Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Bristol-Myers Squibb CEO & Director Lamberto Andreotti

Lamberto Andreotti

Pros
  • Significant work life balance opportunities with flexible hours or work location(in 68 reviews)

• Supportive work environment, emphasis on expanding skill set, caring matrix management(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance gets a lot of talk but they are not walking the walk(in 11 reviews)

• Very slow decision making by senior management(in 17 reviews)

Great company to work for

Director (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsIts a company that is ever changing becoming better year by year. Its got a strong steady strategy and unlike other companies that are trying to get bigger, BMS is trying to get smaller, more nimble, and get our specialized drugs to our patients faster. Our pipeline of drugs is inspiring and the work we do actually makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families

ConsThere is constant change as we look to move faster and be better and sometimes this creates "change fatigue"

Advice to Senior ManagementPace yourself ... changing the company every 18 months internally does not always make us better for our patients. Spend the time with our customers vs. always looking inside for efficiencies

Temporary project

Chemist (Current Employee) Humacao, PR

ProsNice environment very professional. Regular employees have great benefits.

ConsTemporary employees can only work for two years maximum.

BMS

Executive Director (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGreat strategy for growth
    Focused and disciplined execution of strategy
    Depth of talent and leadership
    Development of people is a priority
    Great culture

ConsCompany becoming smaller which is currently limiting opportunities for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very supportive and friendly environment that makes working a very relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Intern (Former Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsFriendly environment, great pay, great cafeteria, great gym, flexible hours (half days during the summer). Everyone working there has a great attitude and is very friendly. Easily the best company I've ever worked at or seen.

ConsDepartments aren't very close together and therefore give of feeling of isolation from other parts of the company. It's easy to stay in one building for months without moving around and seeing another.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great people to work with

Project Manager (Former Employee) Wallingford, CT

ProsCompensation packages are competitive.
    On site day-care with Bright Horizons is wonderful.
    Challenging work with great people.

ConsLimited upward mobility.
    Limited career change options (CT site).
    Recognition and advancement varies wildly between departments.
    Work-life balance gets a lot of talk but they are not walking the walk.

Good place to work

ProsFriendly people, not a stressed environment

ConsNot a young atmosphere. Organizations are a bit confusing; it takes time to get used to.

Overall a good company to work for.

Manager, Public Affairs (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGreat place for work/life balance. Wonderful leaders

ConsSeems to reorganize every 18-24 months

Overall a forward-thinking company with career development opportunities available.

Manager (Former Employee) Plainsboro, NJ

ProsBMS offers a good benefits package to employees, including 401K and generous vacation allowances. I experienced a nice working environment throughout my time with the company, and was grateful for management's support of a great work life balance. Good collaboration exists across departments and divisions.

ConsSometimes difficult to understand Sr. Management's direction for the company. Additional proactive communications would be beneficial for employees to better feel involved in the company's directional goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate a consistent message to employees across the board.

Overall Good Company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsGood Benefits, Good 401K (6% match and yearly contribution).

ConsMost of the management think that they are gods.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your feet on the ground.

Great place to work

Associate Director (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsThe company is fairly nimble, focused on achieving results, implementing a number of initiatives over the years that have seen the company improved on many of its performance metrics. Big on work life balance.

ConsCompany still relatively large so sometimes bureaucracy gets in the way of speedy decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pursuing goal of making company a first rate biopharma entity

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!