BroadSoft

Be The First To
Add Photos

BroadSoft President, CEO, and Director Michael Tessler

Michael Tessler

High quality on many levels

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsAll the things you would look for in a company:
    Management - same folks who created the product 15 years ago are the ones who took it public and run it now. Revenue is invested back to the company, not in crazy salary/perks for management
    Culture - Work is a thing you do, not a place you go. It's all about output, not how long it takes or butts in seats. Very refreshing.
    Compensation - very fair
    Products - Steps ahead of what is needed in the marketplace. Probably why the company is successful and growing

ConsFast growth means little focus on training so if you're not good at self managing your time and needs, you will have difficulty. The good news is that this is improving.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up.

It's been great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

Prosmid size company, everyone knows each other which is good. Managers are very welcoming and do not feel like they are above you. Pay rate is decent but the benefit plans are really good.

ConsSome teams allow tele-working, others don't, it should be a company wide decision.

Terrible work place

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsNone that I have seen. Probably the worst mistake in my long career.

ConsUpper management is nasty. Too much yelling. Expect people in the office after a long commute on Mon morn before 9 am. Expected to have lunch with managers and team every day. Pay below market

Advice to Senior ManagementAcquire some management skills. More flexible work hours. Market pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people to work with

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBroadSoft has an excellent product and the sales/sales support team are some of the best I've ever worked with. CTO really knows how to talk to customers, teaching them about the benefit of the product while not "talking down" to them like a lot of CTO's in the tech industry do.

ConsCEO is an egotistical, unethical jackass and the compensation plan is weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've said enough already

stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing work taliking about the place

Consmanagement says its not their buisness to assign projects. lots of yelling if I cant a find a project that fits their vision. Expect to work long hours even without a project.

Advice to Senior Managementhire better middle management

A Tremendous Place to Work

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat management, great product, great place to work. I've been here a couple of years now, and have never been part of such an excellent organization.

ConsBSFT is a small company, and resources can be stretched thin. There are times when to few people are doing to many things, but we do wind up getting a lot done.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing the right things, so keep on doing it.

Awesome company and people to work for

Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

Prosstartup mentality and good people

Consthey can fire you if cmpany is not doing well

One of the best places to work at if you like VoIP, are in Engineering, are skilled and can take risks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong engineering focus, some very good VPs

ConsBad information flow down to employees

Small comes with opportunities and challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsManagement has a relaxed view of people & organization and happy to see smart ideas bubble to the top. In general, there's a good concern for the well being of employees and a general sense of fair play. The organization is a mix of long termers and newbies. A general curiosity to try things out encourages out of the box thinking

ConsIt's a small company and in the end 2-3 management members make all the decisions The good is a fast decision process, the downside is sometimes they're wrong and queuing to get mindshare is often difficult. Management has never run large companies and their personal style is sometimes hard to convey across a far flung organization.

Like any older organization, there is a "friend's of Mike" CEO club, protected employees who can "do no wrong" and with such a small management team, the risk is you fall into disfavor with management and out the door you will go.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a daily challenge in telecom with stormy seas, Tessler has certainly made more right decisions than wrong. Mike has a loyal band of followers, some of whom are less than competent, but trust is often more important. Unfortunately, this breeds a "YES" man culture which may not help Mike ultimately make the right long term decisions.

Great

TAC Engineer (Current Employee) Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

ProsGreat place to work, brilliant products and relaxed working environment.

Constbh I haven't been here long enough everything is still rosy.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

Worked for BroadSoft? Contribute to the Community!