Brightstar

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brightstar CEO R. Marcelo Claure

R. Marcelo Claure

Pros:
  • "The company is growing, and has a good future"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Not alot of structure ---Fast Fast paced"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Poorly structured, extremely long hours, real high stress"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Work Life Balance can be challenging at times"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent place to work

Vice President & GM (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBiggest distributor in the wireless telecom industry and faster grow industry

ConsCompany growing to fast and the process and policy are behind

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more close to the people

Do Not Work Here!

Accounting (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for more than a year

ProsClean and Safe Building, Good Salary.

ConsCompany lacks clearly communicated and imbedded Vision and Values. Lack of processes, lack of communication by Leaders, CEO has zero respect for his leadership team and doesn't seem to value HR. HR is unstable and turnover is so high that they fail to make an impact or difference within the organization - they can barely save themselves. Employees are fired with absolutely no warning,unless that employee is a high- level executive. Financial Management is terrible. No employee handbook, no clear policies, no hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and Respect your employees, Value and Respect HR, Phase out the CEO, his job of building the business is complete - he should move on to allow the company to grow into a good place to work.

Terrible company, third world country mentality!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brightstar

ProsNice building, that is it. There are none!

ConsThe CEO is a crazy temperamental individual that does not treat employees with respect. Stay away from this company!!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Words cannot describe how bad this company is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brightstar full-time

ProsNo pros to report, nothing positive worth mentioning

ConsNo structure, no direction, no rules, no respect, brainless people.... I could go on forever.

Horrifying Working Environment!

Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for more than a year

ProsNone I can think of.

ConsIf you respect yourself, run without thinking twice. Where do I start?
- An overblown, incompetent HR department, with no clear polices on how people need to behave in a working place.
- Rudeness, lack of respect, open dirty intrigues and near harassment situations get ignored by the management when they are brought to their attention. In fact, I cannot believe that this is even possible in the 21st century in a civilized county.
- Indifference, non-caring, incompetent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage and care for people.

Analyst

I have been working at Brightstar full-time

Proslots of opportunities to learn and acquired experience along the way, able to perform different tasks with different departments.

ConsLack of grow opportunities, resources, and bit disorganized

So far so good!!! Loving the challenge.

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for less than a year

ProsHard working, bright people. Very entrepreneurial atmosphere. If you love a challenge and want to be able to help grow and change the company this is a great place to work.

ConsIf you are not adaptive or flexible or able to work in a fast changing atmosphere this is not the company for you to work in.

Run away from this company...Fast! HR troll tries to offset the bad reviews (some may argue real reviews) with good ones

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. Pay
2. Flex hours maybe
3. Nothing else comes to mind and trying to fill this space for 20 word min

Cons1. You have to sell your soul to the devil for the pay
2. Health benefits are sub par
3. 401K contribution is the lowest seen in my career
4. Work experience will add nothing to your resume in fact lack of training or ability to do good work hurts you in the long run
5. Top heavy org with little decision making bottom up
6. B/C players with little/no experience outside Brightstar have been with company for 3-5 yrs are made Manager/Directors/VPs
7. Customers are often looked upon as fools for paying the company a lot of money for poor 3PL service
8. Real promotions are hard to come by but titles are gifted to everyone in the org to keep personnel happy.
9. Acquisition by Softbank has left ppl worried for their jobs - no direction from mgt on what the future holds for many. Resizing of org coming soon.
10. Customers are just waiting to exit in Q2/Q3 2014 once acquisition is complete
11. No training/ on boarding procedures that leaves most ppl fending for themselves
12. Leadership - what leadership?
13. Education reimbursement - benefit offered is a joke!
14. Many people leave within 2-3 yrs due to burn out

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees...who am I kidding? Nothing can help this place survive.

Run. Do NOT even think about it

Medley, FL

I have been working at Brightstar for less than a year

ProsCompetitive salaries, casual dress code, nice building with free parking (but horrible working space- very close nit, everyone have small cubicles)

ConsWorst company culture of all time! Everyone works over 55-60 hours/week minimum, stressful/toxic work environment, poor organizational spacing/planning, ill-trained unsupportive management, absolutely no presence from HR and no employee relations initiatives, no growth opportunity or employee development/training plans, company is eager to terminate without notice, no employee acknowledgment, poor rapport with colleagues and staffing, ever-changing policies and structure. Everybody is miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease develop employee relations initiatives, simple acknowledgment, training programs, expand the office and work space areas and create a fun environment. Any effort is better than the consistently toxic environment currently in place.

You would be astounded by the number of employees that quit without another job lined up!

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Libertyville, IL

I worked at Brightstar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay (although you might have to quit to get a raise), lots of great people to work with, due to high turnover there is an abundance of advancement opportunities

ConsIneffective HR department, very long hours and weekends, no clear direction beyond next fiscal quarter, there seems to be a core group of long term employees that have "figured out the system" and seemingly can do no wrong - watch out for these people!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring friends and former co-workers and seek out managers with proven track records!

Worked for Brightstar? Contribute to the Community!

Brightstar – Why Work for Us?

What is the brightest star? Are you thinking the North Star, or the planet Venus? Yes, they’re bright. But the brightest star in our solar system is the SUN – and it is 7 billion times brighter than the next brightest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brightstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brightstar CEO R. Marcelo Claure. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by Brightstar employees.