Bright Trading

Add Photos

Rob Friesen

Excellent Trading Firm

Trader (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsBright Trading has been an excellent firm to work with. They have access to significant capital and don't have a problem with their traders using it in a rational, low-risk manner. If traders have a particular strategy they would like to implement, management will work with them to ensure that the risk is appropriate. They provide lots of educational opportunities to help traders grow in their trading careers.

ConsIt would be nice if other instruments were available for trading, such as options and futures. It would also be nice to have readier access to some additional technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more locations around the country

Tough to make a living

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork when you want to, freedom to try out your own strategies, some good people to work with

ConsNo salary, have to pay for training and the training is not very good. Need to come up with your own trading ideas to work here

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better training programs.

Good training. Pricey commissions. Questionable mentoring.

Trader (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCommunity - even for remote traders.

ConsExpensive commissions. Mentoring is pretty useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more specific feedback in mentoring.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not everything I'd hoped for in terms of support / guidance.

Trader (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosopportunity is there but odds aren't good. There is still money that can be made but how to get there is left up to you except for very general guidance

Conscosts on the high side. you would be better off going elsewhere. instruction is way overpriced for what you get. living off past succeses.

Advice to Senior Managementupdate teaching for today's markets and give more hands on support -let us know what you are doing trade wise

Stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey give you a decent amount of capital intra day to trade

Consstay away. the lie and make many operational mistakes and will promise to fix them but never do. The accounting dept sucks. They will also hit you with fees they will never tell you about. You will wake up one morning to trade and see your account is missing large amounts of money and when you try to find out what the problem is thay will play dumb.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some integrity

Bright Trading will allow you to operate a proprietary trading business

Trader (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey give their traders better leverage (buying power) than anyone else I know. Additionally, if management believes in your trading idea, they are open to you trading the idea with their capital.

ConsHigher than average commission costs. Brights business model is not ideal for traders who are trigger happy day traders. If you aren't using their leverage, there are lower cost options out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBright offers training but too many traders believe that profitability is a paint-by-numbers process. I felt the 3 day class was a good introduction to the basics but the extended boot camp was not worth it.

No guarantee of success, no salary.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can make a lot of money if you get something going. They teach you many strategies that can work if you have the discipline and psychological ability to implement it.

ConsThere's no guarantee of success as in any trading business. The costs if you don't success are expensive. Considering the investment of your time and energy and the potential loss of your capital, I would do this only if you are willing to dedicate your life to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the rent and penalization you impose on traders for not trading enough. That's why you are losing so many traders.

A professional enviromnent to develop trading skills and strategies.

Prop Trader (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsAccess to other professional traders. Key in developing strategies for a successful trader, access to experienced traders and trading platforms, news services.

ConsIn any daytrading job, the greatest risk is loss of capital, your own, which in most cases, results in a high failure rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure accessability to experienced traders key in greater success rate of new traders, which Bright Trading is aware of.

As a Prop Firm they are great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvide you with plenty of leverage and freedom to do what you want. Can test your own ideas and managers are very approachable.

ConsNeed to know its a prop firm so your salary is what you make.

Insincere, Two Faced

Insincere, Deceptive (Current Employee)

ProsReal People doing actual trading.

ConsA huge disadvantage of this firm is that they don't promise what they deliver. They are deceptive. They are insincere. When you first sign up, it seems that they are going to be there to provide guidance and support and then nothing happens. They take 20% of any profits, have huge monthly fees and for this, they should provide more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and deliver what you promise.

Worked for Bright Trading? Contribute to the Community!