Brinker Reviews

Reset
3.5
Brinker CEO & President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Work/life - flexible hours; often see kids or dogs in office; on-campus gym (in 5 reviews)

• Great culture, career developers, many professional connections (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, high turnover, could use more support (in 8 reviews)

• Work-Life balance is nonexistent (in 3 reviews)

1. Manager

Pros

Great company. Great training. I like the people with whom I worked.

Cons

Long hours, I was not paid what I thought I should receive.

2. Shell of what it once was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker (More than a year)

Pros

Some great employees work at Brinker. They are working hard to re-energize the company culture and it's working in the restaurants. I saw team members doing some great things with feedback.

Cons

Everyone is struggling to keep Chili's relevant in the face of fast casual competition.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate some of your older employees, especially in marketing. They aren't willing to take risks.

3. Hostess at Maggiano's

Former Employee - Hostess
    Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Brinker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made lifelong friends, learned how much stress I could deal with

Cons

No food breaks, toxic environment at the host stand, managers contradicting each other, struggles getting hours, many things blamed on the wrong people to protect those in charge

Advice to Management

Up your game and make it the environment it was a year ago.

5. Corporate Office

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Brinker (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture for the most part. Managers really seem to care about their employees and work life balance is great. Great pay and opportunity for advancement. Annual bonuses and 401K matching. Lots of extras offered... workout classes, career growth classes, cooking classes, Food Truck Wednesdays, Bring Your Dog to Work Day... etc. Lots of fun things planned to break up the work week. Quarterly meetings held off campus at fun locations. Work hard, play hard!

Cons

While the culture is great and I really enjoy it, higher ups/HR don't always practice what they preach. Not on a regular basis - but there have been a couple instances that have made a lot of people very upset. But comparitively to other companies, it's the best place I have ever worked so I can't complain too much.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

6. Server - Great Place to Work

I worked at Brinker part-time

Pros

Management is easy going and flexible. I have even shown up late or forgotten about a shift with no consquences. Now, I'm not saying if I did it a few times in a row there wouldn't be a problem.

Cons

Being a server can be stressful. You have to make sure the customer is always taken care of. Margarita contests are not fun to push and some customers get annoyed with it.

Advice to Management

Focus on offering healthy options and stop with all of the sales contests. The training program is great and very helpful.

7. Server

Former Employee - Food Server in Visalia, CA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Visalia, CA

I worked at Brinker part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work! You get to meet different people all the time. Laid back if you do your job right.

Cons

It is what you make it. The people that come in are scummy sometimes and people will mess with you just because but that goes for any restaurant you work at.

Advice to Management

They're all really nice and accommodating!

8. Good company

Pros

Great benefits and cultural atmosphere. Not too many hours required which is 50-55 hours a week with vacation after 6 months.

Cons

Slow advancement within the unit because of a long waiting on moving through the restaurant itself. Sometimes you have to deal with long term team members because they know the system and how to munipulate the numbers.

Advice to Management

Be Patient and spend as much time as you can in the kitchen during training because you are only alloted 1 week during training.

9. Bartender at Chili

Pros

Great culture, flexible schedule, and friendly co-workers. Working for Chili's is a great place to interact with people rather than sitting behind a computer all day. Also, have days off so it's great for college students.

Cons

You have to work nights and weekends and some holidays. Also, you get paid less than minimum wage hourly, so while tips are usually good, it's hard to budget based on a service industry job.

Advice to Management

I would like to see management gets their hands dirty more than they do. Sometimes when we were short staffed, everything slowed down and customers get anxious. I think if management would "jump in" sooner, this could be prevented.

10. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Sever in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sever in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Brinker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours and great management and staff.great bonuses and incentives.

Cons

No breaks and the customer can rate you every time.

Advice to Management

Give breaks and dont iver schedule people si they get burned out.

Horrible you'll never receive a raise.

Current Employee - Hostest in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Hostest in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Brinker part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The food discount that is 50% is very beneficial to myself and other coworkers that are in the building. also the online hit schedule is very beneficial when it comes to releasing and picking up other shifts.

Cons

After being here for almost two years I haven't received an evaluation that I'm suppose to get for a raise the one time I did receive a raise it was from me personally asking my GM for a raise and that was a year and a half later .

RSS Feed </> Embed