Bristol-Myers Squibb

Updated August 10, 2014
3.8

Bristol-Myers Squibb CEO & Director Lamberto Andreotti
Lamberto Andreotti

Pros
  • Significant work life balance opportunities with flexible hours or work location (in 77 reviews)

• Supportive work environment, emphasis on expanding skill set, caring matrix management (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance gets a lot of talk but they are not walking the walk (in 12 reviews)

• Very slow decision making by senior management (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Research Associate II in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate II in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded, lots of immuno/oncology research, cool and extremely friendly staff, and a sweet location (Redwood city). Great compensation on top of that! An excellent environment with a mixture of experienced PhD employees and a young crowd of hard and intelligent workers.

Cons

No vision insurance. Pension plans were cut. That's pretty much it. If I was in a higher position, maybe I'll say more, but for now, we are keeping busy with lot's of projects.

Continue to expand on the pipeline research so that we can catch up with other companies.

My experience at Bristol-Myers Squibb has been a relatively positive one.

Current Employee - Research Associate IV in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate IV in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time

Pros

We do have a decent pipeline and the Redwood City site seems to be responsible for a better than average amount of the progress. People are generally friendly. The 401K contribution is average, the salary is average to high, and the medical and dental benefits are average.

Cons

There is no path for personal development in general. It really depends on which group you are in and whether your supervisor is comfortable with pushing to get things done for you.

Reward hard work, create opportunities for development of lower level employees, and try to be consistent with employee salaries.

Less oversight would be better. Very secure and sometimes happy.

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top of our industry, lots of collaboration and facilities. 401k match, bonus and PTO are excellent.

Cons

It seems there are a lot of people and contractors here whose job it is to 'make scientists more efficient' This is no fun, and people make money selling us plasticware tracking software, databases and network groups.

Give us a break and let us into the lab more. Also, stock options for lab people, not just lawyers and business managers. It just goes better for everyone if we have skin in the game. Internal promotions would be nice too.

Bristol-Myers Squibb Photos

Bristol-Myers Squibb (Photo thanks to Flickr user A-4 Nieuws.nl, available under by-sa v2.0)
A research office facility of Bristol-Myers Squibb, located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey (Photo attributed to Coolcaesar - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)

+ Add Photo