Bright House Networks

Bright House Networks CEO Steven Miron

Steven Miron

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hiring Process

Technical Care Professional - Help Desk Support (Current Employee)
    Maitland, FL

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsDriving distance for the job. About 54 Minutes without traffic

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management as long your on your toes 100% punctuality : meaning come to work on time, great attitude,

Great company, great people, great benefits, but could tweak a few things

Check In (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsIt is a great company to work for. Very stable since I haven't seen any layoffs in the almost 6 years that I've been there. Great benefits, including 401k and free cable/internet/home phone unless you upgrade to faster speeds or add additional equipment.

ConsThe department I work in (not Customer Service) should/could be just a M-F operation, but instead I am stuck working weekends. Our team is broken up into 3 different schedules where only 1/3 of the team has weekends off and schedules have not been changed/rotated in over 3 years like they used to. This is not fair to those that perform well and show up to work and do not have a chance to bid on a different schedule based on their performance and ranking within the department.

Inside sales rep

Inbound Sales (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Prosfree cable and internet. medical is ok.

Conswhere do I start? out of say 80 agents only 20 get good shifts so more than likely you will work weekends and/or nights. this is not because you are bad, its a mathematical fact. anyone who has been here more than 5 years has to wonder what the h3ll is going on with this place. every 3-6 months they squeeze more and more out of you. usually resulting in less pay or more work for the same pay. vacation pay work out to75% of your average check... why not 100%. how about senior management gets 75% of their pay and sees how that feels. so if you are out , not only do u not get full pay but then your next check or 2 suffers from no commission being earned. our checks are about 70% commission. next is attendance. recently everyone got burned out from taking back to back calls for 3 months straight to order free digitial adapters. the only way to keep your sanity was to call out. well to punish you now you basically cant miss more than 1 day every 2 months. that's for being sick, in a wreck, family emergency, family sick, etc. just another tactic to fire people and avoid unemployment pay. If you are sick or late, they make you use your vacation time to make it up... so if you have a trip to see family for Christmas you can just cancel that and work. There was a new software system rolled out which had a glitch of overbooking technicians by 4 appointments to 1. It took two months to straighten that out. Nobody held accountable just everyone suffers. Guess who the pissed of customers calls ? you guessed it-- sales. Some techs like to say a customer was "not home" and let us deal with the wrath , that's always fun. As I said earlier commission is tampered with once or twice a year-- not in our favor big surprise. its inevitable that one day we will just be hourly and no commission. also if you like being a customer service agent this is the job for you. 4 out of 5 days of the time is doing customer service related issues like billing, disconnects, and handling people who just love calling sales for anything but sales. The automated IVR sends any call where someone breathes wrong or doesn't speak like morgan freeman to sales. On top of that if customer service is busy, which is 98% of the time it overflows to sales. This is the new "thing" for call centers for sales agents to take customer service calls as cheap labor and to reduce commissions. we get about $5 less an hour than the customer service dept. They get these ideas from consultants they pay millions to tell them how they think the business should be run. my advice is go to school and have a backup plan because its starting to become a revolving door of employees. This company is fine if you have a normal career like accounting or HR because you would do your work and there is no way to really make you do more or change how you do it.

Advice to Senior Managementwhy bother all they worry about is squeezing more out of you no matter the cost,

Flag Review
    Bright House Networks Representative responded to this review Jun 18, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. We read every review and we will share your feedback with our team. Thank you!
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too focused on consultants

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsCustomer service is great. Fast repair and technical support

ConsInternally, too dependent on outside consultants and stressing out sales reps. Fell prey to downsizing and reorganizing (the latest and greatest thing to do!!). Needs to get back to the basics and encourage people.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow Jack Welch's management style. Encourage your people more through recognition and rewards.

Hostile

Cable Tech (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsI don't have any pros for this company

ConsNot easy to move around the company, The broadcast and encourage moving around within
    the company but it is not easy at all. The wages are really low for all the work that their cable techs do.

Great Company that has lost its way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat benefits, Great people to work with

ConsNo career advancement if you arent a extreme superstar or brown nose. Upper management doesnt listen to the voices of middle management. Too much focus on what management thinks the customer wants and not enough focus on what the customer's need. No real concern about keeping employees happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to the voices of your frontline staff before bright house is no more. Time Warner is always connected and will absorb the company if its in their best interest.

Moral has gone way down

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsMedical benefits, free cable, paid vacation and sick time, comission, 401k, pension

ConsVery stressful, ridiculous expectations, managment does not help, morale is very low, schedule changes frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding of the stressful environment in which we work, it's hard to meet all expectations when there are 300–600 very upset customers on hold at any given time.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

great company to work for

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Prosopportunities for advancement as long as you are proactive and driven, great benefits, matching 401k, free cable and internet employee account

Consentry level positions barely pay a living wage so you have to stick it out and have enough gumption to strive for higher

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees more

Not a horrible company to work for

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsFree cable and internet. My boss is awesome.

ConsNot a lot of advancement opportunities. Not transparent with information. Job moved to Tampa.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing so much on what the competition is doing and spend time figuring out what your customers actually want.
    Ditch the "hello friend" campaign or actually back it up with actions. Promote from within, even if it's not an open position. Have mentorship programs or if you have them, promote them.
    Stop being so secretive about everything! I haven't seen an org chart in years. I was told I wasn't allowed to. I was also told I couldn't see the relo details in writing until I decided to move, or know the full details of my severance until I decided not to move. That's ridiculous.
    And finally -- stop moving everyone to Tampa!

sales position going downhill

Sales (Current Employee)
    Maitland, FL

Prosgenerous cable services for employees. good health plans overall but they get worse each year( deductibles go up, prices go up) . tuition reimubursement available but hard to get at if you ever want a career outside of sales. Good benefits if you have an addiction but I dont.

Conssr management changes direction every year or two. overly obsessed with customer satisfaction to the point where employees get discouraged or let go from ridiculous expectations. customer can be perfectly happy but if you didnt say certain sentences you are in big trouble. You are really expected to be an expert therapist to talk with customers-- which cuts into time you could use for making additional sales. Also, commission structure is tampered with at least once per year making it harder to obtain and of course lower payout. vacation pay is not equivalent to normal earnings. Taking any time off kills your next 1-2 paychecks. barely any promotion potential. If there is an opening there are 50 people going for it, most of whom been there 10+ years and have done lead experience. shifts are crappy, the department should be closed on weekends and close at 8pm. And that doesnt mean lose 20 reps, it means have them during peak hours when there is a 20 minute hold time. If there is a slow day, reps should be allowed to go home up to 1/2 the shift early, not keep checking in and get 2 hour incredments. the only interactions we have durings nights/ weekends are customers who call sales for anything but sales. There was union scare about 3 years ago but kinda wish if happened! The notion of "glad to have a job" has its limits!

Advice to Senior Managementfix the cons -- your're the management

Worked for Bright House Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Bright House Networks Videos

Bright House Networks – Why Work for Us?

We’re Bright House Networks, an organization that’s achieved extraordinary success by developing and delivering premier cable systems and service. As the sixth largest company in our industry, we can offer you the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bright House Networks reviews and ratings in Orlando, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bright House Networks CEO Steven Miron. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Bright House Networks employees.