Broadview Networks
www.broadviewnet.com Rye Brook, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Broadview Networks Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014
Broadview Networks – New York – “Ken Shulman (CTO), Mike Robinson (CEO) and other…”

Broadview Networks President and CEO Michael K. Robinson

Michael K. Robinson

Pros:
  • "All the people you work with directly are nice and are willing to help as much as they could"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The base salary, if negotiated properly, seems fair"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management are a bunch of empty suits totally out of touch with reality"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Customer service has declined, and quality of network and products are horrible"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Broadview Networks gave me a chance to expand my knowledge and experience in WAN networking

Data Repair (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadview Networks for more than a year

ProsI was given the opportunity to learn about LAN/WAN/MPLS and firewalls with no previous experience and start my road to my Cisco certification

ConsWorking with other departments was always a challenge while working there, and the relationship with the vendors and service partners was strained.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more emphasis and concentration on your employees, vendors, and service partners instead of concentrating only on the bottom line.

Not a bad place

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRoom for growth if you work hard, organized outside activities and luncheons to help create a familia environment. Many good people within the organization. Benefits average, these days nothing in free... Casual work environment

ConsMaybe too many acquisitions too soon, caused bankruptcy.. Need more training in all areas; not just sales. Why so few woman in Upper Management? Sent CS oversees, did it really benefit company, customers?

Advice to Senior ManagementSales is not the only department, yet the only ones praised and awarded. Town Hall meetings good, but you need to show your face more often and talk with your employees. Mike Robinson good guy, but need to shake it up with Officers management. bc

Look elsewhere

TSM (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAll non-management staff is awesome. Sales managers are great to work with (not for).

ConsUpper management doesn't care about anyone including each other. Sales is a revolving door. Training is horrible. If it's the only job u can get, then take it. Otherwise, keep looking. Claimed bankruptcy - crawled out of it. Still crawling.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealthcare is too expensive. Raises are nice every once in a while. Get to know your people.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sub-standard benefits and no matching retirement

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Prossmall setting/family like environment. initial assistance, then none at all.

ConsExtremely hard to sell services from a former chapter 11 company....businesses do not want any part of that stigma. paying over $480 a month for menefits is ludacris; and they are sub-standard benefits

Advice to Senior Managementlack of leadership skills due to lack of experience

Great Company

I have been working at Broadview Networks

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot enough support at times

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining

Good entry level opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLaid back environment.
Family oriented.
Manageable proprietary software.

ConsNo room for growth.
Health package and out of pocket cost increases while coverage decreases.

This company should be ashamed of it self. no diablabled people allowed.

Provishoner (Former Employee)
Rye Brook, NY

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome really nice down to earth people.

ConsMajority will run you out of your job, if they even think you might be diabled. That's. What happened to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be afraid to admit a mistake. If you fire someone by mistake you should bring them back, before a lawsuit. I can't believe a company of this size would allow its employees to disrespect another employee, better yet another human being this way. It's disgusting and disgraceful. I was a great employee and knew my job funtions better than most. Only to hear these employees shout out the most vile disgusting things I ever heard.

No loyalty to their employees

Customer Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe only good thing there are the hard working employees that make the upper management look like they are actually worth something

ConsNo raises, no bonus, no incentives for people who are dedicated to working hard and giving their all to make a better company and customer experience!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people and not robots

bad news... don't do it unless you're desperate

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent base salary. Midtown West is a nice part of the city.

ConsBad product and service. No support or product training. No one sells anything. You're a veteran at about 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell this company so no one else is silly enough to work here.

Unethical and sadistically mean management Who motivate you through fear, intimidation, and personal degradation

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time for more than a year

ProsYour coworkers on your team, we help each other by sharing the abuse from management.

ConsManagement is demoralizing, incompetent, injudicious, unethical and practically illiterate. They tell you and investors they are changing the company,but if they don,t get rid of the ludicrous,asinine sales management; Broadview will continue to hire good talent, then browbeat and tyrannize them out of the company in 4-6 moths

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a culture and atmosphere here at Broadview
unlike any I have encountered in my career. Management has created a culture of stalking,disrespect, indignity and questionable morals and ethics.
Their illiteracy is demonstrated every day by their emails which lack basic sentence
 structure,grammar,organized thought, or accepted business email etiquette. My advice to mid and senior management is to leave and sell used cars as that business is more appropriate for your business acumen. Or perhaps find a job in a telemarketing center.
This industry is changing every hour; given your industry acumens are still somewhere in the 80s your core competences have a lot of catching up.

Worked for Broadview Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadview Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadview Networks CEO Michael K. Robinson. All 63 reviews posted anonymously by Broadview Networks employees.