Brightside Academy Reviews

1.7
Mark Kehoe

1. Lot of work, low pay

I worked at Brightside Academy

Pros

Free childcare for full time employees

Cons

heavy workload, high turnover, low wages

2. Just a job.... That's it

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Brightside Academy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work schedule was perfect weekends off hoildays off paid vacations was the part. Working with the children will make u smile.

Cons

Pay was horrible they pay so little all they care about money from the government. The lunch they served the childreb looks like dog food. I would not send my child there.

Corporation does not care about their employees at all. They put together copied and paste words and they claim it is a lesson plan.

3. The company has all the right tools to be a great early childhood education, however their educators need more training.

Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

Good resources. Technological advances, buildings

Cons

People who are hired need more training, no room for real lesson plans, ratios with children, furniture is too low for children. They climb on them, the toddlers.

Change the safety hazard furniture. Provide proper coverage for lunch time of the employees.

5. In my experience I had a wonderful experience and it learn somethings new as you go.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Brightside Academy full-time

Pros

The best reason to work there is for the experience of working with children. If you have a love for children and are passionate about working with children.

Cons

The challenges are getting use to the children and their behavor.

With working with the children you have to be very patient with them and lovely.

6. Their bottom line is' each child is a dollar sign'. They look nice and thats what gets people.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

A paycheck you get paid. Nothing for the amount of stress you go through. I mean you gotta eat right?

Cons

Administration. Lack of communication. Poor curriculum. No materials. Late lunches. Cliques.

Get it together. They have devised a plan to take all the inner city poverty stricken communities money and uses the same people to undermine and exploit each other . Our underprivileged children are not allowed bbc.co technology in the classroom! How is that progressive? You definitely have the money. What . About security for the children and teachers- you would want that for yours. HOW ABOUT TREATING YOUR TEACHERSCANDV STAFF WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT!@!

7. Horrible, horrible, horrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Group Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Group Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Brightside Academy (more than a year)

Pros

None, do not work for this company or bring your children to any of their academies. They do not follow the minimum state regulations.

Cons

Uppermanagement consistently hides issues from parents and teachers. They do not follow up on concerns and the children are not supervised appropriately. Teachers leave the rooms unattended all of the time. The staff hang out like it is a social event not a work atmosphere. Management does not take action because they are all friends.

I am only working here until I get another job as most of the employees are.

8. '''I've been employed at Brightside for only six months as custodian, only walking distance from my home''''

I worked at Brightside Academy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company opened the doors of at least five or more brand new daycare centers between Brooklyn and the Bronx, that's helping the community with the support of an early education and childcare striving for a better future for us all'''

Cons

Theirs an on line mandatory four hour exam everyone must past before being employed, every custodian must be certified with an OSHA certification certificate, the pay, not great, but enjoyed what I did'''

9. Horrible

I worked at Brightside Academy

Pros

Decent distance fro where I live.

Cons

Bad pay, no supervisory support

Improving pay.

10. I wouldn't send my kid there

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

im glad I don't work there anymore

Cons

incompetent lazy management, backstabbing corporate who makes rules up as they go, no leadership, kids are treated like crap, kids are abused ,favoritism, no respect for employees, a unprofessional atmosphere, no creativity allowed, rules aren't followed a phony backstabbing atmosphere

treat employees with respect, cant get things or materials you need, foodservice department is a joke serving unhealthy nasty food with no guidelines....

11. I have been employed in management for 2 years

Current Employee - U[[Er Management
    Current Employee - U[[Er Management

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is really changing. There are new management structures being put in place to offer better support to everyone, at every level. There is a vision the company is striving for and there is support to help get there.

Cons

The pay, while higher than many other early education facility's, it is still fairly low from a teacher perspective. Management pay seems to be comparable to other places.

Brightside Academy Photos