Brocade Communications Reviews

4.1
Brocade Communications CEO Lloyd Carney
Lloyd Carney

1. The Sky is the Limit at Brocade

Current Employee - Sales Representative in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

I've lost count of the number people who have been promoted this Fiscal Year, not just in our region but across the organization. There is no holding back - Talent, Hard Work and Ambition are rewarded at this company the Sky really is the limit here.

Cons

Our market leading SAN and Ethernet Fabric products and our innovation around software networking ensure there is a bright future at Brocade.

Our CEO Lloyd Carney joined the company 18 months ago and on his first visit to the UK office pledged to treble our stock price from just over $4 dollars within 5 years. Yesterday we hit $12.30 .3.5 years ahead of schedule, so my only message to the management team is *Keep up the good work*!

2. great organisation, great people (in the main !)

Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Brocade Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic product set, both on the IP and SAN side, great place to work if you are looking for a true "challenger" organisation rather than sticking with the same old same old. Uniquely placed to become the data centre vendor of choice in the next few years. Real positive energy throughout the business, particularly EMEA where I have first hand experience. Have had a clear out of negative minded individuals over the past 24months which has accelerated the progression no end. Really fun and exciting place to work, cannot recommend it highly enough. Strong regional leadership at VP and management level, very clear on the way forwards.

Cons

for positive minded individuals, there are few if any cons to working at Brocade these days

Keep up the concise messaging to the troops and developing the game changing products that have been coming out over the past 12months in particular.

3. Supportive and Excellent Prospects

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Brocade Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay & benefits, good camaraderie and easy to integrate. Management are happy to take on board suggestions and invest in good ideas.
    Technology is really good and easy to pitch to customers.
    Established propositions and sales training.
    Not many big egos and good policy to promote from within if possible.
    Previous Senior Management hadn't driven the company forward at all, but current leadership have clear intentions and stock price has tripled as a result.

Cons

Some products are a bit 'blue sky' for a lot of customers.
    Can be a bit disconnected between regions and HQ.

HQ re-org had to be done, but some departments were cut too deep and there are still areas where more resource is needed.

5. cowboy organization

I worked at Brocade Communications

Pros

SAN products are good. Would not touch rest of product set.

Cons

Poor Senior leadership - no clear direction, no transparency, no strategy. Absolutely rubbish IP product set - substandard product - lack of leadership in engineering teams and lack of experienced support directors and managers. This bunch think they are going to beat Cisco with this SDN products....

To VP's - regional directors are pulling the wool over your eyes.... Get some structure, set clear direction, measure performance with tangible goals and regular performance reviews. Your Directors and Senior managers are taking you for a ride....

6. No Ambitions

Former Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Brocade Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, some exceptionally strong and loyal customers. Also some really good folk to work with

Cons

Weak strategy and execution. No real growth and no strategy to achieve anything meaningful. Deliver on the whole customer experience, don't just pay lip service to this. Execute on some of the Engineering opportunities and don't let the naysayers rule the roost in the Product Development area. Locally, in EMEA, there is also a rather worrying trend of promoting complete non-achievers who kiss the right backsides.......

Make up your minds about whether you want to be a genuine challenger brand or an also ran.

7. Slowness to evolve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

Good SAN technology, potential for new market opportunities
    Company evolving to be direct end user focused (very slowly)
    Small enough to be dynamic and make decisions quickly (limited politics)

Cons

Senior management do not recognise new world
    Not enough investment in sales management training, no management program
    Slow inability to evolve quick enough to IP networking market (product features lacking, no unique sales initiatives, lack local product marketing)

Listen to the troops on the ground

Brocade Communications Photos