Brightedge Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.3
Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Pros
  • We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks (in 7 reviews)

• Selling best in class digital marketing technology makes it a great sales process and fantastic opportunity to exceed goal / ramp my commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance: non-existent (in 5 reviews)

• In four years the company is the clear leader in a very competitive space; that is a position that does not come without a lot of hard work (in 6 reviews)

1. Good Sales Experience

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They have the best product on the market, no contest -Compensation and commission are very competitive -My manager offers me feedback and guidance to help me achieve my goals consistently -Great prizes if you win monthly and yearly sales competitions, Trips to Hawaii, free lunches etc... -Good opportunities for promotion in Sales

Cons

-I wouldn't say this is a con, but SaaS sales (in general) can very stressful and challenging at times. It is extremely important to stay motivated if you want to be in technology sales. If you're thinking about applying here I would tell you to say away unless you are very driven, competitive, and ready to get after it

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and encourage the staff it helps make the job rewarding

2. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart team, great management, well organized, clear values, treat employees well, team oriented

Cons

Really can't think of anything that would classify as a con

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative and hiring great people

Great Sales Opportunity if you have no shame

Former Employee - EBR in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - EBR in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good. The technology is much more advanced than the competition

Cons

A culture that encourages sales harassment. With any sales job there is always a level of out reach and cold calling, but BrightEdge takes it to a new level. No matter what your role is on the sales side you will have to call/email your potential sales opportunities daily until they are ready to file a restraining order. EBR's call the same companies over and over again pleading in any way to get them to sit through a demo. When AE's have a new sales opportunity, management forces them to close as quickly as possible with no exceptions. If the client is unable to close in a few months (which hardly anyone ever is) they throw the opportunity back in the churn and the cycle of harassment starts over again. It's a viscous cycle that drives digital marketers into the arms of the competition. Competing technologies are taking more and more business away because they have realized all they have to do is treat clients with an ounce of courtesy and respect to win the business. BrightEdge doesn't care about customers, they care about winning business. If you are only in sales to make money and have no ethics or concept of a moral high ground, you'll fit in great. If you don't believe the negative reviews that are written on Glassdoor, I'd encourage you to go on LinkedIn and try to find someone in sales that has been with BrightEdge longer than 2 years. They are very few and far between.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential candidates you hire about what kind of sales sweat shop you are running

Director

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in sales for many years, and I can truly say that I couldn't be happier with Brightedge, my outstanding sales team, and the wonderful management that I am privileged to work with. Some of the the notable aspects of the company include: * Industry leading product * Great sales culture * Great and talented employees * Great sales training * Great perks including monthly trips for top reps, free lunch Friday, and Hawaiian vacation for President's Club * True meritocracy and reward for top performers * Great career growth!

Cons

* Brightedge is a wonderful company that has gone through the same expected growing pains of any other company that is growing at out pace. Each year the company gets better and better, and I always surprised to see those reviews that miss the mark on the outstanding opportunities found here.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great talent!

Fast Moving Company with an Amazing Company Culture

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative
    Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had multiple job offers from some of the largest SaaS companies to the fastest growing startups and I chose BrightEdge for a reason. If you're looking for a company that has cutting edge technology and is growing at a fast pace surrounded by an energetic, fun culture- this is the job for you. I could not have made a better choice with my career. You are giving the tools and resources to succeed and it is your job to find what works. If you have a passion for sales and want to be apart of something big, this is your perfect fit. Energetic, young culture Flexible hours-- make your own schedule. No strict calling hours Free Friday lunch Weekly groceries Monthly outings Numerous contests to win extra money and trips Office yoga Open door policy-- work closely with management

Cons

It is a late startup. There is going to be change within the organization because we are growing so fast. The only reason why I put this as a con is because if you can't embrace change-- it may be difficult for you to adapt.

Account Executive - I love it Here So Read This

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I saw the last negative review and felt compelled to write this. As an AE, we get 100's of leads every month, tons of support and as the market leader I think more than half of team is over 100% of goal according to what I know. Yes, the company does manage to numbers - hello this is a sales job at a rapidly growing tech company. If you have a problem with quotas and running a process that has delivered 100's of clients and selling the best organic search tech, you should try working for 1 of 100's of start ups that wont amount to anything and wont enhance your career. Don't join and go not perform somewhere else. I am advancing and making more money than I ever have.

Cons

none for me - I work 8-6, make money and am learning a lot

Advice to Management

don't hire people who cant do job.

Your experience here depends a LOT on your department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

There are great, friendly, hard-working people here. They let you share ideas and run with them. CTO is an amazing leader. The product is super interesting, and they train you really well in SEO. I'll be honest, I was super nervous about accepting a job here after reading all the negative reviews on Glassdoor - so I actually brought it up in my interview. The CTO said that a majority of these reviews are actually from the sales/marketing department - not the engineering department (which is the department I was interviewing for). So I took a gamble and accepted the job. I'm going to say that he is right. The engineering department is great, and I'm pretty sure the negative reviews are about other departments - so be wary if you are interviewing there. I had some medical issues and nobody ever said a single thing about me taking the time I needed during the day. In fact, they were VERY accommodating. Now, that isn't to say that they don't expect hard work. They want very hard-working, driven people. They expect you deliver. If you want an easy, laid-back job, this isn't for you. I actually very much enjoyed the rigorous environment, since I like a challenge. They aren't at all unreasonable, though, and I found their requirements of me to be the same as any other job I've had.

Cons

There are some overtime issues with engineers having to work really late, especially during release weeks. However, they've hired someone to make the processes more agile, so they really are trying to fix the problem (the CTO is definitely aware and has talked about it). But just know that there are some growing pains in that process. They claim that they are a scrum company, but at least when I worked there, they had a long way to go to get there. However, the person they hired for the job is great and is really trying to change things. Definitely some communication problems, but I really don't think they are intentional. Just know that it'll need some work.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to get employees to "drink the Koolaid", so to speak. Employee's will believe in the product on their own - they are working for you and working on the product and making something that they are proud of. When you claim we have zero problems and no "real" competition, you come off sounding disingenuous - as an employee, I'd rather know about the real problems we are facing so that we can fix them. There's no shame in having competition - it can drive you to be better. Keep at it, and keep getting more and more organized so the machine will run smoothly. BrightEdge is an amazing product and a great company.

Account Executive

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

As a young person there are some talented people you can learn from here.

Cons

No quality of life at all. Completely driven by the numbers. Sales management is terrible as is executive management. Very large attrition rate in sales due to this.

Advice to Management

Stop treating sales as disposable people to be burned through. No wonder so many people bail.

Growing company, good place to work

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

Pros

Great technology Collaborative team environment Motivated, helpful coworkers Team activities + events Friday lunches

Cons

Pay is good only because of all the overtime hours that are put in (and expected) No 401k matching

Good Company, ridiculous hours

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst

Pros

People are very enthusiastic and excited about the platform - very collaborative and friendly. Things are constantly changing and updating so it never gets boring.

Cons

Stupid long hours - expected to work 11 hours a day. You start off at a hourly rate (20/hr) and make bad money if you don't work the full 55 hours a week. You get more done in 8 straight hours of hard work rather than 11 hours of just trying to get your hours in.

Advice to Management

Good job overall, nothing bad to say about management - just long hours

RSS Feed </> Embed