Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Brio Bravo Restaurant Group Reviews

Updated Feb 18, 2014

Brio Bravo Restaurant Group CEO Saed Mohseni

Saed Mohseni

Server- exceed expectations of guests and managers

Mason, OH

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group part-time for more than 8 years

ProsFast paced fun and friendly work environment. I have listed several cons but they aren't as bad as I make it sound. It depends on what you're looking for. As with every other job there are pros and cons. Management has been very flexible with me and I feel appreciated and wanted at Bravo. Feeling that way about an employer is rare and Bravo truly cares about their employees and making them happy.

ConsIt's serving so it can be soul destroying at times
For some employees it is more of a social scene and they aren't there to support their family or truly earn an income. I work at Bravo as a second job and when I am there I look to maximize my time. Unfortunately many co workers don't have the same level of responsibility and it shows in their work ethic.

At times I feel like I am doing everyone's job including my own and it just makes me wonder what exactly everyone else is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage stressful situations better please!

An excellent niche Italian restaurant concept.

Annapolis, MD

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf your an experienced server, a great place to make money and advance into management if that is a career choice.

ConsGrowing way to fast, thus taking away from the original core values especially in training and its follow up

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget where, how and why it all started

Absolutely no respect for employees

Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group part-time for more than a year

ProsEasy to give away or pick up shifts

ConsAwful scheduling
Dirty location
Called off most days
Lack of respect from management
No room for advancement

Decent place to serve at. They have good prices, so you will usually get better tips than most other places.

Frontenac, MO

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group part-time for less than a year

Pros-Usually busy, so you will get steady tips.
-They will work with you for flexible schedules.
-Training is great here.

Cons-Managers will blame you for their mistakes.
-Just like any serving job, it can get demanding.
-No breaks or short breaks if you even have a chance to take one.

A roller coaster of great and terrible experiences

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

ProsGreat food and some great people.

ConsPeople at the top have forgotten what made the company great

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember how you got there, by supporting your peoplr.

Poorly managed

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent salary, growth opportunity and the culture is great. Food too!

ConsOne of the worst district managers (since has been demoted) had no idea what was going on under the roof of his restaurant. The management team I was surrounded by either didn't want to be there or didn't know how to do a great job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and help course correct.

Growing too fast

Tampa, FL

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity for advancement
Commitment to guest experience

ConsOpening too many stores back to back
Because of growth, new unit managers not in line with corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dilute your brand
Be careful - deep discounts are driving down your same store sales
Set team members up for success

Brio Tuscan Grille Server

Houston, TX

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time for more than a year

ProsRelatively good place to gain experience in a high volume casual fine dine restaurant environment. Previous restaurant experience preferred but not required. Plenty of latitude in the way of tableside styles or approaches.

ConsTraining is deficient with regard to practical server processes and techniques. Continuing education about the products available are virtually nonexistent. Work flow systems are inadequately designed and implemented making for a highly disorganized and chaotic environment. Quality of products are inconsistent and too often below guest expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementA focus placed on the quality of food and service would go a long way. In particular a detailed look at the steps involved in the implementation of these to main areas with the goal of minimizing the most common problems associated with inadequate products and service. Emphasis on the training program is definitely much needed. With a great deal of latitude granted to the store level management it is imperative that said management have a strong ability to generate and implement standards of best practice while limiting the need for decisions to be made arbitrarily and with little consideration for the far reaching effects of those decisions. In other words it is preferable to avoid a fire than to put a fire out.

Managers work long hours

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalaries for managers are average to above average, while hourly employees are not paid enough.

ConsManagers are required to work 11 hour shifts. They need to have more respect for the quality of life of their employees. That is the main reason that I left the company. Also, the culture of the company is guest driven and does not put much emphasis on creating happy employees. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the amount of hours that salaried employees have to work. It would greatly improve job satisfaction and retention.

Decent company to work for (expanding with opportunities for growth).

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule, decent pay, ability to move up within the company, transfer opportunities, and you get to meet a variety of interesting people from a plethora of different backgrounds. Half off food when you dine in!

ConsThe restaurant industry doesn't always provide the best work/life balance (you will work weekends, some major holidays, and a number of nights), hours can be extremely long (double shifts, 12-13 hrs or more on a big holiday such as Mother's Day), as a server you make 2.15 an hour (hope for good tips), lots of corporate oversight (and rules), since Obama-care started to ramp up the company eliminated full time employees and insurance coverage (unless you are management)

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good employees, and try to find ways to enhance the employee experience. You already do a nice job of taking care of guests (but employees make the business run).

Worked for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group CEO Saed Mohseni. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Brio Bravo Restaurant Group employees.