you get free cable & internet for your work just by working there (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Was mainly focused on Customer Service with sales being an extra benefit (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management will find a way to run you out if you make too much money (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ability to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Sales -Brighthouse in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Sales -Brighthouse in Maitland, FL

I worked at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get alot of bonuses & commission. Its easy to make extra money and to move up in the company. Plus you get free cable & internet for your work just by working there.

Cons

Being micromanaged. It seemed like when new management took over our pay scale changed. To me it was like were was making to much money. So they came & changed the pay scale for commission & bonuses. That was disappointing.

Everyone has there favorites just try not to make it so obvious.

okay, but do not demonstrate a strong committment to their employees

Current Employee - Combo Cable Tech in Clermont, FL
    Current Employee - Combo Cable Tech in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

large company, many positions to move up to

Cons

not very dedicated to the lower level or contracted employees

look out for your people

lots of money

Former Employee - Telemarketing in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Telemarketing in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lots of time off, lots of money

Cons

not clear direction of management

Business Solutions Account Executive II

Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, direct manager is willing to listen and work towards my personal and professional growth, 401k matching, pension, discounted services for home.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management, lack luster leadership, no accountability from directors for poor company performance.

This year the outside sales team has had the worst year on record. This is due to several changes within the company; such as removing leads for outside sales representatives and directing those leads towards inbound channels, hiring 70+ new Account Executives to work in the field and compete directly with existing territory representatives, and changing the rules of engagement to benefit inbound sales channels.

Performance is so poor across the board with outside sales that they have considered sending those with 85%+ of quota to Keystone/President's Club and performance is so spectacular with inbound, that our directors are limiting the number of individuals who can attend to 2-3 persons.

When tenured members of your sales organization present facts and statistics in the beginning of the year indicating that we're positioning ourselves for a year of poor performance, listen to them. Nearly all of the predictions that were made; poor performance for outside channels, inbound benefiting immensely from the changes, unobtainable quota, and internal conflict from the changes in the rules of engagement have come to fruition.

On top of all this no accountability has taken on the part of you, the directors and upper management. Instead you've chosen to micromanage and track every moment of our day, which is taking away from our time to do what's important, which is sell the services. Everyone makes mistakes and missteps from time-to-time, but you'll never learn from them if you keep denying that you made them.

A great compnay. Though not all changes are for the better.

Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Bright House Networks is a Telecommunications Company with some brilliant minds and good people. They offer great medical and product benefits, vacation times and even family fun days at theme parks.

Cons

Change is a constant in most companies. Recently (2014), some of the changes have caused a great change in customer outlook for Bright House. It's not all, Brighthouse's fault in their defense, but their attempt to save face (or lack there of) has been quite disheartening. When agents provide feedback, it seems to be brushed aside and it sometiems feels like your opinion falls on deaf ears.

Listen to your staff and try to be a positive source of change when your agents are coming to you with information showing that the current platform is not working. Start considering bringing in new leaders so you can hire more agents to manage your call volume.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Telecom Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Telecom Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mid size company gives the benefit of working closer with many diverse groups. Cutting edge technology. I flung that I get much more respect here than I did working for a LARGE entertainment company who says one of their cornerstones is to respect, appreciate, and value everyone. My experience was not even close at that other company.

Cons

Sometime that smaller company mentality can be a drawback. Not as much QA and direction, at times.

Let your very experienced teams do the job you hired them to do. I think you'll be presently suprised at the outcome.

Programmer

Current Employee - Programmer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. Offers a great home work life balance. Lots of opportunity for promotion.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons.

None

Great Benefits, Big Quota

Current Employee - Business Account Executive III in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive III in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are great, flexible schedule (work from anywhere).

Cons

Too many of us SMB reps out there stepping over each other makes it difficult to consistently hit 4400 per month in MRR

More strategy and protection for reps selling

Company used to be good but has since went downhill

Former Employee - Product Specialist II in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Product Specialist II in Maitland, FL

I worked at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They used to have nice yearly fancy holiday parties and good bonuses. Used to have fun and interesting co-workers.

Cons

They got cheap and stopped doing special parties and barely have any bonuses. HR is bias. The co-workers who I used to enjoy their company all quit.

Stop being cheap and stick with the nice parties and bonuses. Completely re-do or re-hire all the awful HR people, or at least the manager.

Upper Management out of tune with department needs to be able to function efficiently.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free cable and basic internet service.

Cons

Not willing to appropriately staff departments. Thus leaving an astronomical amount of work to do that is impossible to finish or ever catch up. Employees get burned out easy when you are "volun-told" you have to work overtime.

Properly staff departments even if they aren't what you consider "money makers" the employee morale would definitely improve. If you can't keep hiring then don't keep needing.

Bright House Networks Photos