Brivo Systems

4.5

Steve Van Till

Great culture!

I have been working at Brivo Systems

Pros

The culture at Brivo is open and innovative. It's the kind of culture often associated with technology startups where everyone can comfortably share ideas and is encouraged to contribute. Brivo employees are from all walks of life, cultures and speak many different languages. There are Ironman finishers, marathoners, cyclist and gym rats. There are foodies and fantasy football enthusiast. When we're working, we work hard. When we're playing, we play hard.

Cons

Sometimes growth can be painful and Brivo is not immune to growing pains. Trying to maintain a "cool" culture and continue to grow in excess of 25% YOY can be difficult. Policies, procedures and a few bad hiring choices can get in the way but patience is the key. Things always seen to work out.

Don't let the best people slip away. Don't delay in helping people that obviously aren't the right fit find a better career.

Excellent Company To Work For

Current Employee - Inside Sale Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Inside Sale Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company culture, very nice people and one of the kindest CEOs one could ever meet.

Cons

Be careful choosing your enemies.

Keep up the great work.

AWESOME AWESOME COMPANY

Current Employee - Chief Office Organizer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Chief Office Organizer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-This company is the best. The have the best people, best management, the best place to work, best location for commute. Don't believe anything negative about the other reviews. It's surprising that this company been in business for more than a decade and have not taken over Google already.
    - I'm surprised that anybody would ever consider leaving this place.
    -When somebody says something bad about the company, the CEO does something about it to make sure the company preserves the most positive image possible. What other CEO does to such length? None! That's how dedicated our CEO is.

Cons

None. This company has absolutely no flaws what so ever. NONE. It's hard to believe, but it's absolutely true.

Keep up the good work. Keep the downers away from the place. Fight the negative reviews with more positive reviews!

Some people need to stop workplace bullying

I worked at Brivo Systems full-time

Pros

On the positive side, co-workers at subordinate level are very cool and talented individuals. Most subordinate (99%) coworkers will help you readily. People know their stuff very well. Everyone at subordinate level works hard, has good rapport, smiles and greets and enjoys working as a team.

Cons

On the negative side, this is the absolute real insider review of the company. Some managers just don't follow work etiquette/ ethics. Some folks just don't get the meaning of "respect others" from the employee handbook. Constant micromanagement - implying breach of trust. Treating competent professionals like one would in a neo slavery, yelling loudly at subordinates for some trivial shortcoming, assuming everyone is a mind reader, constantly finding faults, "my way or highway" attitude killing creativity. There is also a sense of friction, work place politics due to arrogance or ego between different groups especially with senior positioned employees/managers/directors,etc present at the meeting, tensed meetings when different group at times. Intimidating junior employees for something they don't know well or are learning (just because they haven't been in the profession long enough). One has a feeling that views of juniors are crushed by the beliefs or obsolete methods by seniors.

Hope if CEO SVT, is reading this review, he takes this as a constructive criticism. No one is going to confront him directly in the annual review to convey the ugly truth, except maybe The Duchossois Group board of directors. Hope he implements some stringent checks on work place bullying, micromanagement and making sure everyone gets a say if the idea is innovative and pragmatic. This removes toxic work environment and makes company more innovative/productive. Don't get the wrong notion; there are company environments worst than Brivo and there have been signs of improvements at Brivo recently, but this work atmosphere needs to change for the good and quickly.

Awesome Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Very Open environment
    * Easy to communicate with coworkers and management
    * Laid back but professional
    * Flexible

Cons

Some employees may from time to time take advantage of the laid back working environment.

Continue to do what you are doing to keep morale up.

I enjoy working here!

Current Employee - Accountant
    Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is moving in a forward direction. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Flexible work schedule. My manager is fantastic!

Cons

No concerns at this time.

Continue build the company culture and hire caliber employees that can foster this environment.

Rewarding, stimulating and fun

Current Employee - Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brivo is changing its industry. You don't often have an opportunity to do something like that. Most companies are just pushing incremental improvements rather than challenging the status quo. Brivo is full of really great and interesting people who love their work. The office environment is very progressive. Wide open, dynamic, cool and going places. That's Brivo.

Cons

They don't provide a 401K match

Brivo is growing fast and needs to make sure it hires people who are switched-on and will add to the positive vibe. Keep bagel Thursdays, but leave the trolls behind!

Solid product, solid team, laser sharp focus on customers

Current Employee - Marketing in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

With the right management team and core values fostering extreme customer satisfaction & employee growth, joy-to-work at is the only way to describe working here. The long term focus also helps in making the right decisions. Inspite of being around for a long time, the start up culture is still very much evident.

Cons

There is a need to develop slight bit of processes to manage growth. With the management's focus on culture, it appears to be on the right track though.

Keep the move-forward message, focus on customer satisfaction as the ultimate metric that the entire company can rally behind

I was fortunate to have been introduced to Brivo Systems by a peer and all my expectations have been exceeded.

Current Employee - Business Development in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team dynamics, product and services are forward thinking and fun to work on, huge opportunity for growth, expectations from management for excellence, industry reputation is high, tools at your disposal and new office are amazing, and just an enormous opportunity for career advancement.

Cons

None at this point as the company is growing, healthy, great team dynamics, and product is first class. I look forward to being part of Brivo for years to come.

Keep up the culture focus.

Working for an industry leader rocks!

Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The executive leadership team at Brivo is building a team that is going to blow the industry away. Our leading edge products and services are exciting, but the team being built is what makes this place great. They have been building a team over the past few years that are going to lead this amazing product to record levels and I am pleased to be a small part of it.

Cons

No major concerns at this time.

Keep focusing on the long run, short jumps are not what has made the company great. Stay true to the start up mentality and keep adding high value talent!

Brivo Systems Photos