Broadview Networks

Updated January 22, 2015
2.6

Broadview Networks President and CEO Michael K. Robinson
Michael K. Robinson

Pros
  • They give you a base salary starting out in the 35- 45k range, with full benefits (in 5 reviews)

• All the people you work with directly are nice and are willing to help as much as they could (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are a bunch of empty suits totally out of touch with reality (in 10 reviews)

• Customer service has declined, and quality of network and products are horrible (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting time to be at Broadview

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadview Networks (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is trying to transition itself from a telecom company to a cloud company. The main product is Officesuite and it is great. It is a really easy product to sell.

Cons

The company went through a restructuring a couple years ago, which made the past couple years tough but momentum is now building again.

Keep doing town halls and continue to communicate with employees.

Oct 6, 2014Broadview Networks

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts and positive feedback. We feel the momentum too and we also believe that it is a great time to be at Broadview!

Pay is Awful

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with is great. Middle management set fair expectations. Strong support and investment in their core products.

Cons

The company does everything in its power to try to pay as little as possible. No compensation for contract renewals or retaining current revenue. No matching 401k. Below average salaries. They pay less for any product you sell unless its one type of service; instead of doing what normal companies do and provide incentives to sell products they want to concentrate on. Minimum to no raises unless you take time to find another career opp and only then do they counter-offer.

Pay people decent money. If you do, they may not leave for something that does 2 or 3 years down the road and you won't have to lose the massive amount of productivity finding someone new that is successful. And for crying out loud stop turning over all your sales AEs every 3-6 months. How do you expect to ever sell anything if you start your people over that much?

Waste of 11 years

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well, I get a pay check.

Cons

No raise in 5 years and over 11 I received 2. My last raise was 48 cents an hour. My work load had tripled and now techs have to be sales too! Training? What training. Their techs are born geniuses. Every day I feel like I can be called into a meeting and let go. Management wants ridiculous things done and dont want to hear any problems. according to them, everything is perfect. Clueless.

Realize that your front line people are the face of your company and treat and pay them so.

Friendly environment, much needed growth, much needed work on ppl skills.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Coworkers are helpful, make it worth staying. For a 800 person company it has a family type of feel and attitude. No real "ball busting" for the occasional lateness. Or the occasional break down from time to time. Ability to work remote from time to time.

Cons

Where to begin, zero change of growth, training in what you really need is not done. Meaning people have different skill levels. They should be putting people in classes than need specie training. Not starting everyone on day one. Pay is not to scale and raises and bonuses are non-existent. Chance to move up in almost non- existent. I've been there for 8+ years. Before the mergers and several location moves. I make less money now than I did when I started. Due to time & travel expenses. When you do actually get the balls up to have a meeting with management about raise or advancement your told. "We like to come to you and typically like to surprise the person with good news ect" that was 11 months ago and nothing. Over the years I've seen the company loose really really good techs do to their "the always another tech around the corner attitude". It's a shame. I like the company. I like the people. But they don't give you a choice. It's almost like they want you to leave with out just saying "you're fired" makes me sad actually.

I personally feel Co-workers are great. Middle management for the most part try even though they are very short with you. They expect you just to know everything. But the real issue is the middle management is afraid to goto upper management and tell them certain people need to be acknowledged and brought up to pay scale. They don't push to help their team earn more if deserved. I do have to say, they've been trying hard with monthly events and gift cart give aways. But they goto a small group of people that as they very well may deserve it. It makes the others feel they have no chance. If this actually gets to upper management. You should read all these reviews. They are spot on for the most part. People really have expressed their heart felt opinions. I hope you take them to heart. Otherwise I feel you'll all be outsourced soon. Give it 3 years. Also as a side note. Sometimes have 12 people outsource is worse than having 5-6 people over here that can easily do the same job but better and Easily managed. It's impossible manage a team half a world a way. And as for them trying to be technical. They don't have that way of thinking. To bad the bigger picture is $$ which I bet your losing of time. People don't want outsource from a technical stand point. Maybe Tier 1 is fine but 2 and up. Not a good look. But everyone's afraid to say it. Thank you and good luck.

Sr Network Manager

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Had potential with their products but they were never able to propel it into the Government

Cons

Organization was mismanaged. Good ole boys club

Go play golf and do something more worthwhile with your time

great company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great salary+commission, motivated and friendly staff.

Cons

company was not providing customers full satisfaction or the service we signed them up for.

Already went bank corrupt (out of business).

Sep 22, 2014Broadview Networks

It is always great to hear positive feedback, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are constantly working to refine our processes to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. While we are ... More

Broadview is a HORRIBLE company to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Broadview Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent base salary and that about it.

Cons

Management musical chairs. Very low moral. Horrible culture.
    Anytime a company hires you and then says two weeks later "Oh, and by the way we had filed for bankruptcy two months before you started" is a blindsided deal.
    If a company has to change it's name several times over the course of a few short years in order to rebuild itself then there is something wrong with that company.

Creative a real sense of positive culture and focus on a great product, message, and value then there may be hope for you.

Sep 22, 2014Broadview Networks

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to enhance our organization’s leadership and culture and we value the insights that you have provided. We want to assure you that ... More

system engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Broadview Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy going environment, not much overtime.

Cons

Low pay, boring task, no career advance

N/A

A good company to work for that is heading in the right direction.

I have been working at Broadview Networks

Pros

Great product set, great people.

Cons

Fighting to improve mindset from a telecom to cloud co. Need better brand recognition.

Managing Clients

I have been working at Broadview Networks

Pros

If you get a good amount of clients from a former employee, you will make money.

Cons

Very hard to sell products, when not trained on them.

Broadview Networks Photos