Brink's, Incorporated

Brink's, Incorporated Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Brink's, Incorporated Chairman President & CEO Thomas C. Schievelbein

Thomas C. Schievelbein

Pros
  • Good people in all ranks, however company is not that profitable anymore(in 11 reviews)

• Plenty of hours, whether you like it or not(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Company-wide turnover is worse than Fast Food places; even Senior Management(in 9 reviews)

• Upper management makes decisions based on tenure, not what's best for the business(in 9 reviews)

The IT group was reorganized. 90+ techs laid off. revolving door for managers.

Microsoft Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsDecent benefits & pay. Relaxed work environment.

ConsLack of executive leadership. Managerial incompetence.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better managers.

I enjoyed my time @ Brinks, although some of the decisions by upper management were suspect.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFast paced environment, room to move up if you're willing to work for it. The more positions you can learn, then the sky is the limit.

ConsUpper management makes decisions based on tenure, not what's best for the business. Tenure is no way to run a business, and it's sad that it was like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions based on the good of the company, not how long someone has been there - ESPECIALLY if those people are lazy and useless.

overworked, underpaid and highly underappreciated

Messenger (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosthe benefits were good but that was about it. occasionally scheduling was okay but management plays the favorites game too often.

Consmanagement was extremely poor. no communication. would ask you to work extra hours at the last minute when the task was something that management could've done themselves earlier in the day but were too lazy.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to communicate better. treat employees fair. stop dumping work onto hourly employees that does not fall into their requirements. stop making excuses for lack of knowledge.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brinks Stinks

Armed Guard & Driver (Current Employee)

ProsThe two guys I ran routes with, awesome people.
    Supervisors were cool.
    Worked with schedule sometimes.

ConsPay
    Schedule
    This is a temporary job for most individuals
    Working at Brinks ins't seen as a career to most I work with
    Benefits bad and management worst

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more, give us decent benefits, make every effort to allow drivers and guards a position that actually is a career. Allow us to have some say in how the company is ran. We certainly know enough to make decisions that would be beneficial to the company.

Stop ignoring us!

Overall Good Experience

Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood people in all ranks, however company is not that profitable anymore. Job is challenging and good work life balance in IT.

ConsPay is ok, not exactly at industry standard, 401k matching not what it used to be in past. They also had lay offs once a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Advice

With the Right people

Cash Logistics (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsYou have the support to build.

ConsMessed up operations; development and spending is bad.

Advice to Senior Managementwork-life-balance is not there at all. I say it like this people that work crazy hours on salary Great workers on salary get the job done within good time management.

Lots of changes in upper managemet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraditional company long standing history.

ConsLots of changes in upper management and direction of company.

Less than one star

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a job if you need one, gutter level pay that can pay a few bills, gives most people such a poor experience it motivates them to find a real career or company that cares for its people, and provided firearms, vests, and ammo however don't "thataboy them," this should be an industry standard--which it inst.

ConsPost below four stars sum up the majority of cons you WILL deal with. Wanna open your eyes more go and read other armored car company reviews. Not one company gets over three stars not odd considering the total disregard for the human conditions surrounding most driver/guards.

Run away from this company its on its way to the same levels as Garda and Loomis.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck finding any decent employees with your poverty mentality forced onto drivers and guards.

Low pay for putting your life in danger.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady work and company name. Paid vacation and sick pay.

ConsMinimal overtime, up to five hours max a week then regular there after. Trucks breakdown often.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better raises! 20 cents a year raise is a slap in the face.

Ok for a dead end job

Route Coordinator (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsI get a lot of hours due to all of the other employees not wanting to work. I'm an hourly supervisor which means that I still get paid for the extra work.

ConsHourly pay is not enough. I've tried to apply to positions in the company to advance and I do not even get a call back.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are so worried about cutting costs, then why waste money on installing a new phone system throughout the country???

Worked for Brink's, Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!