Brightree
www.brightree.com Atlanta, GA 150 to 499 Employees

Brightree Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Dave Cormack

Incredibly talented team full of hard working individuals serving our customers in the post-acute care market.

Lawrenceville, GA

ProsPerformance is valued and rewarded through promotions, bonuses, etc. Culture is top notch. Everyone expects you to perform at the highest level and own your duties. No passing the buck; take initiative and solve problems. High growth atmosphere with market leader mentality....and results.

ConsWish the employee onboarding process was a bit more robust. Would be good to see a company overview to know what each department does and who leads those groups.

Implementation Trainer / Consultant

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

ProsBrightree is a wonderful company to work for - I've been very happy here for 2.5 years. It is young enough to remember its roots, still have a small company feel, but a company whose owner is invested in a long term future for the company's success. Strategic alliances, and talented leadership keep Brightree steaming forward, but with growth you don't feel lost in the shuffle, you're part of the momentum. Working from home, and a competitive salary upholds the appeal of working here as well. I've been seeing quite a bit of promotion from within also.

ConsBeing remote, this job is not for everyone, you have to be organized and self-motivated to stick to a schedule. Depending on your client load -this may not be a 9-5 job. Your "office" is always there. You have to be willing to "step up" and volunteer for things, show the extra effort to make a name for yourself because you aren't visible each day but the recognition is there if you ensure you have something to be recognized for with your efforts. There is no formal review process or structured annual raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structured review processes would help remote employees better gauge the company's view of their value, success, and career path. Sometimes managers and team leads are spread so thin the "check ins" that keep you motivated aren't frequent enough. Please continue to promote from within for those of us that like to stay with companies for decades at a time, we'd like a long, prosperous relationship.

The BEST Environment, People & Management! Declined a position to join Brightree & it’s the best decision I’ve ever made

Legal (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsEveryone is very nice and helpful with anything that you need as a new person. The work load keeps you busy and going all day, which is perfect for a person that wants to learn and grow in their career.

ConsIt would be nice to get more Holidays off.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management of Brightree are doing a great job running the company in a professional, and yet customer based atmosphere. I can honestly say it’s one of the best environments I’ve ever worked in, and I can appreciate management for that

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Training

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were very nice. Benefits are also good. Many positions are remote

ConsTraining was to be completed at on home and mostly self taught. Interview process was a nightmare

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what they interviewer is saying

Flag Review
    Brightree Director, Recruiting & Onboarding responded to this review Dec 16, 2013 EditDelete
    This former employee indicates several positives about Brightree as indicated in the "Pros" comments. Indicating "...the interview process was a nightmare..." is not too clear. Brightree rates an ... More

Happy with my decision to join the Brightree family!

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

Pros-Interview process was a pleasure - open dialogue with multiple members of management, peers and developers
    -Fast-paced and challenging environment
    -Honest and straightforward management team
    -Company is focused on putting client needs first

Cons-Lack of organizational chart or employee listing wi/ job titles makes it difficult for new employees to learn the team

Advice to Senior ManagementNone yet

Great place to grow!

Atlanta, GA

ProsEveryone at Brightree is accountable including leadership. The leaders work harder than any other leadership team I've been a part of. They are supportive of employees and my boss has been one of the best coaches in helping me and my team develop in our careers. There are many myths at Brightree and I can assure you I have never seen anyone roaming the floor after 5:00 to see who is working or who isn't. Your work and efforts will show your value to the organization. Leadership holds everyone accountable and we all have so much work to do, the day flies by. So, you will not be bored working here. Dave Cormack (CEO) and Chris Watson (CMO) do a great job of keeping everyone in the business updated on the health of the company and the strategy/vision of where we are going. There have been no surprises since I was hired. With the rapid growth, there is a great deal of room to grow if you are looking for career growth as we are expanding rapidly. Thank you Brightree for providing a great family to work with each day and for supporting me in my career development while building a strong growing business. I didn't even mention that our customers are also like family, so if you like working with customers, they will become some of your best friends as well.

ConsI'm not sure this would be a con, but we are a leader in our industry and we move very quickly to keep up and ahead of the market. I enjoy this pace but you will be held accountable for your work and growth is your's to grab if you are looking for this type environment. I can assure you this company will not be left behind in the market place. So, it might be a fast pace but have peace of mind with the stabililty of this company and the strong leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement, there have been no surprises and I enjoy how you keep us all updated on the strategy/vision and health of our company. I have never heard anyone in leadership tell us something that didn't get accomplished. Remain honest and keep up the great work hiring some of the best employees and team members we could ask for! Thank you.

Competitve and Agressive Enviornment with Upward Mobility - if you work for it

ProsBrightree is an industry leader, if not trend setter in SaaS Post-Acute Care business management. My position butts up to many different parts of the organization and I can say that aggressive, work-oriented professionals succeed here.

ConsEmployee Benefits and retention seem to be a focus for executive management as items slated for imporovement. The company could also use help with internal training and recongition.

I Love my JOB!!!

Product Specialist (Current Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

ProsI work with a very upbeat group of people, very driven in making the customer happy. I have had the opportunity of being here for 8 years and watched Brightree go from a small company to the size it is today.... Very enjoyable place to work, and the best is that when not traveling I get to work from home!

ConsNo cons that I can think of....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Even with it's issues, it is still a decent place to work

ProsWith a pseudo-agile development process, it is easier to keep yourself busy and have work to do. The development teams were realigned recently, and now are smaller and more efficient. This makes it easier to focus and understand what you are working on.

ConsIt still has some egos that need to be put in check but overall that isn't too much of a problem. They do not do annual reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep egos in check. Do annual reviews. Provide the day after Thanksgiving off. Provide Christmas Eve off.

Customer and Employee oriented company with opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Product Specialist (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsBrightree is a fast paced customer service driven company. The team of employees, including management are truly a team. Someone is always willing to help you with questions or just be a sounding board for ideas. If you are a motivated team player that takes pride in your work and believes that customer service is the key to success, then Brightree would be a great career path for you.

ConsI do not really consider this a con but Brightree is a fast paced company with high expectations of it's employees. Your hard work will pay off but you must be responsible, self motivated and accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep the opportunities coming and continue to build the software and grow the business based on customer needs.

Worked for Brightree? Contribute to the Community!

Brightree – Why Work for Us?

Are you a rock star, but the companies you've been with haven't been able to make it in the current economy? Don't feel bad - we hear it all the time. Fortunately, Brightree has grown steadily through the good times and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brightree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brightree CEO Dave Cormack. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Brightree employees.