Broadridge

Updated November 21, 2014
3.3

Broadridge CEO Richard J. Daly
Richard J. Daly

Pros
  • For actual permanent employees the benefits are great as is the work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Good benefits and pay seemed to be comparable to similar companies in the industry (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Cant complain regarding work-life balance as it is the same in any kind of profile (in 19 reviews)

• Demend more accountability from mid- to senior management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

BROADRIDDGE

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Excellent communication, support and very open approach between people

People have excellent work ethic, excellent work life balance, fair and respectful

Cons

poor benefits, work environment is a bit drab, career opportunities are product or service centric

Excellent administration and great support

Trust, communication... don't believe the hype

Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst IT
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst IT

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

f you can network effectively at the company barbeque, golf outings, and so forth, you will achieve recognition as a player savvy enough to rise above the boring old sucker game of the 'competance/loyalty/dedication/integrity' model, and you will enjoy the best that corporate life can offer. Don't waste your time if you are a cultural or religious minority.

Cons

Having your illusions of playing on a level field destroyed, and suffering at the hands of abusive unethical cutthroat workplace bullies who hold your quality of life and future hostage to their ambition and prejudices.

Investigate why with all the happy talk, your company has never and will never achieve recognition on the Forbes or Fortune list of 'Best Places to Work'. Protect the people who actually do the work against jerks who advance over the bodies of others' careers and livings, are willing to send dozens of their crew down with the ship while floating safely off, and stop protecting the jerks by quietly settling abuse and discrimination lawsuits.

Nice enough place to work - trouble brews beneath the surface

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

I've never worked at a large company before so I can't compare to other similar companies. I have some flexibility in my work schedule when needed (as long as I get my job done, which is a big condition). Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for growth appears available.

Cons

Pretty traditionally mangaged, traditional hierarchy, not all managment is competent, cronyism among higher-ups. Old-fashioned culture in some ways.They talk about trust but then act like they don't trust us. IT rarely gets the resources to properly do a job. Many, many people are over-worked while others have jobs that appear to be easy to complete in far less than a traditional week - there are some sacred cows but then other incompetent workers seem to stick around forever.

Cut the crap about teamwork, trust, motivation and all that and get us the resources needed to do the job (systems, software, manpower). Give email to ALL employees - how ancient can you be?

Not much to like

Current Employee - IT in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - IT in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Can't think of too many positives, if there is anything positive it would be a somewhat flexible work schedule, this is overshadowed by the fact that you are on call 7X24X365 and expected to work just about every weekend.

Cons

Management is clueless, they have a "Shared Services" that doesn't know which end is up, their HR department is pathetic at best, the good people from ADP have all left and it's just a a staff of clueless individuals that have no idea how things are put together and why things work the way that they do. The few managers that do care are stifled by their supervisors. They have "technical specialists" that are better at B.S.ing management than actually know how to perform a job function.

Listen to your senior staff, listen to what the associates say, take their suggestions at least listen to them once in a while.
    Have you heard of flex schedules like 4 10's (I'm here 12 hours 6 days a week anyhow) or maybe 9/80. Think about your staff while you still have one.

A solid company - not sure about the CEO (as I don't actually know him)

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Well..not sure about other department - but my team is very busy and productive. My manager very technical and very detail oriented. which is good for me as a programmer. As I had worked in other places before - where the manager know nothing about coding and guess what - many politics. Here is different - I am happy to be working here - even for less.

Cons

Hope we can get paid generously for overtime and etc.

Be cautious - especially in this market - and keep your eyes open - for more business opportunities but don't venture out on anything fancy - be traditional

A strong company that demands niothing but the best from it's employees.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Lot's of hard-working people here. Many interesting projects to work on and demonstrate what you are capeable of doing. They really do care about how they are percieved by their employees. Exposure to the newest IT technologies is sometimes provided depending upon the group that you are assigned to. This shop will test how far you are willing to push yourself.

Cons

agressive deadlines. Not enough recognition for hard work. A high level of frustration is evident here because of the heavy workload and sometimes unrealistic deadlines for deliverables. Too many corners are cut because of this approach and many errors can be introduced into existing software systems. It has been told to me that they have always operated this way.

recognize the ones who go far and above what is expected.

A decent place to work if you can see over the piles of crap

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Decently flexible hours during down time, but be expected to work plenty of extra hours while management enjoys their 40 hr work week during the busy season.

Cons

People don't seem to know up from down in the Finance department. Most people are following a process they don't know anything about or have a clue on how to make it better

The entire Finance department needs to take a look at how they do things. I've never seen such chaos in a company before, when it comes to numbers and where they get them from.

Like working in a factory.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

Ability to work without someone looking over your shoulder. Managament treated employees with respect and were generally amiable and polite.

Cons

Pay was mediocre and benefits not so great. 401k was matched once a year and you had to be there to receive it so if you worked for 11 months and left the month before matching you received nothing. Vacation time left alot to be desired you had to be there 5 years to merit 3 weeks paid vacation. Management was not good on communication they had a tendency to be secretive. Co workers were young and immature most were 30 going on 13. Clique oriented and very quick to trash other employees behind their back, have not seen this sort of thing since 7th grade. The processes in my area were extremely manual for the 21st century as in making numerous copies of the same piece of paper for what I do not know. Online systems were antiquated.

Streamline processes and invest in some current technology.

Great Culture at Broadridge

Former Employee - Intern in New York Mls, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York Mls, NY

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

Great culture, relaxed environment, smart people. The people that I worked with were smart and had other industry experience, but were very relaxed. Loved the culture

Cons

I felt that there was minimal upward movement. I wasn't there too long but felt that they didn't give the interns too much responsibility.

I don't have much feedback. The lateral teamwork across all departments is great. It fosters a warm environment at Broadridge

Good place to work, evolving as a large company

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing, New York
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing, New York

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

* Hard work is recognized most of the time
    * Global company with lots of opportunity to grow
    * CEO and all C title execs are very personable and approachable
    * Friendly, teamwork atmosphere has kept me here 9 years
    * Culture is fed by CEO Rich Daly and COO John Hogan - both regular everyday people with respected knowledge and solid leadership characteristics

Cons

* Work life balance is hard to balance, they expect each associate to put in crazy hours to get day to day work done (but it is rewarded somewhat fairly)
    * A little slow to grow along with the size of company we have become in terms of HR practices, marketing etc
    * Internal communication could be better - better intranet

* More progressive approach on flex hours etc for working parents
    * Conduct open ended question style associate survey outside of just the Gallup to get feedback on areas for improvement to get a true temperature of how associates feel and then act on suggestions
    * Use emerging technologies to lead by example