Brine Group Staffing Solutions

Brine Group Staffing Solutions Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jay Acquaviva

A top notch staffing agency in the Boston area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe formal training program developed by the CEO is a "bible" for new recruiters. The knowledge-base from both teams #healthcare and IT# is remarkable - these guys KNOW what they are talking about.
They have a very strong presence in the local marketplace and do provide quality candidates, adding value to the search process at any level within the organization.
The CEO is a "wealth of knowledge" and is quite able to "transfer" knowledge and inspire people.

ConsA non-national presence - both in healthcare and IT

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand nationally.
Understand the differences within industry-specific clients (specifically healthcare) and adapt to their processes/ways of conducting searches.

An Administrative Perspective

Human Resources/Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA

I have been working at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmall privately owned company with direct access and influence to CEO and Senior Management. Convenient location. Rewarded for working hard and they see it. My role has evolved over my tenure at Brine and I have had the opportunity to focus on the aspects that I am passionate about. Recruiters are given training and support, the tools they need to succeed. Ramp up period is challenging but once they have developed a client base and the rhythm, everything usually falls into place. Culture is good, work hard play hard. Management is understanding when it comes to family matters and emergencies, but they hold everyone accountable.

ConsBecause company is small, upward mobility is limited for administration. Need the volume to justify hiring another admin, but growth rate has been slow. Recruiters can move into more aggressive commission plans as they mature in their role and gain experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing the strengths and weeding out the weaknesses. Build consistency with employee morale. Benefits can be improved.

Everybody leaves

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsThey hire great people who are fun to work with for the brief time they are there.

ConsNobody stays there for several reasons. New recruiters are not supported enough, the culture allows managers to compete with those they manage, sometimes unfairly, and there is a lot of pressure to submit candidates who may be unqualified or shaky to clients. The healthcare group is the worst to work in. Employees are not valued unless they are making a lot of money for the company, and if recruiters have a bad month, they are not treated that well. The Manager does not support all of the recruiters.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a real manager and use best practices instead of flying by the seats of your pants.

Toxic for recruiters

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy location for most commuters. Good ability to advertise your positions and compete with your clients ads. Unlimited ability to place ads for jobs so that candidates see your ads before seeing the client's ads. The tech group has a little longevity and is well managed.

ConsThe Healthcare group has extraordinarily high turnover and at present has no recruiters other than the owner. Morale is very poor in that group when there are recruiters in it, due to the manage by numbers mentality. Also, you are expected to recruit candidates away from current clients.There is no quality vetting of candidates. There is a possible history of fuzzy math with commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on tech recruiting where you already succeed. Work on treating employees with more respect.

My own experience

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Ops Manager, good job post visibility, great tech recruiting division and the CEO is a great guy who tries hard.

ConsResume factory mentality, ie volume metrics are key, vs quality. Training and development is done by the managers who compete with new recruiters. Placed and terminated candidates may be recruited out and placed elsewhere. Very high recruiter turnover and dissatisfaction in the healthcare group due to leadership issues and support. Tech, however does well.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a healthcare leader who will support and train staff, help them succeed rather than compete with them.

Worked for Brine Group Staffing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brine Group Staffing Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brine Group Staffing Solutions CEO Jay Acquaviva . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Brine Group Staffing Solutions employees.