Broadway Bank

Demetris Giannoulias

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Broadway Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. You are not just a number like in big companies.

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance due to people never leaving their positions.

None. Great place to work.

Flexible employer, okay environment, tight culture

Former Employee - Teller II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Teller II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Broadway Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company doesn't push sales, but has bonuses for employees that do well, and some decent benefits for part timers

Cons

Not a lot of room for movement out of position you are hired into.

Toxic Work Environment- Poor Work Ethics- Promotions based on who you know, not what you know.

Current Employee - FIN
    Current Employee - FIN

I have been working at Broadway Bank full-time

Pros

Vacation after 5 weeks increases from 2 weeks to 3 weeks. Flexible work schedules. Decent health benefits.

Cons

Employee concerns are disregarded. When concerns are voiced to mgmt...they recommend you transfer to a different location. In my previous decade of employment there, i witnessed several unqualified employees receive promotions based on them being favored by upper mgmt. Human Resources does not follow through on concerns voiced by employees. Although most of the information provided to HR should be kept confidential, it has been my experience that HR shares the information with Branch Managers whom in turn retaliate against the employees, causing many employees to have to seek employment elsewhere. Managers favor certain financial services representatives and hang out with them outside work causing tension in the work place.

Listen to employee concerns....investigate what is going on in the branches. Especially when several employees leave the same banking center. You are losing many valueable employees to protect the newly appointed Banking Services Manager.

Under the "we are family" front is a management who value their own skins before all others.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Broadway Bank

Pros

If you are liked by senior management then you can make a career here. Boot lickers encouraged! Speaking your mind...not so much.

Cons

Considerable frivolous training that consumes a tremendous amount of time for the many who live and work away from the main office. Senior Management NEVER forgets a percieved slight. Second chances are given to those whom management favors, all others are simply run off. Frankly no different than working for a B of A or a Wells Fargo. Just another big company.

Stop pretending you are concerned about your employees. You behave like the typical heartless large business. Profit first (which goes to the family), employees a distant second.

Good Pay, Awesome Benefits, Easier to switch companies than to advance within company

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Broadway Bank

Pros

The Benefits package was amazing. Holidays, Days off, Retirement, and especially Insurance were great. Low stress level. Good communication. Organized.

Cons

Though the requirements for promotion were clearly defined, I found the requirements for being promoted to be somewhat difficult. I would be easier for an outsider to apply for the higher position, or for me to apply to the equivalent higher position at another bank.

You guys are doing great.