Broadcasting Board of Governors

Broadcasting Board of Governors Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

"Horrible and Hostile Work Environment”

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Broadcasting Board of Governors as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI liked the pay that I was given

ConsI was not provided the right information to do my work so the minimal training that I did received I was yelled at for not doing it their way. Management is the worst. The environment was very hostile. Exactly like the last review. "They look for reasons to fire people and have a "gotcha" type of attitude." I didn't read the reviews until after I accepted the job and it is definitely true that everyone is out to get each other and management allows this behavior. The environment is extremely unprofessional.

Such an embarrassment to work with that team. I refuse to put this organization on my resume. If you choose to work there good luck you won't be there for long

Advice to Senior ManagementGive respect to get respect

Hostile Workplace

Technician (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Broadcasting Board of Governors

ProsGood pay and federal benefit package compared to commercial media outlets.

ConsIgnorant, self-serving, absentee managers. They don't understand what they are managing because they've never done the work. They don't know their employees, what they do nor do they advocate on their behalf. They are more concerned with catching people off guard than leading them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the middle managers out of their offices; learn who your employees, what they do and listen to their suggestions for improvements. Fire the managers who don't care.

Horrible and Hostile Work Environment

I have been working at Broadcasting Board of Governors full-time for more than a year

ProsI like that we could get office supplies when we needed them out of the cabinet.

ConsManagement is horrible here. They do not care about their employees. Very hostile work environment, especially in the CFO's office. They look for reasons to fire people and have a "gotcha" type of attitude. Its horrible. I had such good experiences in the private sector and made the horrible mistake of taking a job with the Federal Government. It was a huge culture shock. Everyone is out to get each other and management allows this behavior. I saw 10 people fired or transferred out for no good reasons. They claim that there was performance issues, etc. The Deputy CFO is horrible. He is extremely unprofessional. Such an embarrassment to work with these types. I now understand why everyone makes fun of Federal employees. I don't even want to put this organization on my resume. Some Senators refer to this agency as the "Bottom of the Barrel in Government". If you get a job here, just make sure you take one that is union represented. Forget about ever getting any performance standards or having an HONEST discussion with your manager about performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe issues does not like with management but with the way that our government promotes and selects managers. They do not factor in soft skills. These skills are vital, as well as the technical and hands on job experience.

Worked for Broadcasting Board of Governors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcasting Board of Governors reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Broadcasting Board of Governors employees.