Bristol West

Robert D. Sadler

Excellent promotional opportunities

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO

I worked at Bristol West full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Room to grow within the company

Cons

Heavy workload, acquisition by Farmers

No room for advancement

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Bristol West full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the people, No weekends, hours 8:00 - 4:30

Cons

Claim Volume, Too many responsibilities, Turnover, No advancement opportunities , understaffing, Pay

HIRE PEOPLE WHEN NEEDED!!

Great place to learn (self learning). Not a great place to retire.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bristol West full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are for the most part great....if it wasn't for them I would give this company 2 stars. You can get a great education in claims as you handle so many states....not much training though. I would go work for State Farm, Farmers (connected to Bristol West), AllState, Liberty Mutual before Bristol West. BUT I would work for Bristol West before I would go to Sedgwick, Fred Loya, United Auto, Mercury, and more. Can wear jeans every day. Never actually see a customer and only work in the office. We typically have some fun a work and people are laid back...you have to be to work here and not get frustrated at times. PTO good.

Cons

Non-standard customers, handle multiple states, can have heavy claim load at times but this fluctuates, we always seem to be overstaffed and very busy..hmmmm. VERY limited training. They do not offer competitive pay considering the job at hand.

Pay scale that is separate from Farmers. Bristol West employees handle more claims, more states, the entire claims process, with non-standard customers...Can I get a raise in here? No? Then yes the survey will say that I am looking for work elsewhere. If a few key people leave this office and/or more "good" adjusting jobs open up it will be a migration from this company. We have done great things. I don't want 25 wow points I want a pay raise otherwise why would I stay here. Why haven't I left? 1. Loyalty to the company 2. People that work here 3. NONE..thats it. The employees here will never REALLY get thanked other than a yearly pay raise. What is going to keep good, young, professionals working in this business? The answer: Nothing you have done so far, but you will keep hiring them young and build their resume for the next better company or one that will open up the check book.....kind of like a trampoline. On a side note I really appreciate what I have learned her. If you have given me anything it is an education and a stunning resume that hopefully will benefit me later on in life. I would be willing to continue working here if some changes were made to my salary if not I will be leaving once everyone else does for more money. Hope you guys are listening...I know you guys will not act until you have to (like 10 people leave at once or something extreme) but I wish you would think outside the box and make this company great.

Incompetence rules the day...as usual

Former Employee - Field Claims Representative
    Former Employee - Field Claims Representative

I worked at Bristol West full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Benefits were ok, I guess.

Cons

Bristol is Farmer's non-standard brand. While management talks a great game, that's all it is... talk. Like Farmer's, Bristol is metrics heavy. They say they're not, but they are. At the end of the day, the customer is the auditor, not the policy holder or claimant.

Management proved to be exceedingly two-faced. They'd say one thing, then turn around and do something completely different. This happened constantly. Claims handling policies and procedures was a joke. It was like they were children, wildly flailing about trying to find something that worked. Was a joke. Glad I quit.

Terminate your front line supervisors and managers. They're not very good. Hire people who actually understand claims handling...

Best job ever

Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster

I worked at Bristol West full-time

Pros

Small company with specialized positions. Competitive pay.

Cons

High workload, high turnover rate but that's expected for an insurance company.

Should never have sold

Great experience at Bristol West

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Davie, FL

I worked at Bristol West full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good management, great teams, they try to make a fun work environment

Cons

More continuous education, but that. Was a few years ago

Keep it up!

Great

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davie, FL

I worked at Bristol West full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary was great. There was a lot of help when needed. There was lots of room to grow within company.

Cons

The management had a lot of favoritism. Sometimes your hard work went unnoticed. There was no appreciation shown.

Pays the Bills and Helping me thru school

Current Employee - Policy Service Associate in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Policy Service Associate in Independence, OH

I have been working at Bristol West

Pros

Bristol West is an ok company to work for. The work is easy and the people are ok. Tuition for college is paid up front.

Cons

No communication with upper management. All about numbers. Management shows alot of favoritism and dont listen No room for advancement. Inconsistency across the board.

Start to pay attention to feed back from employees. There are great people leaving the company because the pay is horrible and you have to kiss butt just to get reconized.

Was a great place to work but recent merger w/Farmers presents uncertainty.

Former Employee - Senior Material Damage Field Appraiser in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Material Damage Field Appraiser in Orange, CA

I worked at Bristol West

Pros

Very autonomous working conditions. Company culture is very relaxed and as long as you complete your assignments, you are free to manage your day as you see fit.

Cons

Recent merger w/Farmers will reorganize Bristol West procedures with that of Farmers, creating a new learning curve for Bristol West employees.

Please recognize the high morale and experience your employees bring to the company everyday. With continued training and guidance going forward, you will continue to reap the hard work & dedication these individuals bring to work everyday.

Coast

Former Employee - Claims Representative
    Former Employee - Claims Representative

I worked at Bristol West

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement within the company

Cons

The workload is too much

Not to overwork employees