Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Bristol-Myers Squibb CEO & Director Lamberto Andreotti

Lamberto Andreotti

Pros
  • Significant work life balance opportunities with flexible hours or work location(in 68 reviews)

• Supportive work environment, emphasis on expanding skill set, caring matrix management(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance gets a lot of talk but they are not walking the walk(in 11 reviews)

• Very slow decision making by senior management(in 17 reviews)

process engineer

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prosgood work environment, good coworkers

Conschallenging work environment and difficult management

Advice to Senior Managementimprove pay

All good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, patients we help, good leadership

ConsToo many meetings and field requirements

Central New Jersey's Finest

ProsI love working at BMS. The people are great, the work is good, and the company does its best to do right by the employee. I have recruiters call (as everyone does) on a regular basis, and I'm not interested in changing companies in this area because I'm confident I am in the right place.

ConsCompany is right-sizing to meet its evolving needs as a smaller bio-pharma company. Always risky, but tell me where isn't risky right now?

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablishing a vision and sticking to it is worth its weight in gold. Thanks for doing so

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience with strong internal collaboration

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid leadership with a strong product pipeline. Heavily invested in disease states that offer great potential for years to come. As Pharma goes, BMS is one of the best.

ConsVery difficult to stand out among peers, even with great numbers to support. Anxiety, as common with many big pharma companies, is present due to patent cliffs, evolving market conditions and government regulations.

Treat you well

File Clerk (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLearned a lot from my work there. Just worked in summer. Treat employees with respect regardless of position. Flexible hours

ConsI didnt plan on starting a career there so I dont really have all that much negative to say about them. Maybe they couldve helped explain things a little more thoroughly

Excellent company to work within. Great vision and attentive management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsHelping patients. Collaborative atmosphere. Clear vision

ConsFocusing on Specialty will result with a smaller BMS; so fewer opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs reductions in force are inevitable, have HR become more proactive in internal placement of current talent; the old-fashioned manner of posting and internal competition is not "best" for BMS.

Pharma Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork hard, make your numbers & get paid

Consdepends on your manager and your ability to make your quota

Frustrated trying to get things done

Project Manager (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood training, mostly smart and experienced people, good space and tools provided to do your job.

ConsNot team oriented, lack of team work and brain storming. Teams driven by what management wanted, yet management did not know what they wanted and kept changing their mind. Difficult getting management to make decisions. Constantly going back to the drawing board. Encountered some very unprofessional people who lacked respect for their colleagues.

Advice to Senior ManagementElicit ideas and solutions from your team members. Foster and environment where people can contribute and feel empowered to work through and own the solution.

Outstanding leadership, vision, and organization

Director (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, NJ

ProsVery well organized. Very strong culture of leadership. Very strong talent development culture and programs. Outstanding group of people to work with. Happy place to work.

ConsBonus structure could be more rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with your strong culture of leadership, talent development, and teamwork. After having those things in place, everything else just happens very well on its own most of the time. Give the employees a better bonus structure and promote some of them who have been in positions for a long time doing outstanding work. You'll retain your best people even better.

excellent company, great benefits, salary and other perks....

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsLunchroom, gym, discount store, flex hours, good working environment

ConsToo many temps, so they may avoid benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more on experience than education...

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!