Brightree Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
4.6

Dave Cormack

"It's all about the customer; and it takes a great team to serve them"

Former Employee - Sales  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have incredibly talented people here. Atlanta is a center of excellence for technology, like Silicon Valley, or Boston. The companies that have been HQ'd or have had major footprints here (think mindspring, NCR, Cisco, etc) have developed remarkable talent over the years. Plus amazing educational institutions like GA Tech, Emory, etc. With some 400 team members here we have been blessed to attract and retain many of this top Atlanta technolgy talent. And what do they do? They serve our customers. We have almost 70,000 users and 3000 individual companies that use our services to help run their businesses. We help THEM be successful and in turn WE are successful. The review title says it all and it paraprhases typical comments by our CEO, Dave Cormack. We don't "sell software" and then move on, rather we are in the service business-- we service the customer and we do that with TOP TALENT. The result of that is we have the best customers and the best talent here to serve them. Come on and join us (whether you are a customer or want to come work here!)

Cons

Someone had a recent funeral and was talking about "bereavement leave" which is a very generous thing that the company does. We also added the friday after thanksgiving as "official holiday" which is generous. But I think i'd like more holidays off (doesn't everyone want that!). We do work very very hard here, many long hours and it's good to get breaks and time away. With the customer volume and the complexity of all that we are offering (we have not just the "core service" but so many extended services that help our customers do more with less, be efficient), we all have to work very hard to keep this going. Dont' get me wrong -- vacay/leave policy is generous, and I think it's consistent / competitive with other ATl technology companies -- i'd just like more (I guess i should move to Germany ;)

Our customers have extremely high expectations of us-- for more than 10 years we have been their critical technology partner. They trust us and love us and come back for more year after year (testament-- we have simple one year agreement -- customers renew year after year and get more services!). Advice to management is to ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THIS-- our enviable leadership position in customer service and support is fantastic, but to maintain that we must keep our eye on the ball. PLUS while these customers ask for more and more and more, we must be cautious to be always deliver high quality -- if we get too many projects and initiatives going at once then some are at risk (we have so many projects now we must keep an eye on that!)

Thanks for all that you do for employees -- 401k match, dental, health plan, leave policies. Next step -- start charity gift matching -- that is not for everyone but it expands the reach and impact of the company. My last co did that it was nice and many "blue chip" cos do-- and I think we've arrived to the "blue chip" world as brightree is as "blue chip" as it gets. Thanks.

Good

I worked at Brightree as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great location if you if you are not interested in commuting on the interstate. Out in Gwinnett county with lots of restaurants nearby.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge. Rapidly growing company and communication is sometimes challenging across the company at large. Company training is excellent for new customers though. Very dynamic work environment.

excellent staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

very dedicated team members with extensive industry knowledge

Cons

trying to do too much at one time, which causes something to fall through the cracks

slow down and listen to customers and to the staff closest to the customers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Morale is low and turn over high

Former Employee - Configuration Analyst  in  Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Configuration Analyst in Duluth, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary may be decent

Cons

A prospective employee is "wooed" in during the interview process. They may even change the title of the position when you come on -- slightly deceitful. For instance, you may interview for a Network Operator or something similar but once you are hired your title may change to Configuration Specialist or something similar. So you go in believing you have a certain position but they switch it up on you.
    Next, the turn over is high. If they get a list of the employees that they have had in the last 5 years and scratch off the people who have left in those same 5 years, most of the list would be scratch off (maybe with new hires) -- so therefore there IS high turnover.

Please do not be duped by these high reviews because I worked there and the management (not the CEO) but other management will not make it comfortable for you and will be very cut throat - ish. This runs people off. But I believe since this manager intimidates customers who want to "not" continue with their product this manager is reward by upper management well. Because it generates money and as I said before they have a niche market and keeping good employees is just not on the list of important things.
    In conclusion, if you have a family and you are looking for a job that you will spend years on or even retire at -- then this is NOT the place for you. You will either leave, be fired or be stressed out.

Now the manager who will respond to this item will so otherwise, BUT I worked there and seen what I have saw. From the front desk to the specialist desks everyone is not happy but of course you have to play it off. But soon, you will either be run off by the "catty" manager or you may be fired or just plain stressed out.

ITs NOT Worth It!!!!!!!!! Stay clear (unless this is the only thing that you can do right now)

I think since you make a high profit keeping employees is not a premium for you. You have a niche market and are doing well -- so that's all that really matters right? But keeping good employees in NOT on your list of things. So it is what it is.

