Brightway Insurance Reviews

David Miller

1. Chaotic and disorganized

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Lines Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Lines Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck and coworkers are like family. Great location in relation to where I live.

Cons

Crappy benefits, youre not appreciated or respected as a human being. Very disorganized and stressful. If you need help, no 2 people have the same answer. Upper management exists in a fantasy world where they are totally blind to what is going on in the various department. When I left it was after 28 other people had already made their escape. Management eagerly listens to your concerns and grievances, says they will communicate this to the higher ups but they never do because they are in fear of losing their jobs. People that had been there for YEARS just up and walked off the job. On top of that, you are constantly cleaning up mistakes from agents in the field and Brightway just let's them get away with it.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employess. Brightway has the potential to be a great company if upper management would stop being totally oblivious to the actual goings on inside the call center.

2. Brightway is a great Place to work

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management staff is amazing. They truly care about the employees and their wellbeing. I have worked for several companies including Fortune 500 companies, and I can honestly say that the Brightway Culture is one of the most loving work environments I have ever been in. The amount of care and passion that is placed into their associates is like no other.

Cons

It is a fast growing company so the work never stops. From the time you get settled with your coffee, until the time you clock out for the end of the work day you have to dedicate your all into accomplishing the goal for the day’s workload.

Advice to Management

Stay positive, Keep your teams motivated, stay caring, remain empathetic to your subordinates and their views, and remain open to all ideas to improve the company.

3. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Brightway is a great place to work. The environment is very people focused, engaging and energetic, and there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

There are no cons to working for Brightway

Advice to Management

Continue to have open communication. This is very much appreciated.

Fast-growing company with employee interest at heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brightway not only takes its customers needs into consideration, but focuses on the needs of the insurance agents and Home Office employees. Now that I work at Brightway, I can't imagine working at another organization where the atmosphere isn't as supporting and encouraging as it is at Brightway. With an innovative business model, there is room for creativity and growth in each department.

Cons

With growth comes a lot of figuring it out. If you're a problem solver, can think on your toes and get excited at the idea of paving the way for future successes, Brightway can offer you what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being transparent and great communicators

I love Brightway

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Brightway's home office for over 2 years. At the coporate office we talk a lot about Brightway family. The CEO's are brothers, we have married couples, aunts, uncles, mothers & fathers, and their sons & daughters working there too. Even if you aren't related to anyone you work with you still have Brightway family. When someone at Brightway is hurting, everyone comes together to do whatever we can to help. I've never appreciated my co-workers like I do at Brightway. I have been supported and encouraged by my team mates, team leads, managers, and owners to make my own Brightway Success Story. I am provided with all the information I need to do my job. Coming from a corporate background I see how this young corporation is laying down the foundation they need to be an even bigger success. Since I have been in the Service Center the number or CSR has more than doubled. I've seen people hired at Brightway without prior insurance experience deservingly receive promotions and recognition for their accomplishments. I feel appreciated for what I contribute to the company. If you are motivated and dedicated, if you thrive under pressure, and love effecting change, then Brightway is the right way for you.

Cons

The worst thing about Brightway is what I would assume is the worst thing about working in any call center. The dreaded bad call. It happens, no matter how good a company's product and service are, there will always be that one customer who is angry about something (even if it's their own fault) and will blame you and give you a hard time. That's the worst. Brightway is in the baby stages of being a corporation, they are transitioning from a small office with 3 employees to a huge corporate service center with well over 200 employees in 10 years.. Simply said, there is a lot of change going on there. Brightway has high standards and expectations. If this was my business though, I'm sure I would too. Some people find this to be on the "Cons" list, but why settle for less?

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the strengths your have on the service floor currently. Keep building us up and supporting us as we grow with the company.

7. Great company to grow with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Brightway for a little over six months, and I have been extremely impressed with the company culture. The leadership team seems to really care about employee morale, which makes a huge difference.

Cons

Because the company is growing so quickly, issues can come up quickly. It's not always possible to rely on past solutions for problems. Employees really need to be on their toes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. Innovative business model, strong core values, great leadership

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brightway is a great place to work, especially if you enjoy building something from the ground up. Since the company is so young, you have a rare opportunity to influence processes and quickly implement changes. The Leadership Team has a great vision and are always open to new ideas. Espresso delivered to your desk daily, an on-staff massage therapist and weekly employee appreciation events are added perks of the job.

Cons

This could be considered both a pro and a con depending on your personality but if you don't enjoy change or thrive in a fast-paced environment, Brightway may not be the place for you.

9. Great Company

Pros

Awesome company to work for

Cons

No cons it is a great company

10. Trust no one!

Pros

Licensed insurance rep after training.

Cons

No interest in maintaining long term employees. All is not revealed at the beginning. Management could care less about employee satisfaction.

11. Some agencies are better than others

Pros

Have flexibility and can be your own boss to an extent.

Cons

Because they are franchises their our no medical or dental benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed