Brink's Home Security

Robert B. Allen

Better company than most

Former Employee - Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Oakland, CA

I worked at Brink's Home Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good company. Efficient, fast-paced, clean and conscience of customer satisfaction. Good, responsible coworkers.Frequent company meetings to air out problems or complaints.

Cons

Supervisors can be too heavy handed. Frequently work on holidays. Training is by the seat of the pants, but work is not that complicated once you get the routine down.

Keep a closer eye on the relationship between supervisors and rank-and-file employees, with regard to civil discourse.

I was confusing at best when I worked there, changing name to Broadview Security losing identity of a 150 year old brand

Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Concord, CA

I worked at Brink's Home Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people doing their best to train you and giving you a full arsenal of sales techniques to get the job done.

Cons

They had too much emphasis on so-called "self-generated" leads and that they had to account for a relatively large portion of your total sales (or installed units). It wouldn't matter if you sold 100% of your company generated leads. If you were short self generated leads you would be let go. The local office would give us the company generated leads, and have us set the appointments, without first determining the geographical area. This would frequently result in traveling long distances from one appointment to the next, and we would cross paths with other associates as they were going to the area we just came from. During the time I was there, the company gave up their 150 year old brand name, Brinks that everyone associated with security, and became Broadview Security... a brand, and a name that nobody knew or associated with security. Big Mistake !

Don't put so much emphasis on the self generated leads.
    Hand out company generated leads based on geographical areas, allowing associates
    to spend less time and effort driving.

Good Job to get you by until something better comes along.

Current Employee - Messenger in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Messenger in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Brink's Home Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, exciting work, and overtime up to your eyeballs.

Cons

No upward mobility, To much risk not enough pay for the risk.

Doing good job keep it up.

Great company, one of the good ones acquired by one of the bad ones.

Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX

I worked at Brink's Home Security full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture Took care of the customers and their employees.

Cons

Moved a little slow at times but overall great company.

More work than the compensation is worth

Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Brink's Home Security

Pros

There is a great deal of flexibility which allows you to run your business how you see fit. The interview process and training are comprehensive which makes it easy to adapt quickly in the field.

Cons

The compensation plan is terrible in comparison the level of activity required to generate a sale.

Revise the compensation plan so encourages consultants to work harder.

Testing Specialist

Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Treat their employees very well.

Cons

I have no cons to list.

None.

Watch out for top line management...they are out for themselves.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Good people manager level and down
    Nice place to work
    It feels like home

Cons

Senior management is out for themselves
    Limited advancement opportunities

You guys know what the right thing to do is...just get to doing it.

Been great working here

Current Employee - Monitoring in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Monitoring in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Very flexible with the hours. Fun and easy going atmosphere while still being very professional. Lots of recgonition and encouragement to individually grow within the company.

Cons

there isn't many cons about working with brinks home security. At least not within my department. Probably I would only suggest to increase staffing only because the alarm volume can get pretty high at times and don't want it to effect our response time for our customers.

I really hope you keep up all of your good work. Especially now and more so after the merge is complete.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

This place is full of honest and good people, who are committed to their jobs yet open to discussion of new ideas.

Also, Call Centers are located within the campus, so you get a good sense of diversity and reality.

Cons

IT change processes are a little muddied and difficult to follow, but intentions are there, and management has strong technical ability.

Vacation benefits lack. 2 weeks/year for the first 5 years, but this does not include sick days. This of course seems to encourage folks to play hooky!!

Be aware of how the business culture is changing. Lots of long-term employees can cause a stagnant culture that has not progressed with the times.

Broadview Security - Excellent for contact center workers, disorganized at upper levels.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Broadview Security (formerly Brink's Home Security) is an outstanding work environment. The employees and supervisors all maintaina positive working relationship and there is a great sense of "team" within each group and department. The benefits are comparable to similar organizations with reasonably priced health, dental, and vision benefits. Employees are provided with adequate time off and the company has a flexible attendance policy. Compensation for call center employees is slightly better than most in the area. In addition, there is a clear career path for contact center employees to develop via a structured training and development program.

Cons

As is the case within many companies, information is generally poorly communicated. Conflicting information is often delivered to front-line employees and revised several times over a short period of time.

Compensation for exempt level employees is below average for the market.

There are insufficient opportunities for exempt level employees to progress and grow professionally at some locations.

The appearance of disorganization and poor decision making often frustrate employees at all levels of the organization. The best advice I could give would be to closely evaluate the work environment for the front-line representatives and attempt to view organizational, policy, and procedure changes as they do. I would also encourage market studies to determine a more competitive pay scale for exempt level staff.