Broadway Bank

Demetris Giannoulias

Great place to work!

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Broadway Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a great place to work. You are not just a number like in big companies.

ConsNot many opportunities to advance due to people never leaving their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Great place to work.

Flexible employer, okay environment, tight culture

Teller II (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadway Bank part-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany doesn't push sales, but has bonuses for employees that do well, and some decent benefits for part timers

ConsNot a lot of room for movement out of position you are hired into.

Toxic Work Environment- Poor Work Ethics- Promotions based on who you know, not what you know.

FIN (Current Employee)

I have been working at Broadway Bank full-time

ProsVacation after 5 weeks increases from 2 weeks to 3 weeks. Flexible work schedules. Decent health benefits.

ConsEmployee concerns are disregarded. When concerns are voiced to mgmt...they recommend you transfer to a different location. In my previous decade of employment there, i witnessed several unqualified employees receive promotions based on them being favored by upper mgmt. Human Resources does not follow through on concerns voiced by employees. Although most of the information provided to HR should be kept confidential, it has been my experience that HR shares the information with Branch Managers whom in turn retaliate against the employees, causing many employees to have to seek employment elsewhere. Managers favor certain financial services representatives and hang out with them outside work causing tension in the work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee concerns....investigate what is going on in the branches. Especially when several employees leave the same banking center. You are losing many valueable employees to protect the newly appointed Banking Services Manager.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Under the "we are family" front is a management who value their own skins before all others.

I have been working at Broadway Bank

ProsIf you are liked by senior management then you can make a career here. Boot lickers encouraged! Speaking your mind...not so much.

ConsConsiderable frivolous training that consumes a tremendous amount of time for the many who live and work away from the main office. Senior Management NEVER forgets a percieved slight. Second chances are given to those whom management favors, all others are simply run off. Frankly no different than working for a B of A or a Wells Fargo. Just another big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending you are concerned about your employees. You behave like the typical heartless large business. Profit first (which goes to the family), employees a distant second.

Good Pay, Awesome Benefits, Easier to switch companies than to advance within company

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Broadway Bank

ProsThe Benefits package was amazing. Holidays, Days off, Retirement, and especially Insurance were great. Low stress level. Good communication. Organized.

ConsThough the requirements for promotion were clearly defined, I found the requirements for being promoted to be somewhat difficult. I would be easier for an outsider to apply for the higher position, or for me to apply to the equivalent higher position at another bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing great.

Worked for Broadway Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadway Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadway Bank CEO Demetris Giannoulias. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Broadway Bank employees.