Broadwind Energy

Broadwind Energy President & CEO Peter C. Duprey

Peter C. Duprey

I had a very satisfied experience working for Broadwind Energy

Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) Cicero, IL

ProsA contract position with Opti staffing

ConsThere was no downsides working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat working envioroment

Great industry, great challenges. Work-life balance is not in the vocabulary, however. Corporate disconnected from ops

Director (Former Employee) Manitowoc, WI

ProsExciting industry with major players as significant customers. Excellent quality product, and good mid-management team and office staff - quality people.

ConsChronically understaffed in both production and office, employees are merely assets and not partners. Internal training rare, support and funds for external professional development is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with the same respect as customers. Revamp inneffective performance management process and structure.

Challenging

Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOne gets to see many facets of business that you wouldn't ordinarily see.

ConsSlow to make decisions, bureaucratic, trying to be a large company without the resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the business like the startup it is. Once you're making money, then implement the latest ideas from larger businesses, until you're making money focus on getting to that point so that you can reward those investors that have trusted you with their money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful place to work!!!

Welder (Current Employee) Manitowoc, WI

ProsIt's a job. Not really any pros at this job, it's a company that needs a union or something.

ConsAir quality is terrible, never received any raises in 2 1/2 yrs. worked there, always about numbers now and no quality. There is a reason workers are quitting mr. Broadwind. Management likes to jack up money on estimates made by their estimators.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what competitors are paying instead of giving yourselves bonuses,you penny-pinchers. Maybe you would keep some people if you people would give a dam. How's the cat thing going I hear you got an empty plant with no work, might be solved if management would stop adding an obscene amount of money to a bid that one of your estimators bidded at. Or maybe there is a plan with that building just like the one in dakota.

Great culture with many career opportunities

Analyst (Current Employee) Abilene, TX

Pros-Great culture
    -Autonomy
    -Pay and benefits
    Management cares more about quality and employee satisfaction as it relates throughout the organization and conveying it to the client. A very clear expectation of what responsibilities are in place for current position

Cons-Different business groups spread out across nation
    -Currently a lot of change in processes

Advice to Senior Management-Keep listening to employees
    -Continue growing consistency in all areas

Broadwind is a company in a successful turnaround situation.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsThe challenges and learning experiences gained from working here will be taken to further any career. Improving this company can make someone very marketable.

ConsThe focus of where to improve wavers and communication is a bit strained. Because of this lack of infrastructure, improvements can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving the infrastructure and clarify the mission of Broadwind.

Management is incompetent, dishonest and far from transparent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsSome good people but turnover is detrimental. New Managemenis clueless and should understand where the focus needs to be

ConsTurnover is detrimental. New Managemenis clueless and should understand where the focus needs to be. The company will fail under current management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo everyone a favor and leave

Working here is very educational for my career goals.

Intern (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsThey are supportive and challenging.

ConsThe tasks are still in the development stages.

Start Up Environment with the red tape of a bigger organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsFeel like you are working for a good cause

ConsDisconnect between management and the operating subs; no communication; no team work; no accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like a burden; stop giving yourself huge bonuses and equity compensation; think like an employee

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWind energy industry is a good industry to work for.

ConsBad business lately. Really went down after the downturn.

Worked for Broadwind Energy? Contribute to the Community!