British American Tobacco Australia

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Fell

Amazing experience with great people

Intern (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsGreat Culture, Great People, Ambitious Company, Innovative, Different.

ConsChallenging and uncertain future with constant changes to government legislation in regards to selling tobacco.

Good if you're permanent, stay away if you're contractors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsFriendly team, subsidized coffee shop in the building, trendy office

ConsAs a contractor, you will feel like a second class citizen and the management seems to close their eyes to the contractors wellbeing and performance although we worked as hard as the permanent staffs (even harder)
    The treatments towards the contractors really cause a big social gap between employees and there haven't been any improvement being done by the management.
    There are lots of empty promises being delivered that leads to disappointment and the company seems to be overly selective based on the social status and individual appearance of a person instead of performance base.
    Being in the company for a while as a contractors only caused jealousy and bitterness due to treatments received.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease minimize the playing favorites and reduce the "social gap" situation between permanent employees and contractors. We worked as hard as everyone else and a little credit and acknowledgement would be highly appreciated.

Good people, good pay, lacklustre management

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsVaried & interesting work (not pigeonholed)
    Ability to work from home 1 day a week (hours can be high)
    Very good pay higher up the ladder
    Genuine coaching/supportive culture (while things are going well to middling)

ConsManagement - progression through the ranks very much depends on your manager
    Management - espouse leadership & individual ownership of results, however when significant issues/challenges occur revert to a blame mentality apparently driven by a strong tendency to protect their personal KPI's/bonuses (which can be substantial dollars)

Advice to Senior ManagementLess spin doctoring when issues occur & more backbone (i.e. more honesty, openness & integrity)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a great place to word if you dont mind tobacco industry

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

Proswell pay and respect to employee

ConsNot many oppotuniries inside company

Advice to Senior Managementpay more attention on employee's career improve

if you don't mind tobacco, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsGreat Culture, great benefits, friendly co workers

Consconvenience, obvious tobacco stigma, over time you become desensitised to tobacco even though it's such a terrible killer. A lot of social stigma from friends and others.

Advice to Senior Managementdoing pretty well, but can't get past the fact that they try to legitimise selling cigarettes

Worked for British American Tobacco Australia? Contribute to the Community!