Broadridge

Broadridge Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Broadridge CEO Richard J. Daly

Richard J. Daly

Pros:
  • "Good work-life balance & flexible working environment"
    in 23 reviews
  • "They try to have a nice work relaxed work environment"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance" is just a meaningless phrase to upper management"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Demend more accountability from mid- to senior management"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place to Work

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
Andover, MA

I have been working at Broadridge full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe ability to morph my role into different area's allows for a different type of career path. The people I work with are great and enthusiastic.

ConsAdvancement opportunities in my group are hard to come by. While its a negative, every role is what you make of it.

Broadridge has a big company mentality, don't go there expecting to change the world, everyone likes "Status Quo".

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadridge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOverall a good company with good benefits/compensation levels - there are many good people on the street.

ConsCorporate Finance management team could use some restructuring, everyone there is very comfortable and not always in a good way, it's a very heavy reporting environment with little use of the information.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what's being said and management by fear will never work long term.

Slow to change

I have been working at Broadridge full-time

ProsVery collaborative culture, good people, excellent benefits

ConsSr. Management is old boys club and is unwilling to change. Company operates in silos and it's not conducive to growth. Extremely slow to change. Sr. management is unwilling to operate outside their own agendas. Sr. management and several highly visible departments are not diverse at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the diverse talent that exists in the organization, retain the talent that is "fresh" and brings new ideas, don't be afraid of change.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst experience of my professional life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Broadridge full-time for more than a year

ProsYou're not making minimum wage in the fast food industry.

ConsIncompetence is encouraged and rewarded. Turnover in my group was, conservatively, 130% (it becomes difficult to measure above that) and management made no effort to correct it. The company does not have a good reputation among recruiters.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice for management? Replace management.

Good place to work but overall strategy from mgmt. not always clear

Wheat Ridge, CO

I have been working at Broadridge full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompensation was right on market for tech jobs but low paying for client service positions when they seem to have to handle the brunt of the issues.
Employees are good to work with, all pitch in when there is a crisis. Most willing to share knowledge as well on everyday projects.
Project work goes pretty smoothly, with other departments mostly willing to do their share to get upgrades and new functionality to clients.

ConsBenefits were competitive, however, again, certain pay grades never got any extra bonuses, stock purchase, etc. when they worked as hard as others. Not very rewarding for busting your butt, working late and on weekends.
Too low paying for client service jobs when it's more than your average customer service position and you need to know about the financial world.
Some department managers allowed to be constant blockades in getting fixes out for clients. Upper mgmt. doesn't seem to know how to deal with problematic people like this and instead ignore their actions which allows things to progress to worse scenarios.
All talk about moving to newer technologies but not everyone gets to share in the changes. Some training occurs for tech departments but you are not always allowed to use what you have learned. A waste of company money and department resources if they aren't going to be able to apply what they have learned, even if it's just a prototype. And prototypes shouldn't be automatically attached to a raise/bonus if you're trying it out for the first time.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to deal with problem managers. Allowing them to be a blockade and work against progress under the guise of "making things more accurate for clients" is not a resolution. They just make others jump thru imaginary hoops that are an inefficient waste of time and energy.

I loved it.

Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadridge full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI got along with everyone.

ConsGot laid off, as company was sending jobs to branch in India.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me back.

Stepping stone to something better

Analyst (Current Employee)
Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-decent benefits, low monthly cost but high deductibles
-good opportunity for a fresh out of college person to get their feet wet and get some years of experience under their belt (before getting a "real" job)

Cons-wellness programs are a joke
-pay is very low compared to market
-talent is in and then out once they realize what kind of company it is or when they get tired of kissing managements rear-ends
-hr is very incompetent; they cant handle talent searches or even day to day issues (not sure how they walk and talk at the same time)
-management is mostly clueless can't operate on their own thought or use input from others
-management sometimes acts like they are reading from a script and cant function without it
-nothing gets done for a huge company with record profits there are "no resources" to get anything accomplished
-always cutting back and usually at cost of heads

Advice to Senior Managementget a grip on reality! look out the window every now and then because everyone that reports to you is telling you the sun is shining but it's a hurricane out there

A Great Place to Work

New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time

ProsAssociates are very engaged - generally jovial atmosphere
Good benefits including free onsite medical clinics at the largest locations
Management making positive personnel changes including bringing on new talent at the highest level with new ideas
Company growing with new products and acquisitions which may lead to more opportunities.
Management committed to work-life balance.

ConsVarious offices operate in silos. Communications between the offices could be improved.
Many people have been employed a long time and some are not always receptive to new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, ensure associates continue to feel part of the success through opportunities and rewards.

Good Experience but hard to advance

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Broadridge full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLearn a great deal about securities processing and clearing. If you are a good employee there is job security.

ConsLittle to no room for advancement within company. Company pays salaries below market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou provide little incentive for current employees to stay.

Production Scheduler

Production Scheduler (Former Employee)
Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Broadridge full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people and team members for the most part were wonderful.

ConsPay and benefits below standard market rates. Production and Client Service teams in the Owings Mills MD office closing so the company is down sizing due. to the lost of business. They hire temp employees keep them on for 2 years lay you off for 30 days then bring you back on for another 2 years no pay increases no benefits maybe due to ObamaCare

Advice to Senior Managementslim to none

Worked for Broadridge? Contribute to the Community!

Broadridge Videos

Broadridge – Why Work for Us?

Broadridge helps reduce the need for our clients to make significant capital investments in operations infrastructure allowing them to increase focus on their core business activities. We serve a large and diverse… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadridge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadridge CEO Richard J. Daly. All 200 reviews posted anonymously by Broadridge employees.