Brink's, Incorporated Reviews

Reset
1.8
Brink's, Incorporated Chairman President & CEO Thomas C. Schievelbein
Thomas C. Schievelbein

Pros
  • In some places still they have good people (in 13 reviews)

• Work-life balance can be a challenge but the workload is consistent and manageable even if excessive occasionally (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management didn't understand that you can't always do more with less (in 11 reviews)

• poor work/life balance due to never knowing what days you will have off because schedules go up Thursday nights for the following week (in 6 reviews)

1. AP Processor & Accounting Clerk I

Former Employee - AP Processor & Accounting Clerk I in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - AP Processor & Accounting Clerk I in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment and friendly Co-Workers.

Cons

The pay rate is to low.

Advice to Management

Raise Pay

2. Mid Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly good people, decent corporate management, average benefits, opportunity to advance with hard work and training/education

Cons

Lack of good service training programs. Branch/Field Management. Staffing, long hours

Advice to Management

Need better service training programs, and better work/life balance

Used to be a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

OK if your from CIO's previous company

Cons

Lost too many of the good people. Lost too much long time knowledge.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes

Slackers need not apply

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to show drive and motivation you will go far. This is not a 9-5 Monday - Friday and some folks will not do well. Local management cares and is trying to make it better. My manager has actually done my job and that says a lot.

Cons

Co workers who complain all the time about the job. I don't want to hear how bad you hate this place and then call off all the time and make those of us who care work harder to cover your call off. It is a family and some of the family members need to go away.

Advice to Management

Push out the dirt bags and get some quality people in here who want to work and make this place better. Anyone who wants to leave should be helped out the door so we can get back to being the Portland family I remember.

6. why not

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated

Pros

Very understandable management, respects your life outside of work, room for advancement within respective branches. Fairly decent 401k plan

Cons

Too much work in a day sometimes, no specific times on when you're gonna be able to go home so scheduling activities with family and friends are a hassle at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and try to do something for the employees so they don't feel so used and abused sometimes.

7. Brink's is like an elephant

Current Employee - Messenger
    Current Employee - Messenger

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company pays for state-mandated firearm certification training, and provides company firearms. Company actually pays overtime, and pays more than its competitors. There's also holiday pay for many bank-observed holidays. The pay is tiered, based on longevity of employment, so an employee will always know what they can make if they stick around long enough. The company offers 401k matching at 1.5%

Cons

Overtime is capped at five hours per week. Any time spent clocked-in after that is straight time. At one time, the company would discourage truck employees from working more than ten hours overtime in a week. Now, with an overtime cap, the company is urging branches to reduce the number of routes on the road, creating longer routes, keeping employees on the clock longer, and there is no set quitting time. Regular work days used to last eight to nine hours. Now, they're in the ten to twelve hour range. New hire truck employees should never make any plans to do anything important on a workday, because odds are they won't make it in time.

Advice to Management

Find alternate methods of scaling the company, if generating more income is too difficult. The current scaling methods are severely damaging morale, urging many good employees to leave. Many of us are firing on all cylinders for far too long, and getting burned out. Brink's does not seem like it takes any action to differentiate itself from the competition. It seems more like we're just late to the game with cost-cutting initiatives that other companies have already implemented three to five years ago. The customer referral program is barely acknowledged. After looking at last year's (2014) income statement, it does not seem like the company wants to make any money.

8. Driver

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you want hours this is the place. Most guys work six days a week. -Timely Pay -Paid Training and pay for licensing. -401K -Most Coworkers are friendly and fun to work with.

Cons

-Overtime is only paid from 40-45 hrs per week. If you work over 45 hrs each week your only getting paid overtime for 5 hours a week. Overtime is almost forced depending on your route and number of days you work. -Long hours starting in the early AM. Your shift is over whenever your route is complete. Most guys work 10-12 hour days starting from 5-6 AM. This doesn't include instances where you have to break from your route for a special pick up or Delays during the day. -Routes are tight sometimes with almost impossible time restrictions and no room for delays. -Low pay for a high risk job. -No Communication -Not a good job if you have a family. You are gone from the early AM until late evening sometimes. it is a 7 day a week operation including holidays. -Room for growth is minimal.

Advice to Management

-Listen to the employees. We are out there from day today busting our rumps to give the customers what you promised. We know what we need to do the job and have some ideas on how to improve efficiency.

Messenger

Current Employee - Messenger in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Messenger in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Local Management actually cares and wants us to be happy and successful. Co-Workers are awesome, Its a job that you get to wear a vest and carry a fire arm,

Cons

Hours worked is hard, Overtime is capped at 5 Hours a week for truck employees but work more like 50-55, weekends and holidays are expected.

Advice to Management

Local management keep up the good work, upper management please get it together I've seen this company go from a great one with decent benefits to a company that is trying to obtain unreasonable profit at the branch level rather than doing the right things at a higher level

10. Money Room Clerk

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time

Pros

Great management and fast pace job.

Cons

Business is up and down

Advice to Management

None.

City Manager

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time

Pros

Very little involvement from upper management. Should be able to manager operations with minimal micromanagement. Company is trying to right size but I am not confident it has the ability to make change.

Cons

The slowest moving company that I have ever seen. It is very difficult to retain staffing due to the low pay rates of hourly. It is even harder to get candidates approved for hire. So many areas that have been neglected in the past that will require funds to repair but there isn't any money in the budget. Held accountable to P & L but only truly impact labor expenses.

Advice to Management

Allow local management to truly run their branches. Provide support to areas that need attention. Implement a structured training program for managers.

RSS Feed </> Embed