Brightway Insurance

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
2.3

David Miller

Great company to work for if you enjoy networking and taking care of business!

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This job is not for lazy people. You have to ask for the sale and ask for referrals.

Cons

No company-paid health insurance if you work in a satellite office.

Unethical company. Franchisees beware.

I worked at Brightway Insurance

Pros

There are some good people in the corporate office that attempt to do the right things.

Cons

Company leadership lacks integrity and ethics. Franchisee "partners" are nickeled and dimed to death on ridiculous fees without proper reporting. Many lies are relayed (but not in writing) to attempt to convince potential franchisees to buy into the franchise. Communication is typically one -way and company leadership does not value open dialogue or tolerate questioning corporate decisions.

Be ethical. Tell the truth. Stop lying to prospects. Invest in the success of your franchisee partners.

Management Rule With Fear & Intimidation

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Clerical in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Customer Service Rep it is a great starter job if you wish to learn about insurance. There are some very nice people who work there. Chances are you'll make some lifelong friends.

Cons

New management promises a family atmosphere when actually it is far from it. They use fear and intimidation to control the employees who were there before them and if they don't submit they are fired.

Your actions will catch up with you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brightway Leadership is unethical and dishonest

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Local. There are many good people that work at Brightway. If you are self-motivating, you can learn much about the Property and Casualty industry.

Cons

Compensation is low compared to the market. Leadership of the company is non-communicative, unethical and dishonest. Employees and franchisees are managed by intimidation. Relationships with Carrier partners is degrading rapidly because of senior leadership. New president does not conduct business honestly and with integrity. Attempts to manage employees and franchisees by fear, intimidation and threats.

Low pay, no benefits

I have been working at Brightway Insurance

Pros

I get paid twice a month. I like my job and the folks.

Cons

Low pay when working at a Brightway Territory Owner's office. For an office that preached the importance of insurance all day to clients, the company offered no health, life, or disability plans to employees. With the new Obama Care plan in force, employees cannot afford to work there with no employee health benefits. It is a shame because I really love the folks and my job.

Please, take care of your employees. You have many dedicated people that can no longer continue to work with low pay and no benefits. It gets hard to preach the importance of insurance when the employer does not think it is beneficial to offer insurance to employees.

I developed a tough skin

I worked at Brightway Insurance

Pros

There was lots of free coffee

Cons

Women with power trip issues

Worked for Brightway Insurance? Contribute to the Community!