Brintons

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Don Coates

Always on the edge

Corporate Support Staff (Current Employee)
    Kennesaw, GA

ProsCoworkers, healthcare benefits, Flexible working hours, location in office park is about 5 min to interstate, restaurants, and shopping areas, 401K match, vacation time, holidays observed,diverse work force,

ConsNo raises or bonuses in 5 years, No training for corporate office support staff, Actually owned by private equity firm Carlyle, 3 rounds of layoffs since Carlyle takeover,Constant battle between Brintons USA & Brintons UK, High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementKPIs for corporate support staff, limit favoritism, Review for raises as cost of living continues to rise but salaries remain the same which is causing many employees to take on second jobs or leave entirely.

Lack of direction

Administrative/Sales Support (Current Employee)
    Kennesaw, GA

ProsNice, casual work environment, flexible schedule, decent benefits and paid time off. Some nice co-workers, good office location.

ConsAbsolutely no advancement opportunities. No appreciation for ambition. No goals or objectives are set for employees. Low pay. Quite a discrepancy between designer/sales salaries and corporate sales support. Inexperienced management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses

Worked 38 years for the best firm in the world and another 9 for a foundering ship!

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
    Kidderminster, England (UK)

ProsGreat shopfloor people in my time.Still are but their views are normally dismissed by an incompetent and ignorant management.

ConsThe true worth of people is far too often ignored. Thinking is far too short term - make people redundant and hire them back within weeks having found that it is not possible to manage without them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with your workforce and remember that they normally know far more than you do about making carpet!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brintons is like a big family.

Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsGreat opportunities on the way.
    Working in Shifts.
    Different field to explore.

ConsNo flexibility in timings.
    Currently not much opportunities.
    Slow economic growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comments

Brintons

ProsFor the carpet trade it wasn't a bad wage until they took our bonus system anyway from us, if that ever comes back the pay is quite good. Over the years working for them I've meet some great people which has helped me stay for so long.

ConsWall to wall dust and it's everywhere the factory is never clean now, after the the cleaner left they never replaced him. Now the dust just settles on everything. Management are constantly asking more for less which is understandable given these times, but a little thank you or good job every now and then would go a long way.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the years I've worked for Brintons it's been slowly getting worse and worse. With loss of bonuses and then making people redundant only to bring them back weeks later as temps because the place can't function without them. Also far to many silly mistakes with orders/materials are made and better communication between sections is needed.

Worked for Brintons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brintons reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brintons CEO Don Coates. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Brintons employees.