British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

British American Tobacco CEO and Director Nicandro Durante

Nicandro Durante

Pros
  • Great link performance - pay, attractive bonus, great work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Professional and flexible and understanding work environment when it comes to the company (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance or compensation for extra-hours work (in 13 reviews)

• Basically you have no work life balance especially when they are launching new products in new markets (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing Organization

Information Technology (Former Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsA great multinational organization with dynamic and talented workforce. Possesses excellent cross functional team and values employers diversity and rewarding career opportunities. Open door policy to cultivate new and innovative way of doing business.

ConsFast paced environment at times can be stressful. However, if you love and enjoy new challenges and constant ad-hoc changes then definitely BAT would be an ideal place to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour work life balance policy is simply amazing and will look forward to have more perks despite the economy crisis.

Welcoming atmosphere, a great place to work even temping

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe general aura of the employee base is relaxed and friendly, with flexible work hours and a supportive network of peers BAT is an enjoyable employer. Work is varied and the continuously developmental nature of the industry means that work is hardly repetitive. The company is globally successful which is reflected in the diversity of the employees.

ConsPotential risk of being type-casted for working in the tobacco industry, although from experience all peers that I had were brilliant.

Great place to work

Intern (Former Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsVery friendly and helpful people. Great management.
    Lots of challenges and opportunities to learn.
    Opportunity to stay in the company.

ConsToo big and complex.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love everyday at work...

ProsGreat culture... Some very good people... Joyful work environment... Loads of career opportunities.

ConsWork-life balance can become a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardising the HR policies around the world would help a lot in a Global company.

Amazing place to work

ProsGreat employee´s diversity, multicultural environment, results driven

ConsSometimes too hierarchical, sometimes too conservative

Best Place to Work

ProsOpen minded environment, full of energy and intelligence with great challenges to grow.

ConsHard to balance with personal life.

Advice to Senior Management.

Good company to work

Intern (Former Employee) Amstelveen (Netherlands)

Pros- it's a real business where professionals work (you will be probably surprised). People there are [mostly] nice - personally and professionally.
    - seems like a good salary, however these days some other FMCG companies offer ± the same
    - BAT is another FMCG company (not the last one, btw). If you won't like BAT, you can move to f.e. P&G, because you have relevant experience
    - sometimes you have amazing international career in BAT

Cons- big companies are slow - there is no dynamic spirit
    - there is a big room for innovations, since changes are slow, sometimes you will feel yourself outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be less conservative (not theoretically, in practice)

Highly passionate employees with willingles to help you

Business Development (Current Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsDiversed population and higly rewarding enviornment

ConsIt has enough bureaucracy, but it is trying to improve

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time with the employees

A culture devoted to exceeding expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are fully aware of the implications of the tobacco restrictions on your performance

ConsYou need to build meaningful relationships to develop your career in this boys club

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to identify and develop top candidates

Best practise, best talent, always!

Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) Nairobi (Kenya)

ProsTraining and development, remuneration and open door culture.

ConsPolicies are as they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information, keep the spirit of openness strong.

Worked for British American Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!