Brightstar Care Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

2.8

Shelly Sun

Pros
  • Flexibility in making your own hours, paid weekly, independence, someone not looking over your shoulder (in 3 reviews)

• The clients are wonderful poeple and you can build some wonderful friendships (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no benefits available (in 7 reviews)

• They expect you to work long hours and cancel your vacations (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Brightstar Franchise

Current Employee - Owner
    Current Employee - Owner

I have been working at Brightstar Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are looking to buy a franchise in the health care field, this is a great franchise to own. Corporate HQ staff are great to work with and want you to be successful in every way. They continue to improve their systems and fine tune their business processes. Brightstar has field support staff to help you along the way so that you are aware of the KPIs and other targets to help you in your strategy to achieve profitability.

Cons

I don't think that inner forces are against anything that you do. There is plenty of opportunity for personal growth and compensation if you follow what they tell you to do. Unfortunately, outside influences such as minimum wage, Obamacare, over regulation in the health care industry, and other anti small business measures are putting pressure on franchise owners.

Continue to support your franchise owners with open communication and dialogue to help them bring success to their companies more quickly. Creating committees and allowing the owners to bring about changes in systems and processes will bring about unity and overall satisfaction in having their voices heard above the interest of an individual or group of executives.

confusing

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brightstar Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexibility, nice office staff,

Cons

not enough clients, unorganized, will not return phone calls

They make you feel as part of a family.

Current Employee - CNA  in  Southport, NC
    Current Employee - CNA in Southport, NC

I have been working at Brightstar Care as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You pick when you want to work, or they let you know what is available. Flexibility to work around family life and your own personal desires.

Cons

No guarantee's of employment, could work 0-40 hours a week

Great, open door policy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bright Start . . . more like DullStar

I have been working at Brightstar Care

Pros

I have not seen any Pro's

Cons

This agency has hounded me for an interview with at least 4 phone calls.I finally called them back to set-up an interview.

The representative's attitude was very rude and aloof. I finally made the appointment on a Monday but had to cancel. I left a message for them on Sunday that I would not be able to make the appointment but would like an opportunity to call back and reschedule. Well I called back to reschedule and again a "rude" representative.

I was told once you cancel they don't reschedule you. What???? Has BrightStar forgotten what type of business they're in . .

. compassionate, caring. Should not only be for the clients but the employees and possible candidates as well. Maybe you should leave your egos at the door and focus on what's important.

You just passed on a highly skilled and truly compassionate candidate.I will make sure all my friends and family know that BrightStar is not as "bright" as they think they are.

the communication between schedulers is lacking. Also no ongoing inservicing.

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at Brightstar Care as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A few organized people make up for the others who are new grads, not interested or motivated to provide quality care.

Cons

poor communication from DON and scheduler. Favoritism is often the way jobs are assigned.

provide ongoing inservices. communicate to employees. choose the right nurse or CNA with the proper skill set to provide care for clients.

Bright Star Care is staffed by loving, caring individuals who strive to provide the best care to the elderly.

Current Employee - Home Health Nurse  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Home Health Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brightstar Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is the dedication of the staff.

Cons

Challenges to working here are lack of bilingual aides.

Advice would be to recruit more bilingual staff.

Good Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Brightstar Care full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, good people, try hard, large office with good people

Cons

fast pace, on-call can be challenging, caregiver turn over, sometimes office does not return calls as expected.

Great culture and the owners really care, but need to make sure to balance growth with good operational practices.

Rude & inconsiderate.

I have been working at Brightstar Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours, good nurse, no issues with patients. Some office staff are nice, easy to work with, & will work with you.

Cons

Office staff is very rude, it's as if you are not to call them. They don't want to handle any issues you may have, so it feels as I'd you have no support behind you.

As with any other job/career/company ALL your staff you meet certain standards. & being POLITE & PROFESSIONAL should be mandatory on that list.

Left in limbo

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Brightstar Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a great satisfaction that comes from helping people in necessary humble ways. That is always the greatest draw to this kind of work.

Cons

I was hired and given the orientation, signed a pay slip for the three hours, went home and 3 days later was given some non-working log-in information. Over a week later this hasn't been fixed. The alternative password I finally got also didn't work. The day I went in for the job interview I was told I had no interview appointment, but the CEO heard the conversation. So I was hired but a week later do not know even if I am their employee.

Treat your employees the way you want us to treat the clients, that is with due consideration and respect.

Independently owned, so your experience with the company depends on the local owner.

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Brightstar Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have a chance to talk with clients, get to know them, and it's very satisfying to help provide them with a caregiver they really enjoy and appreciate.

Cons

If you don't like coaxing people to work, this isn't for you. Filling the schedule with CNAs that match the client's needs can be challenging. No advancement options.

Worked for Brightstar Care? Contribute to the Community!