Bright House Networks Reviews

188 reviews filtered by
3.2
Bright House Networks CEO Steven Miron
Steven Miron

Pros
  • great benefits but thats about it in my opinion (in 40 reviews)

• Plus you get free cable & internet for your work just by working there (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Was mainly focused on Customer Service with sales being an extra benefit (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management will find a way to run you out if you make too much money (in 11 reviews)

1. Great benefits, below market pay

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company takes care of employees with the nice benefits package. Office culture and leadership can be different depending on which department you are working in, but it's generally not horrible.

Cons

I wouldn't advise a job in customer support on the residential side of business. Preferred schedules are harder to get since it goes off of seniority and many people have been there for a good long while. I would also say that management on the residential side has more of a take it or leave it attitude when it comes to the employees. The SMB/Enterprise sides of the business are much better.

To my former residential managers, I am working for you and expect to be addressed as such. Do not talk to me like I am your young child.

2. Voice Provisioning Specialist

I have been working at Bright House Networks

Pros

The people are nice to you

Cons

The pay is very low

3. Excellent Benefits, but the call center position is brutal

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks

Pros

The Benefits including medical dental and vision and Opportunity to Volunteer.

Cons

Negative Customer Environment, customers are constantly complaining

Unpleasant experience

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Maitland, FL

I worked at Bright House Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Covered parking garage... I really can't think of any other benefits to working there

Cons

Horrible camaraderie within the office, I was given minimal work to do and when asked for more work, I was told to straighten up the supply closet. Just a miserable experience

Treat your employees like humans and praise them for the good things they do, the smallest "thanks" or "good job" goes a long way..

Benefits great. Non-human intervention.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Deland, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks

Pros

We do have great benefits. And perks as to our cable and security systems. They do take care of us.

Cons

When you need a day off it takes an act of God. If you have an emergency when a family member is in the hospital you can't just go and ask for the time away. You have to swap days off with other employees. If that doesn't happen you must work. Although supervisors have the ability to give you the time off, most will not.

If you want employees to stay start
    Realizing that life happens. And time off is needed for emergencies, graduations, births, deaths, and accidents. Become human again. When something happens in your life we see you leave at a moments notice.

A good company that sometimes struggles under its own weight

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unparalleled Benefits
    401K Matching
    Free Pension
    Free premium cable TV, internet and home security systems as an employee
    Lots of paid company holidays
    It is almost impossible to get fired
    Benefits get even better if you stay there a long time

Cons

Everyone you meet tells you why they don't like your employer
    Takes a long time for many benefits to kick in (5 years)
    Managers seem to spend an inordinate amount of their time finding ways to avoid blame instead of focusing on being productive
    It is almost impossible for bad employees (and managers) to get fired
    Surprisingly immature yet staggeringly large, sprawling organization

Bright House is a leviathan of a company and with so many moving parts its hard to know where to start. But if management focuses relentlessly on improved accountability and service to their customers, they will find the trouble spots where BHN's people and processes are letting them down. The era of blame avoidance has to end, and a new culture of continuous improvement needs to be emphasized.

8. Brighthouse

Current Employee - Dsr in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Dsr in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

I really have nothing to say about this

non

Looks great to work at on the outside.

Current Employee - Technical Care Professional
    Current Employee - Technical Care Professional

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time

Pros

The only real benefit of working here is extremely discounted services as an employee.

Cons

Where do I start?

The scheduling is odd. If you need specific hours to match your spouse or your kid's schedules, it won't happen. Schedules are given by bidding for them and since Customer Care Professionals/Technical Care Professionals (CCP/TCP) are "ranked" based off of performance, you may not get the schedule that you actually need.

If you don't like to be judged, don't work here. Anyone who works on a phone that takes inbound calls from customers will have their phone calls recorded every single time. That's to be expected. However, your supervisor will have a meeting with you as they play back your calls that need improvement (as if it isn't annoying to hear your voice played back to you on a pair of headphones). The call is broken down and they give you advice on how you could have handled that call better.

Oddly enough, you can use the same spiel on two completely different phone calls. On one, you're appraised but on the other, you'll need improvement.

Sales quotas. We actually have sales quotas. Being a technical support agent, your primary concern with customers is to fix the issue(s) at-hand in a timely manner as you possibly can. Its my belief that CCP/TCP agents aren't there to sale these folks anything. We have an entire Sales Department that's there to upsell customer's services. It wouldn't be advisable for the Sales Department to try and perform troubleshooting.

When I use the word "quota", its because we're graded on way too many aspects but one of those aspects is upgrades/upsells. If someone has TV and internet, talking them into a home phone is a sale. If they have a certain internet plan but you're able to talk them into upgrading their speed, that's a sell. Yes, we receive commission but even still, people that are calling in to speak with someone in technical support isn't really in the greatest of moods so expecting the CCP/TCP folks to actually sell them stuff is just a bad form of conveyance.

Expecting to get time off because you have a birthday coming up or if you have family visiting from out-of-town? Good luck because it'll most likely not happen. I had a child's birthday coming up and I put in three separate requests to get ONE day off. I even asked my supervisor through emails and in-person about requesting it off. "I'll take a look at it and see what I can do." I was never given any response on it and I had to work on my child's birthday because calling out is frowned upon.

Show up one minute late? You're in trouble. Show up five minutes late? You're basically put down as not being at work that day (even if you were actually there through your entire shift). Tire flat? Car accident? You're actually sick and you just can't make it to work? Even though you would be given a couple of sick/personal days, calling out is extremely frowned upon but even if you are unable to perform your duties, you're expected to come in.

Leaving early is also considered calling out.

Our Leads aren't helpful. When we receive a call about something that we have no ability to perform, such as removing MyServices log-in information or provisioning a customer-owned modem, we need a Lead Technical Care Professional to do that because, as mentioned before, we're not allowed to do those. Outside of those requests, if we need actual help on a phone call, it typically involves us submitting either a ticket to another department or a field technician to the customer's home.

Yearly pay raises are based on whether or not your supervisor likes you. You can be a model employee for this company but if your boss just doesn't like you, expect .25 to .30-cent raises. On the flip-side, if your supervisor really likes you and looks at you like a really close friend, you can expect a whole $1.00 pay raise instead.

Above all else, the training is usually supposed to be around 8-weeks of training. Mine was five. On top of the rushed training, we skipped a lot of the training on stuff that we constantly see all the time. The phone system is so complex and very complicated that we were given an hour of training and a very brief demonstration.

Don't judge and grade CCP/TCP agents so strictly and harshly. This is hands down a giant morale killer. I've never actually felt dread about going into work until I've worked here and the main reason is because our morale is so incredibly low.

I'm currently job hunting in hopes of finding a better company that treats their workforce a lot better.

10. Video Admin

I worked at Bright House Networks

Pros

Great Company to work for, great product

Cons

Can be a bit overwhelming, better decisions could be made by upper mgmnt

It's good if you can put your head down and just do your job.

Current Employee - Account Executive II in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks

Pros

Flexible schedule, opportunity for nice commissions, good product and brand recognition with customers.

Cons

No residuals or renewals as an AE II. Upper management doesn't treat urgent scenarios the way they should be dealt with. No real upward mobility opportunities as you can manage lots of people here with very few people. Change is always kind of slammed down your throat vs rolled out effectively.

Don't change things when they are working.

Bright House Networks Photos