Broadview Networks

www.broadviewnet.com

Broadview Networks Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Broadview Networks – New York – “Ken Shulman (CTO), Mike Robinson (CEO) and other…”

Broadview Networks President and CEO Michael K. Robinson

Michael K. Robinson

Pros
  • All the people you work with directly are nice and are willing to help as much as they could (in 3 reviews)

• The base salary, if negotiated properly, seems fair (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are a bunch of empty suits totally out of touch with reality (in 10 reviews)

• Customer service has declined, and quality of network and products are horrible (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

system engineer

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

Proseasy going environment, not much overtime.

ConsLow pay, boring task, no career advance

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

A good company to work for that is heading in the right direction.

ProsGreat product set, great people.

ConsFighting to improve mindset from a telecom to cloud co. Need better brand recognition.

Managing Clients

ProsIf you get a good amount of clients from a former employee, you will make money.

ConsVery hard to sell products, when not trained on them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worse Company Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsCo-workers were great, flexible schedules, ability to work from home a few days a week, decent medical benefits

ConsLack of vision, advancement is non-existent after outsourcing of multiple departments to the Philippines, selective enforcement on several rules for the selected few, rampant nepotism. Same people won awards year after year, ( all while being held to lower standards, than the rest of the group). Had a group that was supposed to peers, however they were rewarded with titles and much higher starting salaries, based on who they knew. If a friend of yours is a manager here and brings you in, you're in good shape, If you are fresh out of college or applying blindly through a website, run as fast as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation is very secretive and not easily obtained, which leads to an environment of distrust. When workers find out the truth, from other departments or by accident, we no longer trust or respect management. Adults can handle bad news.

Broadview Networks gave me a chance to expand my knowledge and experience in WAN networking

Data Repair (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsI was given the opportunity to learn about LAN/WAN/MPLS and firewalls with no previous experience and start my road to my Cisco certification

ConsWorking with other departments was always a challenge while working there, and the relationship with the vendors and service partners was strained.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more emphasis and concentration on your employees, vendors, and service partners instead of concentrating only on the bottom line.

Not a bad place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsRoom for growth if you work hard, organized outside activities and luncheons to help create a familia environment. Many good people within the organization. Benefits average, these days nothing in free... Casual work environment

ConsMaybe too many acquisitions too soon, caused bankruptcy.. Need more training in all areas; not just sales. Why so few woman in Upper Management? Sent CS oversees, did it really benefit company, customers?

Advice to Senior ManagementSales is not the only department, yet the only ones praised and awarded. Town Hall meetings good, but you need to show your face more often and talk with your employees. Mike Robinson good guy, but need to shake it up with Officers management. bc

sub-standard benefits and no matching retirement

Account Executive (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

Prossmall setting/family like environment. initial assistance, then none at all.

ConsExtremely hard to sell services from a former chapter 11 company....businesses do not want any part of that stigma. paying over $480 a month for menefits is ludacris; and they are sub-standard benefits

Advice to Senior Managementlack of leadership skills due to lack of experience

Look elsewhere

TSM (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsAll non-management staff is awesome. Sales managers are great to work with (not for).

ConsUpper management doesn't care about anyone including each other. Sales is a revolving door. Training is horrible. If it's the only job u can get, then take it. Otherwise, keep looking. Claimed bankruptcy - crawled out of it. Still crawling.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealthcare is too expensive. Raises are nice every once in a while. Get to know your people.

Great Company

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot enough support at times

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining

Good entry level opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLaid back environment.
    Family oriented.
    Manageable proprietary software.

ConsNo room for growth.
    Health package and out of pocket cost increases while coverage decreases.

Worked for Broadview Networks? Contribute to the Community!