British Airways

British Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

British Airways CEO Keith Williams

Keith Williams

Pros
  • Good flight discounts and travel benefits such as cheap hotels, car hire etc(in 18 reviews)

• Flight Benefits staff travel, for the position we make much more than US based airlines(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be tough to use flight benefits (especially when not based in UK) and more limited use than other airlines(in 4 reviews)

• Struggle with work life balance(in 3 reviews)

From the RAF to the ribbon of BA

Aircraft Technician (Current Employee) Glasgow, PA

ProsIt's hard to think of a company who provide more support for their employees at every level... My RAF days were very important t me and I cherish them. I was as well looked after as a member of the Armed Forces could be, but I have found a very special thing in British Airways. The ethos , values and investment in it's people I have observed in the short 4 months I have been an employee have done nothing but confirm in my head that winning a position wearing the BA uniform was as good as a lottery win.

ConsThe greatest challenge for me on a personal level is learning how to chill out a bit more. The intensity of my current work, while it has moments of urgency and high pressure, is much more civilised and conducive to the nature of Aviation Engineering. The transition from Military has been a mixed bag of emotions but I am very happy to be here and hope to be here for some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to defer to your subordinates. If you want to make an impact on your productivity that involves a process change, use the guys and girls on the shop floor. Just because you ask for our opinion/advice does not mean we think you don't know what you're doing. It shows that you care.

I wonder

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosprofessional staff for now. pay ok insurance ok

Conswell let me see getting rid of you real British Airways staff would a very big one . the fly to serve logo is chancing to fly no great airport service and even reservation service people are getting tried of the service that BA have to offer take to long to get a agent on the phone and they never finish up what they start.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the program , outsourcing al over US could be costly for you remember most other country's all ready have a better health care so there properly not as big a turn over, and to you FLY project get moving it is not that difficult y move in the 20th century already.

good

Prosthe people are very nice

Consthe customers are not nice

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

worst company I ever worked for

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsCompassion of other employees and a few of the managers who knew what they were doing.

ConsUnqualified business managers. Put friends into positions they were not qualified for. Not ONE not even the MD had a degree in Business....not even a Bachelor of Business degree.Uneducated, uncouth, no morals or ethics and these were business managers, the Managers were not much better. It was a disgrace an International Airline would hire such people. Horrible working conditions. No backgound checks on employees, so had people with criminal records working there. They knew it, but kept them anyway. They had employees with substance abuse problems and alcoholics.....no drug tests were done. Staff in Uk treated US staff poorly. Travel benefits were a joke. NO one deserves to be treated as poorly as US staff

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who have the credentials to be in the positions. Do not hire family or friends. Hire people with experience as well as education. DO BACKGROUND checks and random drug tests. And do adequate training and re training.

Extraordinarily Oppressive, Negative, Morale Defeating

Bilingual Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsBenefits Only No other pros.

ConsNo room for growth, Deceitful company. Company Values are completely false,

Advice to Senior ManagementProper training .

Great place to work and excellent staff benefits

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, great people to work with, most employees are proud to work there.

ConsToo much change and shuffle in organisation structure from junior managers and above. Very late in upgrading fleet vs competitors.Not enough money for junior managers when compared to other industries which encourages younger staff to move on.

Limited opportunities for NA BA employees

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYearly concession to use system wide for pleasure travel after 5 years

ConsWith JB agreements consolidation of work force with AA, IB and OpenSkies. BA positions are being eliminated in the consolidation. Closure of NA Customer Contact Center in favor or location in India demonstrates BA's lack of investment in employees in NA.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good job. Personal management even if attempted innovation was frowned upon

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsRegular hours and friendly work environment.

ConsNo recognition. Irate customers if they didn't get thier way.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs unwanted at the higher levels.

It was a great company to work for

Product Support Supervisor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe office culture and work ethics were at the very high level. It was my personal pleasure and passion to go to work every day, interact with agents and customers. I loved travel benefits.

ConsUnfortunately no job security was offered. Company closed the door by DEC 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur performence was great, why lose so much talents? Downsize would work just fine for the company. I bet Company image and customers suffer a great deal from it.

some levels are very disorganized

Product Support Supervisor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prostravel benefits are good for your self only

Consthinks India is the ultimate in customer service whilst the opposite ir true

Advice to Senior Managementpay a bit more for NA employees for a better culture in delivering proper customer service.

Worked for British Airways? Contribute to the Community!