Brink's Home Security

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Robert B. Allen

Good Job to get you by until something better comes along.

Messenger (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsGreat people, exciting work, and overtime up to your eyeballs.

ConsNo upward mobility, To much risk not enough pay for the risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing good job keep it up.

I was confusing at best when I worked there, changing name to Broadview Security losing identity of a 150 year old brand

Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsGood people doing their best to train you and giving you a full arsenal of sales techniques to get the job done.

ConsThey had too much emphasis on so-called "self-generated" leads and that they had to account for a relatively large portion of your total sales (or installed units). It wouldn't matter if you sold 100% of your company generated leads. If you were short self generated leads you would be let go. The local office would give us the company generated leads, and have us set the appointments, without first determining the geographical area. This would frequently result in traveling long distances from one appointment to the next, and we would cross paths with other associates as they were going to the area we just came from. During the time I was there, the company gave up their 150 year old brand name, Brinks that everyone associated with security, and became Broadview Security... a brand, and a name that nobody knew or associated with security. Big Mistake !

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put so much emphasis on the self generated leads.
    Hand out company generated leads based on geographical areas, allowing associates
    to spend less time and effort driving.

Great company, one of the good ones acquired by one of the bad ones.

Director (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsCulture, Culture, Culture Took care of the customers and their employees.

ConsMoved a little slow at times but overall great company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More work than the compensation is worth

Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThere is a great deal of flexibility which allows you to run your business how you see fit. The interview process and training are comprehensive which makes it easy to adapt quickly in the field.

ConsThe compensation plan is terrible in comparison the level of activity required to generate a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise the compensation plan so encourages consultants to work harder.

Testing Specialist

Testing Specialist (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsTreat their employees very well.

ConsI have no cons to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Watch out for top line management...they are out for themselves.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood people manager level and down
    Nice place to work
    It feels like home

ConsSenior management is out for themselves
    Limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys know what the right thing to do is...just get to doing it.

Been great working here

Monitoring (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsWonderful people to work with. Very flexible with the hours. Fun and easy going atmosphere while still being very professional. Lots of recgonition and encouragement to individually grow within the company.

Consthere isn't many cons about working with brinks home security. At least not within my department. Probably I would only suggest to increase staffing only because the alarm volume can get pretty high at times and don't want it to effect our response time for our customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really hope you keep up all of your good work. Especially now and more so after the merge is complete.

Great place to work.

Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThis place is full of honest and good people, who are committed to their jobs yet open to discussion of new ideas.

Also, Call Centers are located within the campus, so you get a good sense of diversity and reality.

ConsIT change processes are a little muddied and difficult to follow, but intentions are there, and management has strong technical ability.

Vacation benefits lack. 2 weeks/year for the first 5 years, but this does not include sick days. This of course seems to encourage folks to play hooky!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of how the business culture is changing. Lots of long-term employees can cause a stagnant culture that has not progressed with the times.

Broadview Security - Excellent for contact center workers, disorganized at upper levels.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsBroadview Security (formerly Brink's Home Security) is an outstanding work environment. The employees and supervisors all maintaina positive working relationship and there is a great sense of "team" within each group and department. The benefits are comparable to similar organizations with reasonably priced health, dental, and vision benefits. Employees are provided with adequate time off and the company has a flexible attendance policy. Compensation for call center employees is slightly better than most in the area. In addition, there is a clear career path for contact center employees to develop via a structured training and development program.

ConsAs is the case within many companies, information is generally poorly communicated. Conflicting information is often delivered to front-line employees and revised several times over a short period of time.

Compensation for exempt level employees is below average for the market.

There are insufficient opportunities for exempt level employees to progress and grow professionally at some locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe appearance of disorganization and poor decision making often frustrate employees at all levels of the organization. The best advice I could give would be to closely evaluate the work environment for the front-line representatives and attempt to view organizational, policy, and procedure changes as they do. I would also encourage market studies to determine a more competitive pay scale for exempt level staff.

Good Company to work for, but experienced major micro-management

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThis is a good company, it is strong in the market and has a good reputation.. Has good training program which lasts for several weeks. Supervisors are great. There is plenty of room for advancement.

ConsI felt like everything I did was being checked to find errors. I was apprehensive most of the time, like I was might do or say something that might not be acceptable. You are graded and rated constantly.
    After the first 2 weeks or so, I felt like I was on the way out the door. I didn't feel that there was a secure future there. Heaven forbid you don't make your numbers quickly, you will be put on notice!
    The immediate team managers were very suportive and that made it a little easier to get through the days.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosen up a little bit, you've got great people working for you in your sales department, but no one wants to constantly be in a "Big Brother" environment. Do something about your quality team, nobody likes them!

Worked for Brink's Home Security? Contribute to the Community!