British Airways

Updated October 12, 2014
3.2

British Airways CEO Keith Williams
Keith Williams

Pros
  • Staff travel is good if you pick your dates of travel and destinations wisely (i (in 22 reviews)

• Staff travel benefits (but not as good as other airlines like Etihad) (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • As cabin crew you are the face of British Airways and that is quite a responsibility (in 8 reviews)

• Can be tough to use flight benefits (especially when not based in UK) and more limited use than other airlines (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Summer Internship - North America

Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at British Airways as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful, wonderful team - very kind people who genuinely treat interns at colleagues. Tasks assigned are not menial; opinions are valued and senior management will ask interns' perspective

Cons

Organizational allows for little exposure to other departments; internship experience varies by department/team

Stronger tie between internship program and opportunities for long-term employement

To Fly. To Serve?

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

I worked at British Airways part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits
    Medical Benefits
    Uniform Allowance
    Hotel/Car Rental Discounts

Cons

Promotion
    Training
    Constant oversold flights
    Delays
    Wasteful spending
    Employee recognition
    Employee loyalty

VERY VERY LOW MORALE! Treat your employees with respect. WE truly care about the airline. Stop treating us like the bad guys and stop blaming us for everything that goes wrong. Your polices anger the customers! Listen to what they say! It would make our jobs a lot easier! Stop outsourcing everything! Your customers are noticing! Long wait times on the phone, outsourced call centers have no idea what they are doing. They make promises to customers over the phone that can't be kept. Old aging aircraft and poor interior maintenance. World Traveler and World Traveler Plus seats are from the late 1990's and they look like it. Improve your product in order to compete with other airlines and keep your staff with you during this process!

Great co workers, out of touch, greedy management.

I have been working at British Airways

Pros

travel perks, time off, co workers

Cons

like all big companies, people at the top want to get richer by taking from the workers at the bottom.

Cut your bonus by a few thousands and leave the rest of us with enough money to feed our families.

Nice company to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at British Airways part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for a very brief period of time as CSR at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport with BA. I must say I did enjoy the job having the opportunity to interact with so many different people and passengers everyday.

Cons

Flight Delays force you to stay over even if you having something important or something scheduled after shift. Also the job does get repetitive and boring at times.

I wonder

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at British Airways full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

professional staff for now. pay ok insurance ok

Cons

well let me see getting rid of you real British Airways staff would a very big one . the fly to serve logo is chancing to fly no great airport service and even reservation service people are getting tried of the service that BA have to offer take to long to get a agent on the phone and they never finish up what they start.

Get with the program , outsourcing al over US could be costly for you remember most other country's all ready have a better health care so there properly not as big a turn over, and to you FLY project get moving it is not that difficult y move in the 20th century already.

good

I have been working at British Airways

Pros

the people are very nice

Cons

the customers are not nice

From the RAF to the ribbon of BA

Current Employee - Aircraft Technician in Glasgow, PA
    Current Employee - Aircraft Technician in Glasgow, PA

I have been working at British Airways full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's hard to think of a company who provide more support for their employees at every level... My RAF days were very important t me and I cherish them. I was as well looked after as a member of the Armed Forces could be, but I have found a very special thing in British Airways. The ethos , values and investment in it's people I have observed in the short 4 months I have been an employee have done nothing but confirm in my head that winning a position wearing the BA uniform was as good as a lottery win.

Cons

The greatest challenge for me on a personal level is learning how to chill out a bit more. The intensity of my current work, while it has moments of urgency and high pressure, is much more civilised and conducive to the nature of Aviation Engineering. The transition from Military has been a mixed bag of emotions but I am very happy to be here and hope to be here for some time.

Don't be afraid to defer to your subordinates. If you want to make an impact on your productivity that involves a process change, use the guys and girls on the shop floor. Just because you ask for our opinion/advice does not mean we think you don't know what you're doing. It shows that you care.

worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at British Airways full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compassion of other employees and a few of the managers who knew what they were doing.

Cons

Unqualified business managers. Put friends into positions they were not qualified for. Not ONE not even the MD had a degree in Business....not even a Bachelor of Business degree.Uneducated, uncouth, no morals or ethics and these were business managers, the Managers were not much better. It was a disgrace an International Airline would hire such people. Horrible working conditions. No backgound checks on employees, so had people with criminal records working there. They knew it, but kept them anyway. They had employees with substance abuse problems and alcoholics.....no drug tests were done. Staff in Uk treated US staff poorly. Travel benefits were a joke. NO one deserves to be treated as poorly as US staff

Hire people who have the credentials to be in the positions. Do not hire family or friends. Hire people with experience as well as education. DO BACKGROUND checks and random drug tests. And do adequate training and re training.

Great place to work and excellent staff benefits

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at British Airways full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people to work with, most employees are proud to work there.

Cons

Too much change and shuffle in organisation structure from junior managers and above. Very late in upgrading fleet vs competitors.Not enough money for junior managers when compared to other industries which encourages younger staff to move on.

Extraordinarily Oppressive, Negative, Morale Defeating

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Contact Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Contact Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at British Airways full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits Only No other pros.

Cons

No room for growth, Deceitful company. Company Values are completely false,

Proper training .