Brivo Systems

Brivo Systems Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Steve Van Till

AWESOME AWESOME COMPANY

Chief Office Organizer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-This company is the best. The have the best people, best management, the best place to work, best location for commute. Don't believe anything negative about the other reviews. It's surprising that this company been in business for more than a decade and have not taken over Google already.
- I'm surprised that anybody would ever consider leaving this place.
-When somebody says something bad about the company, the CEO does something about it to make sure the company preserves the most positive image possible. What other CEO does to such length? None! That's how dedicated our CEO is.

ConsNone. This company has absolutely no flaws what so ever. NONE. It's hard to believe, but it's absolutely true.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Keep the downers away from the place. Fight the negative reviews with more positive reviews!

Some people need to stop workplace bullying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brivo Systems full-time

ProsOn the positive side, co-workers at subordinate level are very cool and talented individuals. Most subordinate (99%) coworkers will help you readily. People know their stuff very well. Everyone at subordinate level works hard, has good rapport, smiles and greets and enjoys working as a team.

ConsOn the negative side, this is the absolute real insider review of the company. Some managers just don't follow work etiquette/ ethics. Some folks just don't get the meaning of "respect others" from the employee handbook. Constant micromanagement - implying breach of trust. Treating competent professionals like one would in a neo slavery, yelling loudly at subordinates for some trivial shortcoming, assuming everyone is a mind reader, constantly finding faults, "my way or highway" attitude killing creativity. There is also a sense of friction, work place politics due to arrogance or ego between different groups especially with senior positioned employees/managers/directors,etc present at the meeting, tensed meetings when different group at times. Intimidating junior employees for something they don't know well or are learning (just because they haven't been in the profession long enough). One has a feeling that views of juniors are crushed by the beliefs or obsolete methods by seniors.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope if CEO SVT, is reading this review, he takes this as a constructive criticism. No one is going to confront him directly in the annual review to convey the ugly truth, except maybe The Duchossois Group board of directors. Hope he implements some stringent checks on work place bullying, micromanagement and making sure everyone gets a say if the idea is innovative and pragmatic. This removes toxic work environment and makes company more innovative/productive. Don't get the wrong notion; there are company environments worst than Brivo and there have been signs of improvements at Brivo recently, but this work atmosphere needs to change for the good and quickly.

Awesome Organization

Pros* Very Open environment
* Easy to communicate with coworkers and management
* Laid back but professional
* Flexible

ConsSome employees may from time to time take advantage of the laid back working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you are doing to keep morale up.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working here!

Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is moving in a forward direction. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Flexible work schedule. My manager is fantastic!

ConsNo concerns at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue build the company culture and hire caliber employees that can foster this environment.

Rewarding, stimulating and fun

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBrivo is changing its industry. You don't often have an opportunity to do something like that. Most companies are just pushing incremental improvements rather than challenging the status quo. Brivo is full of really great and interesting people who love their work. The office environment is very progressive. Wide open, dynamic, cool and going places. That's Brivo.

ConsThey don't provide a 401K match

Advice to Senior ManagementBrivo is growing fast and needs to make sure it hires people who are switched-on and will add to the positive vibe. Keep bagel Thursdays, but leave the trolls behind!

Solid product, solid team, laser sharp focus on customers

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsWith the right management team and core values fostering extreme customer satisfaction & employee growth, joy-to-work at is the only way to describe working here. The long term focus also helps in making the right decisions. Inspite of being around for a long time, the start up culture is still very much evident.

ConsThere is a need to develop slight bit of processes to manage growth. With the management's focus on culture, it appears to be on the right track though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the move-forward message, focus on customer satisfaction as the ultimate metric that the entire company can rally behind

I was fortunate to have been introduced to Brivo Systems by a peer and all my expectations have been exceeded.

Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsTeam dynamics, product and services are forward thinking and fun to work on, huge opportunity for growth, expectations from management for excellence, industry reputation is high, tools at your disposal and new office are amazing, and just an enormous opportunity for career advancement.

ConsNone at this point as the company is growing, healthy, great team dynamics, and product is first class. I look forward to being part of Brivo for years to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the culture focus.

Working for an industry leader rocks!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsThe executive leadership team at Brivo is building a team that is going to blow the industry away. Our leading edge products and services are exciting, but the team being built is what makes this place great. They have been building a team over the past few years that are going to lead this amazing product to record levels and I am pleased to be a small part of it.

ConsNo major concerns at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the long run, short jumps are not what has made the company great. Stay true to the start up mentality and keep adding high value talent!

Great Company with Tremendous Opportunities

Accounting (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInnovative company with a forward thinking management team. Employees have the ability to be creative and innovative in accomplishing their goals. Great colleague, smart, hard working, and very helpful across all the various teams. Work atmosphere is awesome with lot of freedom and responsibility.

ConsEmployees are expected to be self managed. If you can't manage your time and meet deadlines then Brivo is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused and continue to develop talent.

Fantastic company with unlimited potential growth

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brivo Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBrivo is truly an innovative company with a renewed focus on the future. At Brivo, you are not micro-managed, but rather given the opportunity make a difference. The only inhibitor to your personal growth is you. If you have "fire in the belly" and take the initiative to do things on your own, the sky is the limit. Brivo's technology is still years ahead of the industry and is truly unique. But the big differentiator between us and the competition is the people that work here. Most everyone has a "can-do" attitude and strive to make sure that our customers are delighted.

ConsThe only "cons" at Brivo are those that are self-inflicted. Senior Management has painted an absolutely clear vision for 2013 and beyond, and it is up to each employee to grab onto that vision and use it to influence their own daily efforts. Everyone needs to (and does) take accountability. If you are someone that requires a lot of structure and hand-holding, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrivo is on the right track and we need to make sure that everyone is pulling in the proper direction. Your vision is spot-on - continue to hold everyone accountable to our core values and culture that we have.

Worked for Brivo Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brivo Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brivo Systems CEO Steve Van Till. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Brivo Systems employees.