Brock & Scott, PLLC Reviews

1.9
Timothy Hansen

1. Not a bad place for young lawyer. Low ceiling

I worked at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to learn and work as an attorney or if school. Some opportunity to advance initially.

Cons

Named partners are disengaged. Managing partners don't have team world experience as lawyers. There is a lie glad ceiling because their modern relied on cheap labor from young lawyers. They don't recognize our care to retain top talent.

2. IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Less than a year)

Pros

Boss was very nice and cared

Cons

not much room to grow

3. Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Pros

Great people and location. People are friendly at the non-management levels. Fun outting at local events.

Cons

Management structure is very strange. Managers are clickish and will talk about employees in a less than professional way.

Advice to Management

Let employees do the work that they were hire to do. Seems like you have too many bosses and not enough workers.

5. For Sys Admin pretty good

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic team, great leadership in the department, where I worked everyone was always friendly.

Cons

Benefits were lacking, no raises, lots of layoffs when I was there which lowered morale.

For quality legal work, look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Occassionally there is an overtime allowance. - Combines vacation and sick leave. - Co-workers are friendly and understanding. - Some schedule flexibility (weekends, extended-hours, etc.)

Cons

- Low pay and little to no benefits. - Management lacks experience. - The work is mind-numbing and monotonous. - The average employee possesses a skill level that is far below the industry standard. - Constant surveillance and critique, but no reward for exemplary work or higher qualifications. - Zero room for growth.

Advice to Management

- Hire partners, associates, and staff who are qualified to do the type of work that clients would expect. - Reward those who possess desirable skills. Don't just hire and keep those who will work for the lowest wages. - Keep work in house, don't farm out work to the lowest bidder.

7. Legal Assistant

Former Employee - South Carolina in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - South Carolina in Columbia, SC

I worked at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, co-workers were friendly and the workplace drama was kept down to a bare minimum. There aren't really any opportunities to move "up," but because they have a higher employee turnover rate, there's a good chance you can take on different responsibilities if you are interested in doing so.

Cons

If they ask you to start out as a temp, don't take the job. I was told in my initial interview and when I was offered the job that I would be under temp status for the first 30 days; later I found out that it's actually their policy for new hires to be temps for the first 90 days. It took four months for me to reach full-time status.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to potential employees.

legal asst

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over time is available, casual dress

Cons

Poor management, noone has your back unless u have a title. HR is joke. No room to grow. Arent appreciated. No matter how much you do its never enough

Advice to Management

Try treating your workers like something instead if slaves ! What goes ard comes ard & you all have a lot of bad karma coming your way.

Is what it is...

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, can learn a lot if you apply yourself. But its a sink or swim mentality with a lot sharks in the water.

Cons

Greedy management, nepitism running rampant, not much room for advancement. Lots of turnover and lots of incompetence all around.

Advice to Management

Dont be so greedy and empower the people that help make it all happen instead of making them feel thankful to have a job that can barely pay the bills.

Reconsider

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Sometimes recognized for good work.

Cons

MANAGEMENT. Lots of work for little pay. Very clique-ish. Managers play favorites.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. These people work hard to put money in your pockets EVERYDAY. Show them that they matter. Money is a motivation. Also, take the time to train new hires for more than 15 minutes.

Decent Employer

I have been working at Brock & Scott, PLLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay. Decent time off. Most people are nice to work with. Overtime is optional. Open door policy is good.

Cons

Cliques. No raises given in the last few years. Layoffs. Feeling unappreciated and overworked. Very little training and mostly have to train yourself.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees a little more and encourage them as often as possible. If they fail, you fail.

RSS Feed </> Embed