British Airways

Updated August 31, 2014
3.3

British Airways CEO Keith Williams
Keith Williams

Pros
  • Good flight discounts and travel benefits such as cheap hotels, car hire etc (in 18 reviews)

• Flight Benefits staff travel, for the position we make much more than US based airlines (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be tough to use flight benefits (especially when not based in UK) and more limited use than other airlines (in 4 reviews)

• Struggle with work life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

From the RAF to the ribbon of BA

Current Employee - Aircraft Technician  in  Glasgow, PA
    Current Employee - Aircraft Technician in Glasgow, PA

I have been working at British Airways full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's hard to think of a company who provide more support for their employees at every level... My RAF days were very important t me and I cherish them. I was as well looked after as a member of the Armed Forces could be, but I have found a very special thing in British Airways. The ethos , values and investment in it's people I have observed in the short 4 months I have been an employee have done nothing but confirm in my head that winning a position wearing the BA uniform was as good as a lottery win.

Cons

The greatest challenge for me on a personal level is learning how to chill out a bit more. The intensity of my current work, while it has moments of urgency and high pressure, is much more civilised and conducive to the nature of Aviation Engineering. The transition from Military has been a mixed bag of emotions but I am very happy to be here and hope to be here for some time.

Don't be afraid to defer to your subordinates. If you want to make an impact on your productivity that involves a process change, use the guys and girls on the shop floor. Just because you ask for our opinion/advice does not mean we think you don't know what you're doing. It shows that you care.

Nice company to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at British Airways part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked for a very brief period of time as CSR at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport with BA. I must say I did enjoy the job having the opportunity to interact with so many different people and passengers everyday.

Cons

Flight Delays force you to stay over even if you having something important or something scheduled after shift. Also the job does get repetitive and boring at times.

Used to be a good work place

Current Employee - Cabin Crew
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew

I have been working at British Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Travel perks, insurance are good

Cons

Since January 2011 income went down by 35-45% only because they can. It was a great way to thank all those who spent years serving them.
    Ever since, BA is not the same anymore.

Don't be scared to face BA when you disagree with them, it takes a real manager to do it, but you'll go home knowing that you've done the right thing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I wonder

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at British Airways full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

professional staff for now. pay ok insurance ok

Cons

well let me see getting rid of you real British Airways staff would a very big one . the fly to serve logo is chancing to fly no great airport service and even reservation service people are getting tried of the service that BA have to offer take to long to get a agent on the phone and they never finish up what they start.

Get with the program , outsourcing al over US could be costly for you remember most other country's all ready have a better health care so there properly not as big a turn over, and to you FLY project get moving it is not that difficult y move in the 20th century already.

good

I have been working at British Airways

Pros

the people are very nice

Cons

the customers are not nice

worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Reservations Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at British Airways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Compassion of other employees and a few of the managers who knew what they were doing.

Cons

Unqualified business managers. Put friends into positions they were not qualified for. Not ONE not even the MD had a degree in Business....not even a Bachelor of Business degree.Uneducated, uncouth, no morals or ethics and these were business managers, the Managers were not much better. It was a disgrace an International Airline would hire such people. Horrible working conditions. No backgound checks on employees, so had people with criminal records working there. They knew it, but kept them anyway. They had employees with substance abuse problems and alcoholics.....no drug tests were done. Staff in Uk treated US staff poorly. Travel benefits were a joke. NO one deserves to be treated as poorly as US staff

Hire people who have the credentials to be in the positions. Do not hire family or friends. Hire people with experience as well as education. DO BACKGROUND checks and random drug tests. And do adequate training and re training.

Great place to work and excellent staff benefits

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at British Airways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, great people to work with, most employees are proud to work there.

Cons

Too much change and shuffle in organisation structure from junior managers and above. Very late in upgrading fleet vs competitors.Not enough money for junior managers when compared to other industries which encourages younger staff to move on.

Extraordinarily Oppressive, Negative, Morale Defeating

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Contact Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Contact Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at British Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits Only No other pros.

Cons

No room for growth, Deceitful company. Company Values are completely false,

Proper training .

Limited opportunities for NA BA employees

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at British Airways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Yearly concession to use system wide for pleasure travel after 5 years

Cons

With JB agreements consolidation of work force with AA, IB and OpenSkies. BA positions are being eliminated in the consolidation. Closure of NA Customer Contact Center in favor or location in India demonstrates BA's lack of investment in employees in NA.

Good job. Personal management even if attempted innovation was frowned upon

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at British Airways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Regular hours and friendly work environment.

Cons

No recognition. Irate customers if they didn't get thier way.

Is unwanted at the higher levels.

Worked for British Airways? Contribute to the Community!