Brightway Insurance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
David Miller

Fast-growing company with employee interest at heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brightway not only takes its customers needs into consideration, but focuses on the needs of the insurance agents and Home Office employees. Now that I work at Brightway, I can't imagine working at another organization where the atmosphere isn't as supporting and encouraging as it is at Brightway. With an innovative business model, there is room for creativity and growth in each department.

Cons

With growth comes a lot of figuring it out. If you're a problem solver, can think on your toes and get excited at the idea of paving the way for future successes, Brightway can offer you what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being transparent and great communicators

2. Great company to grow with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Brightway for a little over six months, and I have been extremely impressed with the company culture. The leadership team seems to really care about employee morale, which makes a huge difference.

Cons

Because the company is growing so quickly, issues can come up quickly. It's not always possible to rely on past solutions for problems. Employees really need to be on their toes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

I love Brightway

Current Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Brightway's home office for over 2 years. At the coporate office we talk a lot about Brightway family. The CEO's are brothers, we have married couples, aunts, uncles, mothers & fathers, and their sons & daughters working there too. Even if you aren't related to anyone you work with you still have Brightway family. When someone at Brightway is hurting, everyone comes together to do whatever we can to help. I've never appreciated my co-workers like I do at Brightway. I have been supported and encouraged by my team mates, team leads, managers, and owners to make my own Brightway Success Story. I am provided with all the information I need to do my job. Coming from a corporate background I see how this young corporation is laying down the foundation they need to be an even bigger success. Since I have been in the Service Center the number or CSR has more than doubled. I've seen people hired at Brightway without prior insurance experience deservingly receive promotions and recognition for their accomplishments. I feel appreciated for what I contribute to the company. If you are motivated and dedicated, if you thrive under pressure, and love effecting change, then Brightway is the right way for you.

Cons

The worst thing about Brightway is what I would assume is the worst thing about working in any call center. The dreaded bad call. It happens, no matter how good a company's product and service are, there will always be that one customer who is angry about something (even if it's their own fault) and will blame you and give you a hard time. That's the worst. Brightway is in the baby stages of being a corporation, they are transitioning from a small office with 3 employees to a huge corporate service center with well over 200 employees in 10 years.. Simply said, there is a lot of change going on there. Brightway has high standards and expectations. If this was my business though, I'm sure I would too. Some people find this to be on the "Cons" list, but why settle for less?

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the strengths your have on the service floor currently. Keep building us up and supporting us as we grow with the company.

5. Innovative business model, strong core values, great leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brightway is a great place to work, especially if you enjoy building something from the ground up. Since the company is so young, you have a rare opportunity to influence processes and quickly implement changes. The Leadership Team has a great vision and are always open to new ideas. Espresso delivered to your desk daily, an on-staff massage therapist and weekly employee appreciation events are added perks of the job.

Cons

This could be considered both a pro and a con depending on your personality but if you don't enjoy change or thrive in a fast-paced environment, Brightway may not be the place for you.

6. Great Company

I worked at Brightway Insurance

Pros

Awesome company to work for

Cons

No cons it is a great company

7. Trust no one!

I worked at Brightway Insurance

Pros

Licensed insurance rep after training.

Cons

No interest in maintaining long term employees. All is not revealed at the beginning. Management could care less about employee satisfaction.

8. Some agencies are better than others

I have been working at Brightway Insurance

Pros

Have flexibility and can be your own boss to an extent.

Cons

Because they are franchises their our no medical or dental benefits.

9. Pick your agency wisely

Former Employee - 220 General Lines Agent in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - 220 General Lines Agent in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brightway Insurance has a good business model. Plenty of carriers and opportunity for success.

Cons

Each agency it's independently owned. The agent owner I hired on with did not consistently or routinely pay commissions.

Advice to Management

Be professional. Set your business up for success with a commitment to your sales team.

10. Do your research of the company.

Former Employee - Receptionist in Palm Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Palm Springs, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brightway the actual corporation is amazing very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

The con is the actual location and who you are working with more training and less problems and less office turnovers and more communication is what is missing.

Advice to Management

Train the new agents and staff so they can be great at their job.

Unethical company. Franchisees beware.

I worked at Brightway Insurance

Pros

There are some good people in the corporate office that attempt to do the right things.

Cons

Company leadership lacks integrity and ethics. Franchisee "partners" are nickeled and dimed to death on ridiculous fees without proper reporting. Many lies are relayed (but not in writing) to attempt to convince potential franchisees to buy into the franchise. Communication is typically one -way and company leadership does not value open dialogue or tolerate questioning corporate decisions.

Advice to Management

Be ethical. Tell the truth. Stop lying to prospects. Invest in the success of your franchisee partners.

RSS Feed </> Embed