Incredibly talented team full of hard working individuals serving our customers in the post-acute care market.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Performance is valued and rewarded through promotions, bonuses, etc. Culture is top notch. Everyone expects you to perform at the highest level and own your duties. No passing the buck; take initiative and solve problems. High growth atmosphere with market leader mentality....and results.

Cons

Wish the employee onboarding process was a bit more robust. Would be good to see a company overview to know what each department does and who leads those groups.

Implementation Trainer / Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brightree is a wonderful company to work for - I've been very happy here for 2.5 years. It is young enough to remember its roots, still have a small company feel, but a company whose owner is invested in a long term future for the company's success. Strategic alliances, and talented leadership keep Brightree steaming forward, but with growth you don't feel lost in the shuffle, you're part of the momentum. Working from home, and a competitive salary upholds the appeal of working here as well. I've been seeing quite a bit of promotion from within also.

Cons

Being remote, this job is not for everyone, you have to be organized and self-motivated to stick to a schedule. Depending on your client load -this may not be a 9-5 job. Your "office" is always there. You have to be willing to "step up" and volunteer for things, show the extra effort to make a name for yourself because you aren't visible each day but the recognition is there if you ensure you have something to be recognized for with your efforts. There is no formal review process or structured annual raises.

More structured review processes would help remote employees better gauge the company's view of their value, success, and career path. Sometimes managers and team leads are spread so thin the "check ins" that keep you motivated aren't frequent enough. Please continue to promote from within for those of us that like to stay with companies for decades at a time, we'd like a long, prosperous relationship.

Poor Training

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Brightree full-time for less than a year

Pros

People were very nice. Benefits are also good. Many positions are remote

Cons

Training was to be completed at on home and mostly self taught. Interview process was a nightmare

Listen to what they interviewer is saying

Brightree Response

Dec 16, 2013Director, Recruiting & Onboarding

This former employee indicates several positives about Brightree as indicated in the "Pros" comments. Indicating "...the interview process was a nightmare..." is not too clear. Brightree rates an ... More

The BEST Environment, People & Management! Declined a position to join Brightree & it’s the best decision I’ve ever made

Current Employee - Legal  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Legal in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

Everyone is very nice and helpful with anything that you need as a new person. The work load keeps you busy and going all day, which is perfect for a person that wants to learn and grow in their career.

Cons

It would be nice to get more Holidays off.

The management of Brightree are doing a great job running the company in a professional, and yet customer based atmosphere. I can honestly say it’s one of the best environments I’ve ever worked in, and I can appreciate management for that

Happy with my decision to join the Brightree family!

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Interview process was a pleasure - open dialogue with multiple members of management, peers and developers
    -Fast-paced and challenging environment
    -Honest and straightforward management team
    -Company is focused on putting client needs first

Cons

-Lack of organizational chart or employee listing wi/ job titles makes it difficult for new employees to learn the team

None yet

Great place to grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone at Brightree is accountable including leadership. The leaders work harder than any other leadership team I've been a part of. They are supportive of employees and my boss has been one of the best coaches in helping me and my team develop in our careers. There are many myths at Brightree and I can assure you I have never seen anyone roaming the floor after 5:00 to see who is working or who isn't. Your work and efforts will show your value to the organization. Leadership holds everyone accountable and we all have so much work to do, the day flies by. So, you will not be bored working here. Dave Cormack (CEO) and Chris Watson (CMO) do a great job of keeping everyone in the business updated on the health of the company and the strategy/vision of where we are going. There have been no surprises since I was hired. With the rapid growth, there is a great deal of room to grow if you are looking for career growth as we are expanding rapidly. Thank you Brightree for providing a great family to work with each day and for supporting me in my career development while building a strong growing business. I didn't even mention that our customers are also like family, so if you like working with customers, they will become some of your best friends as well.

Cons

I'm not sure this would be a con, but we are a leader in our industry and we move very quickly to keep up and ahead of the market. I enjoy this pace but you will be held accountable for your work and growth is your's to grab if you are looking for this type environment. I can assure you this company will not be left behind in the market place. So, it might be a fast pace but have peace of mind with the stabililty of this company and the strong leadership.

Management, there have been no surprises and I enjoy how you keep us all updated on the strategy/vision and health of our company. I have never heard anyone in leadership tell us something that didn't get accomplished. Remain honest and keep up the great work hiring some of the best employees and team members we could ask for! Thank you.

Worked for Brightree? Contribute to the Community!