Brightstar Care

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shelly Sun

Pros
  • Flexibility in making your own hours, paid weekly, independence, someone not looking over your shoulder(in 3 reviews)

• The clients are wonderful poeple and you can build some wonderful friendships(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no benefits available(in 7 reviews)

• They expect you to work long hours and cancel your vacations(in 3 reviews)

They make you feel as part of a family.

CNA (Current Employee) Southport, NC

ProsYou pick when you want to work, or they let you know what is available. Flexibility to work around family life and your own personal desires.

ConsNo guarantee's of employment, could work 0-40 hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat, open door policy

the communication between schedulers is lacking. Also no ongoing inservicing.

Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care (Current Employee) Crystal Lake, IL

ProsA few organized people make up for the others who are new grads, not interested or motivated to provide quality care.

Conspoor communication from DON and scheduler. Favoritism is often the way jobs are assigned.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide ongoing inservices. communicate to employees. choose the right nurse or CNA with the proper skill set to provide care for clients.

Bright Star Care is staffed by loving, caring individuals who strive to provide the best care to the elderly.

Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe best reason to work here is the dedication of the staff.

ConsChallenges to working here are lack of bilingual aides.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice would be to recruit more bilingual staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsFast growing company, good people, try hard, large office with good people

Consfast pace, on-call can be challenging, caregiver turn over, sometimes office does not return calls as expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat culture and the owners really care, but need to make sure to balance growth with good operational practices.

Rude & inconsiderate.

ProsGood hours, good nurse, no issues with patients. Some office staff are nice, easy to work with, & will work with you.

ConsOffice staff is very rude, it's as if you are not to call them. They don't want to handle any issues you may have, so it feels as I'd you have no support behind you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs with any other job/career/company ALL your staff you meet certain standards. & being POLITE & PROFESSIONAL should be mandatory on that list.

Left in limbo

CNA (Current Employee)

ProsThere's a great satisfaction that comes from helping people in necessary humble ways. That is always the greatest draw to this kind of work.

ConsI was hired and given the orientation, signed a pay slip for the three hours, went home and 3 days later was given some non-working log-in information. Over a week later this hasn't been fixed. The alternative password I finally got also didn't work. The day I went in for the job interview I was told I had no interview appointment, but the CEO heard the conversation. So I was hired but a week later do not know even if I am their employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way you want us to treat the clients, that is with due consideration and respect.

Horrible Company

ProsGaining experience in medical staffing

ConsThe management is money hungry and does not care about if the patients are receiving the right care. They will take any new case knowing that they do not have enough caregivers to staff for the case. The expect their staffing coordinators to make the impossible happen. Even if they do not have enough caregivers they will expect you stay until you are able to staff for the patient. Sometimes they have to tell the client they were not able to staff it and it will somehow become your fault. Sends in multiple caregivers to one patient because they take on too many cases and are too greedy to say no. The management at my company was run like a High School clique, and very unprofessional. The management will take one person and bully and pick on them until they leave the job or they eventually get rid of you. They have a very high turnover rate. They displayed racist attitudes to when speaking of the caregivers in the office. A staffing coordinator was written up because she did not place the right caregiver for the client because they needed someone educated, and well spoken. She recommended a Hispanic girl for the client who she felt was very qualified in which she was told that the girl did not fit the description of well spoken and intelligent. Eventually she was told that the caregiver had to be white. Caregivers, office staff, and anyone who is thinking of working for this company, STAY AWAY. They are very unprofessional and well make your life hell.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look into some of your franchises because they are not run professionally. With the track record of the franchise I work at you could end up with a lawsuit.

Independently owned, so your experience with the company depends on the local owner.

Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsYou have a chance to talk with clients, get to know them, and it's very satisfying to help provide them with a caregiver they really enjoy and appreciate.

ConsIf you don't like coaxing people to work, this isn't for you. Filling the schedule with CNAs that match the client's needs can be challenging. No advancement options.

Compassionate caring company

CNA (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThey always take the time to thank me when I meet with them, Sini R. is a very compassionate and kind owner. The nursing staff is is very responsive and knows their role. Above all, I am grateful for the chance that they gave me to work when I first got my CNA license. For over 3 years, I have met wonderful clients, and I am still with them.

ConsMy only regret is that I cannot work more hours for them

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up your relationships with your employees as you have been doing,

Work like a horse, chew you up, then spit you out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe owner has very ambitious goals.

ConsThey work you like a horse, tempt you with bonuses and other undocumented rewards, then disavow any knowledge of said rewards. They had a couple of "long term incentive" programs which were all non-existent or the rules made it damn near impossible to pay out. They claimed benefits were top tier, but do your research and you'll find out that you're paying nearly double of other organizations. Raises are given to only those that are in the "inner circle". They expect you to work long hours and cancel your vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the people who got you to where you are, remember that and reward them as often as you reward yourself...

Worked for Brightstar Care? Contribute to the Community!