BrightWire

BrightWire Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Cooper

Cool place to work, fast growing, everything i'm looking for

Pros+small team, fun culture
    +Interesting challenges, user-centered problem solving
    +clients are smart, work on big problems
    +exposure to investing strategies, buy-side finance
    +really collaborative, you get to work on almost everything

Cons-Office could be bigger, better
    -Not much hanging outside of work (but we're at work all the time, so maybe that would be too much)

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, other than maybe moving to a bigger office

Great place to work

ProsAwesome culture of teamwork and a good balance between innovation and execution. There is no org hierarchy and a lot of opportunity to gain experience outside of your typical role. Generally, there is a lot of energy around the office and everyone is friendly.

ConsThere is no formal training, so you won't get much help and not much experience to learn from.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on employee's career development

Challenging, but worth it

ProsThe single most important distinction that BrightWire offers is the company is the only startup disrupting a large market in global newswires. For culture, if you perform well, you'll work on interesting projects and see meaningful impact on the success of the company. Work is hard, and there's lots of it, so it's not an easy job, but if you're not slow or lazy and have what it takes, you will likely do well.

ConsThere's a lot of work and the team is small and generally understaffed on any given task. You really have to prioritize your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much, ceo has done a great job re-positioning and focusing the company on the B2B market

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work, great opportunity to innovate in publishing

Writer/Reporter (Current Employee)

ProsFlat structure
    Results oriented
    Lot of innovation

ConsWe need a better office and a better CMS

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on writers and new editorial process, leave legacy behind. Continue experimenting.

Roller Coaster Ride

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great idea, great potential. Very entrepreneurial environment. The corporate structure is flat and there is very easy access to higher ups within the organization. There are a lot of regularly scheduled team building events.

ConsLack of clear system of accountability, lack of clear vision. Management seems confused on what the business needs. Little reward or appreciation of dedication. It is not unusual for management to make major policy changes (including compensation) multiple times during the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to go back to the drawing board to understand what the business model is. You clearly have something but lack execution.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unacceptable

GMA (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great group of young talents - very diverse crowd
    -Very relaxed environment

Cons-long hours
    -low pay
    -no career growth
    -lied by management on multiple occasions
    -treated like kids

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have given more respsonsibilities to your young talents and created an environment to keep employees and not show them the door after working there for 1-2 years.

Global Media Analyst

Global Media Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking from home may be good for some people, and work does not demand overtime. You can escalate pay level and responsibility with performance.

ConsWorking as an independent contractor does not provide benefits, pay is very low compared to level of responsibility. Management is almost non-responsive to performance reviews. Feedback takes days, if not weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more valuable company culture for those working on contract. Provide partial benefits and increase transparency.

Generally Acceptable

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsFlat management structure is a plus

ConsCompany direction is not clear

Frat Party

ProsOnce upon a time, good people worked here

ConsThe company has gone under

Advice to Senior ManagementNice try

Very smart and talented analysts, highly undervalued

Global Media Analyst (Current Employee)

Pros-Work with a talented and friendly group of people
    -Fun, start-up environment
    -Educational atmosphere, with intelligent conversations
    -Diverse employee group

Cons-Analysts don't get paid well and there are no merit-based promotions/bonuses
    -Career path is lacking definition
    -Company does not know how to keep top talent

Worked for BrightWire? Contribute to the Community!