Brinker

Brinker Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Brinker Chairman, President, and CEO Doug Brooks

Doug Brooks

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours during down times"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Compensation, structure, ability to move up and be promoted from within"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

High standard,s but a face in the crowd.

Liine Cook (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brinker

ProsVery well organized, I was very well trained at my position. Impressed with the high quality of ingredients used and health and cleanliness standards are very high.

ConsCorporate feel, rigid rules, every minute of your time spent working, no smoke breaks, sometimes you feel like a face in the crowd.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the love of god, pay us more. I am a culinary professional and cooks arguably have the worst jobs in the company. It is the love, not the money that keeps us in this profession.

OK>

L2 Analyst, Front Line (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brinker

ProsComp card allowing free meals at some of their restaurants, supportive coworkers, occasionally able to telecommute

ConsSplit days off, unusual hours, traffic in the area

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your salaries and treat your employees a little better, a better work/life balance would be nice

A Corporate Mess

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Brinker

ProsTwo days off a week. Other plus sides are that the current management is so rough that anything looks good in comparison so advancement is available.

ConsLack of management unity and in general a company that seems on the decline. There is a definable lack of quality to the product but quality is preached and yet it is non existant

Advice to Senior Managementthe really rough stores should be closely analyzed and shut down, cleaned, restaffed, retrained. Take management training seriously. If you don't the employees don't.

its pretty good

Austin, TX

I have been working at Brinker

ProsIt is good for a college student. I wouldnt make it a career but it was good for me through college. not bad

ConsDepending on if you work in a big city it can be pretty slow which can be bad especially if you are trying to make this a career which i highly suggest not to.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the employees in some cases.

Not much fun anymore

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brinker

ProsUsed to be a very fun company, low pressure company. When faced with making things difficult or simple, the answer was "We're a burger company!" so simple was better.

ConsClung to closely to demands of individuals, both in operations and corporate. Some departments recognized limited resources and planned/filtered accordingly. Other departments thought "it's not my budget that is impacted if I demand the moon".

Advice to Senior ManagementTame the Divas. In the departments that spend the most, look at which other departments are demanding the most from them and evaluate the demands they place on others (HR!)

Seniority Rules

Chicago, IL

ProsRoom for advancement into Management

ConsServers need to pick up dinner shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementLet newer employees work more, so you don't have to spend so much in training.

I havent been there long...

Flanders, NJ

I have been working at Brinker

ProsIts work. I Like working with customers and serving them. I also enjoy solving problems and working thru things with the customers.

ConsIf you arent young, you wont get good shifts or promoted.
The Manager just YELLS.. all the time. The Managers care about making money got themselves but not for anyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up.

Used to be great, but not anymore

Corporate Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Brinker

ProsFun business to work in. Encourages a family atmosphere. Very casual environment. Easy to achieve balance between work and personal time. For the most part, fair, equitable, friendly environment.

ConsWay too laid back about standard processes, procedures and guidelines. Technology sucks -- most things were standard in the 1980s. There is rampant favoritism and people who should have been fired years ago are still hanging on. The casual dining industry needs a complete overhaul and Brinker is definitely behind the times. They are trying some new things, but some of those experiments are totally wacky. Woe to the person who speaks up to the crazy talk. If you aren't part of the wacky in-crowd, you may be out.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the dinosaurs need to step aside, already.

exceeds

Server (Former Employee)
Cedar Hill, TX

I worked at Brinker

Prosgreat fellow employees to work with, we partied all the time and so did the entire team off and on the clock

Conshad to be at work on time and did not have any smoke breaks for the cooks or servers and the managers did not smoke either

Advice to Senior Managementdon't worry so much, be happy life is too short to get all stressed out over things that do not matter when it is all said and done

Good job while in college

Grandville, MI

I have been working at Brinker

Prosflexible hours, most money you'll probably make while going to school. great training system. if you need a day off, there are people there that can take em.

Constraining takes about a month, can get very stressful. management are sticklers because it is a corporate company. not bad though

Advice to Senior Managementthere seemed to be a lot of favoritism, but if I were a manager, I would do the same thing.

Worked for Brinker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brinker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brinker CEO Doug Brooks. All 73 reviews posted anonymously by Brinker employees.