Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Brio Bravo Restaurant Group Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Brio Bravo Restaurant Group CEO Saed Mohseni

Saed Mohseni

Server- exceed expectations of guests and managers

Server (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsFast paced fun and friendly work environment. I have listed several cons but they aren't as bad as I make it sound. It depends on what you're looking for. As with every other job there are pros and cons. Management has been very flexible with me and I feel appreciated and wanted at Bravo. Feeling that way about an employer is rare and Bravo truly cares about their employees and making them happy.

ConsIt's serving so it can be soul destroying at times
    For some employees it is more of a social scene and they aren't there to support their family or truly earn an income. I work at Bravo as a second job and when I am there I look to maximize my time. Unfortunately many co workers don't have the same level of responsibility and it shows in their work ethic.

At times I feel like I am doing everyone's job including my own and it just makes me wonder what exactly everyone else is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage stressful situations better please!

flexible scheduling

Server (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe managers are nice, and willing to work with you and your scheduling.

Consother than the usual cons to the serving industry, none come to mind

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what your doing

Server

Server (Current Employee) Worthington, OH

ProsLove the management the store I work with, it's like family

ConsSome of the servers have been there for 10+ years.. aka TOO LONG. They are lazy and making nothing of themselves, a huge part of the contribution of negativity. Head chef rarely lets us order food even if we are willing to pay full price without our employee discount

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent niche Italian restaurant concept.

Server (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsIf your an experienced server, a great place to make money and advance into management if that is a career choice.

ConsGrowing way to fast, thus taking away from the original core values especially in training and its follow up

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget where, how and why it all started

Absolutely no respect for employees

Server (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsEasy to give away or pick up shifts

ConsAwful scheduling
    Dirty location
    Called off most days
    Lack of respect from management
    No room for advancement

Decent place to serve at. They have good prices, so you will usually get better tips than most other places.

Server (Current Employee) Frontenac, MO

Pros-Usually busy, so you will get steady tips.
    -They will work with you for flexible schedules.
    -Training is great here.

Cons-Managers will blame you for their mistakes.
    -Just like any serving job, it can get demanding.
    -No breaks or short breaks if you even have a chance to take one.

A roller coaster of great and terrible experiences

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat food and some great people.

ConsPeople at the top have forgotten what made the company great

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember how you got there, by supporting your peoplr.

Poorly managed

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary, growth opportunity and the culture is great. Food too!

ConsOne of the worst district managers (since has been demoted) had no idea what was going on under the roof of his restaurant. The management team I was surrounded by either didn't want to be there or didn't know how to do a great job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and help course correct.

Growing too fast

Server (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsOpportunity for advancement
    Commitment to guest experience

ConsOpening too many stores back to back
    Because of growth, new unit managers not in line with corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dilute your brand
    Be careful - deep discounts are driving down your same store sales
    Set team members up for success

Brio Tuscan Grille Server

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsRelatively good place to gain experience in a high volume casual fine dine restaurant environment. Previous restaurant experience preferred but not required. Plenty of latitude in the way of tableside styles or approaches.

ConsTraining is deficient with regard to practical server processes and techniques. Continuing education about the products available are virtually nonexistent. Work flow systems are inadequately designed and implemented making for a highly disorganized and chaotic environment. Quality of products are inconsistent and too often below guest expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementA focus placed on the quality of food and service would go a long way. In particular a detailed look at the steps involved in the implementation of these to main areas with the goal of minimizing the most common problems associated with inadequate products and service. Emphasis on the training program is definitely much needed. With a great deal of latitude granted to the store level management it is imperative that said management have a strong ability to generate and implement standards of best practice while limiting the need for decisions to be made arbitrarily and with little consideration for the far reaching effects of those decisions. In other words it is preferable to avoid a fire than to put a fire out.

Worked for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group? Contribute to the Community!