Bright Lights USA

Dan Farber

Rewarding workplace

Current Employee - Procurement in Barrington, NJ
    Current Employee - Procurement in Barrington, NJ

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A feeling of accomplishment when a project is completed. Looking out for your clients and having respect of your coworkers and Managment. Learn something new everyday is a definitely a plus.

Cons

None that Incan think of.

Stay the path it's been working for the past 24 years.

Has been most rewarding for me. Love what I do.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Barrington, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Barrington, NJ

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning is always encouraged at Bright Lights. When I started my employment, I was hired to do something that was totally out of my comfort zone. I had never worked in customer service and didn't know what to expect. So I was nervous and hoping I could do the job learning all the new information that encompasses it. But with the training, encouragement and mentoring that I received it made all the difference and now I am confident in my job responsibilities. There are always opportunities to learn new things so that cross training is accomplished and all departments are covered. Overtime is always available and you are compensated fairly. The owner is constantly saying "thank you" whenever you perform your job duties, which is a really nice thing to hear and you know you are appreciated. In this world, it is not said enough. Teamwork is encouraged by management so that the company can grow and prosper; to be the best that we can be in our field. When the company prospers, so do the employees.

Cons

Personalities of employees would be the only thing that possibly gets in the way of working as a team, in isolated incidents. This is something that happens in every company you would work for. But if we realize that and that our differences make us who we are, then we can learn to work for the good of all.

Don't stop the "thank yous"; it makes our day! Possible training in teamwork and learning to appreciate diversity might be helpful.

Great place to work and learn while paying it forward as we support our troops and give back to our country!

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities for continuous, higher-level thinking, learning and growth, family atmosphere, leadership opportunities, fast-paced environment, ability to work overtime, customer-service relations in the domestic and international populations, location, location, location

Cons

work ethic at times, limited medical benefits

Continue to offer staff development, networking and training events

Terrible place to work at. Wish I could give it 0 stars

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bright Lights USA

Pros

Very few, if any. There is overtime if you want it. Some guys work 60 hours a week.

Cons

Pay is very very low, making overtime necessary. Zero benefits. No medical, no vacation until after 6 months. Hostile work environment. Half of your coworkers are ex cons which is how they get away with low balling your pay. Getting screamed at by coworkers and management is normal. Intimidation and lies is the managing style. Don't believe a single word in the interviews. Nobody has ever gotten a review and raises are usually 25 cents to 50 if you're lucky. Very high turnover rate. Nobody lasts longer than a few months. Poor morale, unorganized, everyone tries to cover their own butt and throw you under the bus. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Favoritism is useless. Start asking the operators what the issues are instead of people behind the desk when it comes to quality. The past few years is a good example of it being as good as it's going to get with the way how it is managed.

Great place to work and feel good about helping support the war-fighter.

Current Employee - Purchasing in Barrington, NJ
    Current Employee - Purchasing in Barrington, NJ

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for continuing education. A place to learn and grow within your position. Family atmosphere and mgmt cares about the staff.

Cons

Some staff don't care about their work which at times effects others.

weed out the bad staff.

If you look up an example of a hostile environment, you will see Bright Lights USA.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barrington, NJ

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You can work a lot of overtime, the reason being that you are expected to do the work of three people.

Cons

The owner feels the need to check everything you do, E-mails are read, commented on. If you do something right, you will hear nothing, If you do something wrong, you will never hear the end of it. Low pay, poor morale and a lot of favoritism towards certain employees.

See how other companies are managed. Let people do their work and learn to trust your employees.

Not worth the stress every day.

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees. Great people that are friends!

Cons

Micro managed. No benefits. He who did the most got dumped on all the time. It's an ass kissing job to say the least.

Anger Management!!

Stressful

I have been working at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the employees are nice people.

Cons

No benifits! Poor company moral, alot of favoritism with in the company.

Great place to start your career.

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Barrington, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Barrington, NJ

I worked at Bright Lights USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities of education reimbursment. Almost unlimited overtime available for a majority of positions.

Cons

Subjective treatment of employees. Lack of benefits, and low compensation provide for a higher turn-over rate of new hires.

There are issues of 'micromanagement' which need to be addressed as most senior management throughout the company does not see eye-to-eye, and lower managerment and subordinates seem to take the blame of this misdirection.

A great opportunity to grow and learn while also supporting the war efforts and our troops!

I have been working at Bright Lights USA

Pros

unlimited overtime, compassion with family/personal issues, great working relationships with most co-employees, great atmosphere for anyone who loves to work in a very fast paced environment

Cons

a lack of medical benefits