Bromium Reviews

1. Some people just can't hack a startup

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very innovative company
    Strong pay and benefits for those who are deserving
    Ability to move up (again, for those who deserve it)
    Potential to change the game for the security industry

Cons

Tough technology
    Whiny former sales people who go write bad reviews on glassdoor instead of manning up and trying to make things better for themselves and their peers

Advice to Management

I will leave this section for those who think they know better

Cool technology, low pay, rotten culture

I worked at Bromium (more than a year)

Pros

- There is some amount of flexibility to work from home or remotely.

Cons

Where to start:
    - Below average pay for the new employees
    - Really cheap place. Never seen such bad laptops in my life, really low quality.
    - There is so much friction here between different teams and different departments. There is absolutely no collaboration among teams. It seems like various teams are just competing against each other.
    - As already mentioned in the previous reviews, the amount of politics is surprising in this small an organization.
    - Some 'senior' people here are really mediocre. And we all know that when mediocrity rises to power, it suppresses all creativity and talent.
    - The leadership is not capable of handling honest feedback. And they don't even care!

All the great reviews are from the management trying to improve this company's image. I see someone saying that negative reviews are from people who got fired. This is hilarious!

Bottom line: If you don't like a disrespectful environment, don't even think about coming here.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting your cronies and recognize actual talent. Try to fix your rotten culture. Get rid of your awful micro-managers.

Read a good review here? It's a member of Management trying to spin this awful place..

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Bromium full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It IS a job.. They pay you a salary.. can't think of much else for this section.

Cons

Management and leadership resemble a Chinese fire drill while blindfolded... It would be comical the arrogance and hubris of the CEO if this companies 5 rounds of VC weren't expecting to get money back Worst company I have witnessed in my decades of work experience. No one would even interview for a job here if they spoke with any former employee (there are dozens of us)

Advice to Management

Hire another company to manage you.. or give your VC the money back and call it a failed experiment.

Game-changing technology, procedural difficulties...

I have been working at Bromium

Pros

Great people, fantastic technology, good benefits and compensation!

Cons

Micro-managing leadership, sets departments against each other under guise of "competition" but makes it take a long time to get anything done.

6. This company rocks!

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than a year)

Pros

a) Excellent Health and Dental Benefits
    b) Most flexible vacation policy
    c) Competitive salaries
    d) Generous stock options
    e) Very supportive team
    f) Empowered to do my job

and the best

Very noble mission, we are going to save the world!

Cons

Everyone works hard, so don't come to Bromium to relax.

Advice to Management

Sales Team needs to ramp up, actively being pursued as I understand it. We need to triple now in revenue. The world needs Bromium.

7. Simply An Incredible Company

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First, this company is about doing the right thing in the horribly complicated and despondent, reactive world of computer security technology. At Bromium, we believe that there is a better way, and the team works very hard every day to create the products to enable this new way of implementing security in a pro-active way.

Additionally, and this is really importantly to me personally, the Bromium team in both Cambridge and in the US is full of really smart, devoted, and just very good people. Very little ego and a real desire to ship great products.

I have worked in 3 companies before, 2 startups and 1 big company, and I can only say that this is the real deal, and on the path to becoming a quite important and large company.

Cons

Bromium expects a lot out of engineers, and you can't take it easy. We ship a new release every two weeks to internal users with lots of new things, just like Facebook. The pace of innovation is sometimes horrific. You might have trouble adjusting to the fast paced environment in the beginning.

The sales teams demands a lot as well. Customer issues, defects as well as feature requests, are very important to Bromium.

Advice to Management

You need to focus on how you are going to maintain the existing speed of fast paced innovation as the company scales. We need to keep building out the vision and obsolete other endpoint security products. How will we scale the company's workings for when we have 1000 customers. Something to think about.

8. Great people. Great Tech. Great Sandwiches.

Current Employee - Director of Sales - NYC in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales - NYC in New York, NY

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bromium is the real deal. Great technology. A future that is enormously bright. I can honestly say this is the best sales job I have ever had. I love representing Bromium. I believe in the solution and in my management team. My fellow sales team members are in this for the right reasons; we believe in the technology and vision of the company and our success is handsomely rewarded. The Support team is tremendous. Engineering is delivering on the promise. All aspects of the company know what we need to do and are performing at a high level. The culture is growing. We are still a young company. After my most recent time in the field with my CEO I can safely say the Bromium family is coming along nicely. Work/life balance. Rewarding success appropriately. Helping those who need it. Providing the tools necessary for success. It's all there.

Cons

The haters. Bromium is turning security on its head. I wonder if some of these comments are not from competitors.

We are a smart, fast-moving organization. If you were left behind or couldn't cut it I wish you good luck. The fast pace, the high expectations, the need to be better than your competitors in the field are requirements at Bromium.

If you're an A-player and can back it up I will guarentee your success personally.

Advice to Management

These guys don't need my advice. They are called Rockstars internally for a good reason - they have done it before and are once again on the verge of doing it bigger and better.

Management did not ask me to write this it's coming from the heart. That being said, if they wanted to throw me a big check for such a nice review I wouldn't so no :-)

Or maybe just more of those great sanwiches from Joe's place!

9. Pretty Good

I have been working at Bromium full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome, great perks, good benefits, exciting work environment with smart and friendly people. No dull days.

Cons

Fast pace of company brings some disorganization and issues that are being sorted out.

Great mission, closely-knit team, trailblazing through a very important problem with a unique approach.

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company on a mission. The CEO and management are very clear about what needs to be done and make a real effort in communicating this to the team. It is a very customer driven culture, and the company strives hard to solve a very difficult problem for the customer. Engineering is near rocket-science, as close to black magic as it gets. The team is generally very happy. The recent success in revenue is a great validation that the company's products are a long-term play.

Cons

Management does not suffer fools. If you are not a A player, you won't be happy here. Seems obvious given the number of fired employees that have come to complain on glassdoor. If you don't trailblaze, please go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Take a break on innovation and just focus on selling what we have now - we have enough.

Bottom of the Barrel

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology to demo but not to install widely. All sizzle no substance.

Cons

The technology is not ready for production. Beta at best. Micro VM's can be escaped out of easily by experienced hackers leaving the software useless. This company will get acquired or go down a whirlpool. Current sales leadership is lacking. Very junior sales leadership. They need a definition for everything from its ours to lose to security maturity. The CEO has stepped into the VP of Sales role and is mico-managing everything. All the good people have left or are looking. Former VP of sales was not the issue its the current leadership that is the issue.

Advice to Management

Bring in experienced people from companies that have gone IPO before. No one on the current team has taken a company public.