Brightedge Technologies

Updated February 28, 2015
3.3

Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Pros
  • We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks (in 7 reviews)

• Selling best in class digital marketing technology makes it a great sales process and fantastic opportunity to exceed goal / ramp my commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant stress and lack of work-life balance make it almost unbearable (in 5 reviews)

• Be prepared for not receiving any credit for all your hard work, and being asked to do more and more (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

"Great Work Environment - Fun, Energetic and Inspiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love being a part of BrightEdge! I have worked at all types and sizes of companies in Silicon Valley and I can honestly say this is my most fun, challenging and rewarding company to date. The leadership team is not only committed to the company's' success - which as a shareholder in a pre-IPO company is important - but also to our employee's success. It is incredible that we have a great training program for new / recent grads to come in and learn the business in sales, client services and engineering, and provide them a clear career path for promotion. Our philosophy of promoting from within is unheard of for companies our size (300 employees to date). I work long hours (by choice not by demand) and everyday It amazes me how fast the day goes by, because we are moving at such a fast clip.

One thing to note - this is a company where you control your own success - if you are a go-getter, driven to succeed, are truly a team player and are open to learning every day - then this is a great place for you! I am so happy that I am here and that BrightEdge has given me such a great opportunity!

Cons

My only con is I wish we had more catered lunches, other than Friday. Don't get me wrong - I love the free lunches on Friday and all the snacks, but it would be great to have food brought in a few days a week.

Keep doing what you are doing! Culture starts at the top, and I am proud to be in a role where I can make a difference and influence change where needed and reinforce the great drive, culture and rewards provided to every employee.

BrightEdge

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience
    Support from management
    Culture of growth

Cons

I am satisfied and excited for future experiences here

challenging if you're up for it

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

lots of room for growth, competitive compensation for entry level jos

Cons

tough, sometimes unreasonable sales goals

need more transparency.

Get noticed.

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I consider joining a new company, I have a few boxes I need to check first:
    -Technology: the best in the market against competitors?
    -Culture: work hard/play hard, can I hang around these people 8 hours a day?
    -Company Growth: what VCs invested, how much and what round?
    -Career Growth: if I crush it, can I move up the ranks?
    -Management: can I learn from the person who's managing me?

BrightEdge checked all those boxes for me. I've been here for over a year now and those boxes are still checked, plus a few more.

BrightEdge is about the 'athlete mentality'; if you work fast and smart you'll get noticed. On the same token, that athlete mentality comes along with the comradery. Everyone, even c-level, are here to help you if you ask for it.

BrightEdge is in a great place right now. We're a late stage startup with over 9000 clients and growing everyday. We're solving a need in the market and it feels good to contribute to that.

Cons

I don't really have any cons, the only thing I would say is that BrightEdge is not for you if you don't like to work fast and smart.

I love the executive support when I need it. Keep innovating, staying ahead of the competition and solving that need.

Growth, Opportunity, and World-Class Training

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright Edge has separated itself from other companies from the start! You will not be thrown into a sink or swim environment. The interview process guarantees that you are/are not qualified for the position that you are applying for. Once you are hired, your first week is an over view of the industry as well as the company and its platform. The in-depth training and time spent on the material sets every employee up to succeed. In your second week, you will train for your exact position. It is rare that a company spends so much effort into training.

Not only is training world-class, but the opportunity for career growth and money are there! Base salary and OTE is higher than most companies in the industry. The platform is industry leading.

Cons

If you are not a quick learner, you can get lost in training. If you do no work hard, don't enjoy fast-paced growth learning environments, you should not apply.

BrightEdge

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

People are nice and approachable - from EBRS to CSAs to execs; good camaraderie
    I like the fast paced environment - makes me feel accomplished at the end of the day

Cons

Not for someone who can't handle a challenging and fast paced setting

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Brightedge is a fast paced, innovative company with great technology. It is a great opportunity for someone looking to succeed in a well funded start-up environment. Great compensation package with aggressive but attainable goals. The management team is 100% dedicated to your success as a rep and will arm you with all the tools to win. The Chicago office is growing with great people and it is rewarding to work everyday alongside smart, innovative colleagues.

Cons

Fast paced and aggressive cadence to sales cycle is not for everyone- however I do not view this as a con. Brightedge is making a big splash in the market and expect the reps to perform on a monthly basis. While this is not for everyone, the AE's that come in and work hard everyday are rewarded very well.

Keep doing what you are doing and hiring great people. It is really exciting to grow and win with the company.

A place to learn and grow

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

This is a great place if you're interested in an opportunity to grow and develop your career. Each department at BrightEdge provides training and support to assist in personal and professional growth. Here you truly work hard and play hard.

Cons

The company has been through growing pains and some "pains" have taken longer to address, but the team is moving in the right direction.

Keep promoting from within. Be open to suggestions on new strategies.

I currently work at BrightEdge.

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

I really love working here. It's great doing my job knowing that we have the leading product in the industry.

Cons

Communication of company status/updates could be improved upon.

Strong meritocracy culture and environment

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

Great opportunities to take on additional responsibilities that build skills and leadership
    Strong performance is recognized and rewarded
    Talented employees that are fun, driven, and motivated
    Collaborative team environment that helps drive success
    Access to senior management and visibility

Cons

As teams continue to grow, need to offer more formal training and development opportunities for the new managers
    Need office location in San Francisco
    Offer more perks for the office

Brightedge Technologies Photos