Brightedge Technologies Reviews

91 reviews filtered by
3.2
Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Pros
  • We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks (in 7 reviews)

• Selling best in class digital marketing technology makes it a great sales process and fantastic opportunity to exceed goal / ramp my commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant stress and lack of work-life balance make it almost unbearable (in 5 reviews)

• Be prepared for not receiving any credit for all your hard work, and being asked to do more and more (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Work Environment - Fun, Energetic and Inspiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love being a part of BrightEdge! I have worked at all types and sizes of companies in Silicon Valley and I can honestly say this is my most fun, challenging and rewarding company to date. The leadership team is not only committed to the company's' success - which as a shareholder in a pre-IPO company is important - but also to our employee's success. It is incredible that we have a great training program for new / recent grads to come in and learn the business in sales, client services and engineering, and provide them a clear career path for promotion. Our philosophy of promoting from within is unheard of for companies our size (300 employees to date). I work long hours (by choice not by demand) and everyday It amazes me how fast the day goes by, because we are moving at such a fast clip.

One thing to note - this is a company where you control your own success - if you are a go-getter, driven to succeed, are truly a team player and are open to learning every day - then this is a great place for you! I am so happy that I am here and that BrightEdge has given me such a great opportunity!

Cons

My only con is I wish we had more catered lunches, other than Friday. Don't get me wrong - I love the free lunches on Friday and all the snacks, but it would be great to have food brought in a few days a week.

Keep doing what you are doing! Culture starts at the top, and I am proud to be in a role where I can make a difference and influence change where needed and reinforce the great drive, culture and rewards provided to every employee.

2. fun place to work: beer plus an office dog

Current Employee - EBR in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - EBR in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great compensation for entry level job. they know that EBR life is hard, and they compensate accordingly (trips to vegas, hawaii, cash spiffs, etc)

and we have an office dog in san mateo!

Cons

lack of transparency with management but if you can accept that it's a startup and things move quickly, it's not so bad

Lots of promises, little action

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Depending on the team you end up with, you will meet some incredibly smart, talented, and genuinely friendly individuals. Your skillset will grow, as there is a lot of work to be done and you'll have to learn a lot on the job. Don't worry about your SEO skillset before joining BrightEdge--every new hire must go through a phenomenally in-depth training program.

Cons

The work to be done doesn't have enough hands to do it. The company is all about pushing out massive numbers, and it doesn't really seem to matter how they get there. Most employees do not spend more than 1 to 2 years here. That lack of loyalty and high turnover is alarming. (Yes, they are growing in net, as noted by the company in a review response below, but that's only because hiring is extremely rapid to make up for the large outflux).

Do not believe the hype that you are given in the interview--this is not a startup. It wants to appear that it still has a start up vibe, but the culture is very corporate, and only getting more so.

A variety of promises will be made during the interview about the opportunities for advancement, but clear goals and expectations are rarely set. If you are not a favorite employee of management or work on a team that is most important to generating new revenue, you will find that your growth opportunities in the company (and your value to the company) will be severely limited.

For the long hours (60+ hour weeks are not out of the ordinary), compensation is mediocre at best, although medical benefits are generally pretty strong.

Consider the value of your employees as more than just cheap labor. People will consider staying with the company in the long term if they feel they are valued and given additional responsibilities and roles to grow and develop in. It should be easy for employees to see that it is in their best interest to be at BrightEdge. Right now, there are a lot of "better offers" out there for talented individuals for

Great first job but no future here

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-most people here are nice
    -catered lunches (but this is not a reason to join a company!)

Cons

-no work life balance
    -extremely high turnover: employees are very dissastisfied
    -poor management (ie; micromanaging)
    -very low morale, bad culture, dreaded coming into work everyday

the fake positives reviews here on glassdoor are just that: FAKE. anyone can see that they are. My advice to management: you're blowing your cover with this

6. BrightEdge

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience
    Support from management
    Culture of growth

Cons

I am satisfied and excited for future experiences here

Attempt at a balanced review. If reading and considering BrightEdge; please take negative reviews seriously.

Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Two week training in California
    - Reasonably good salary
    - Occasional free food

Cons

- Lack of training and guidance provided
    - Very high staff turnover
    - Management do not have a great interest in your career progress

- Need to combat high staff turnover. Address employee dissatisfaction. This cannot continue indefinitely
    - Some people succeed at BrightEdge which is great, but many others struggle. Consider why great employee performance is the exception rather than the rule
    - Make the interview process more thorough. If people are being offered a job and then subsequently struggle, then maybe you are not qualifying well

Get noticed.

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I consider joining a new company, I have a few boxes I need to check first:
    -Technology: the best in the market against competitors?
    -Culture: work hard/play hard, can I hang around these people 8 hours a day?
    -Company Growth: what VCs invested, how much and what round?
    -Career Growth: if I crush it, can I move up the ranks?
    -Management: can I learn from the person who's managing me?

BrightEdge checked all those boxes for me. I've been here for over a year now and those boxes are still checked, plus a few more.

BrightEdge is about the 'athlete mentality'; if you work fast and smart you'll get noticed. On the same token, that athlete mentality comes along with the comradery. Everyone, even c-level, are here to help you if you ask for it.

BrightEdge is in a great place right now. We're a late stage startup with over 9000 clients and growing everyday. We're solving a need in the market and it feels good to contribute to that.

Cons

I don't really have any cons, the only thing I would say is that BrightEdge is not for you if you don't like to work fast and smart.

I love the executive support when I need it. Keep innovating, staying ahead of the competition and solving that need.

Growth, Opportunity, and World-Class Training

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright Edge has separated itself from other companies from the start! You will not be thrown into a sink or swim environment. The interview process guarantees that you are/are not qualified for the position that you are applying for. Once you are hired, your first week is an over view of the industry as well as the company and its platform. The in-depth training and time spent on the material sets every employee up to succeed. In your second week, you will train for your exact position. It is rare that a company spends so much effort into training.

Not only is training world-class, but the opportunity for career growth and money are there! Base salary and OTE is higher than most companies in the industry. The platform is industry leading.

Cons

If you are not a quick learner, you can get lost in training. If you do no work hard, don't enjoy fast-paced growth learning environments, you should not apply.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

If you are good, the earning potential is significant
    The company will be successful

Cons

Do not let them "sell you the dream"
    The culture here is miserable and most of the opportunity for new business sales has dried up
    No Work-life balance and you will be publicly shamed for attempting to take time-off
    Management has no transparency and has a habit of intentionally deceiving and hiding information from employees

Be more transparent
    Let the employees create culture as opposed to squashing any joy from the company

11. Strong meritocracy culture and environment

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

Great opportunities to take on additional responsibilities that build skills and leadership
    Strong performance is recognized and rewarded
    Talented employees that are fun, driven, and motivated
    Collaborative team environment that helps drive success
    Access to senior management and visibility

Cons

As teams continue to grow, need to offer more formal training and development opportunities for the new managers
    Need office location in San Francisco
    Offer more perks for the office

Brightedge Technologies Photos