Brilliant Transportation

Updated June 19, 2014
Updated June 19, 2014
3.5

CEO

Great company to build a career with.

Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Brilliant Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Usually, reviews on sites like this are left from people who have a bone to pick or are complaining. When people are satisfied, there's not much incentive to jump on a website and leave a review. But I wanted to jump on and let everyone know the experience I had working at Brilliant.

Brilliant invested in me quite a bit, sending me to the Remarkable Growth Conference in Washington D.C. and the Inbound Conference by HubSpot, both very expensive trips. They also hired two of the foremost experts as consultants to give me hands-on training; better than any college degree in my opinion.

One of the more exciting perks to working for Brilliant was getting to travel to both coasts. I got to spend a day in the amazing Brilliant van driving up and down the California coast in Los Angeles, and also cruising down the snow-covered highways of New York in the middle of the Arctic Blasts. Every year, the Brilliant staff retreat in an upscale resort in upstate New York on the Hudson river. My coworkers quickly learned that, in these situations I geek out with my camera in hand and am basically no good the entire time I'm traveling.

The executives of Brilliant are 100% focused on developing their staff to be the best. They are not afraid to invest in you and develop you into an expert in your field. As a matter of fact, it's probably that development that lead to me leaving Brilliant in July, 2014. Had it not been for the training and development I received while working for Brilliant, I wouldn't be where I am today.

The most exciting thing about Brilliant is the focus on being the best. It's not a normal company that is satisfied with status quo or maintaining. It's a true startup, focused on being the best and growing the biggest. There are full-time software developers on staff, and a company-wide hunger to grow quickly. I wouldn't be surprise to see Brilliant in the headlines expanding into any market, even limousine company software. They really are building it all from scratch, determined to make everything better.

It's that startup mentality that pushes everyone to go beyond what they would normally do. To do something more, and to do it better. If you work for Brilliant, you won't be bored and you won't be able to slide by. They'll push you to be at your best every day and to consistently get better. If you're looking for somewhere to slack off and do nothing for a paycheck, don't work at Brilliant. The management, and frankly, the rest of the staff won't accept mediocre.

If you're looking for a place that will challenge you, push you, and force you to up your game and improve your skills, Brilliant's the place. If you're looking for a new company that's bent on destroying the competition, building something new and exciting, and taking over the world... Brilliant's a perfect company.

Also, I got my first massage ever at the annual retreat. Richard, the owner, personally made the masseuse promise to hurt me if she could. She didn't, and now I'm addicted to massages.

The bottom line is I loved my time at Brilliant. If it wasn't for an offer I couldn't refuse, I could picture working for Brilliant for the rest of my professional life. If I ever found myself with an opportunity to work for Brilliant again, I would do it in a heart-beat.

Cons

Work-life balance is one of the only cons. With the focus on going and growing, working a 9-5 everyday isn't something you'll do week after week. There were times when I would get frustrated and plans would get changed. The nice thing is, a month after the big sacrifice that annoyed me, I would be glad I made it celebrating the win it brought.

Again, if you're looking for somewhere to slack off, this place isn't it. If you're driven for success, you'll love it.

Every celebration is followed by a call to do it again, and do it better. There is a constant push to do better, no matter how good you think you're doing. This is mostly due to the CEO's rabid desire to see everyone succeed at what they do, and the company to succeed as a while. It can get exhausting after a while but, in hindsight, it's always a pro rather than a con. On the other hand, every failure is looked at as an opportunity rather than a bad thing.

The recurring theme here is, Brilliant is a company driven to success and looking for driven people. Slackers will hate it. Success-driven people will absolutely love it.

Buy more cookies for employees more often.

Have challenging growth plans and incentives built into employee agreements rather than abstract. Exceeding goals could always exceed the agreement but it's motivating to have something definable and attainable to work toward rather than an abstract goal.

Nice place to start and learn this industries

Current Employee - Chauffeur  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chauffeur in New York, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice custom van, good technologies

Cons

Low pay, not too busy, not enough work to keep drivers happy

In order to maintain good chauffeurs the company needs to give good pay

Should be a great company, but needs to treat employees better!

I worked at Brilliant Transportation

Pros

The concept of Brilliant Transportation is a great one. No other company like it around. Owner has a great spirit and an impressive background.

Cons

Very very very tense environment! If you look at the reviews and website everything looks promising, very clean and organized. Looks can be deceiving! They talk a good game, but they do not treat employees with respect. The pay is AWFUL for the amount of work they want you to put in. Not to mention the headquarters is in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. This is a lovely area, but has HORRIBLE and VERY LIMITED transportation which is never good. No one seems to last long and they fire people left and right.

Reevaluate your management, yelling at people is not a way to solve problems.

Worked for Brilliant Transportation? Contribute to the Community!