Bronson Healthcare

Frank J. Sardone

Great Employer!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Bronson Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture set up to have employees succeed. Management cares about employees and really cares about it's customers, the patient. Great Benefits

Cons

Just due to nature of the hospital, can get stressful at times, and there are some long hours at times.

Keep up the good job and the positivity!

Powered by Positivy

Current Employee - Anon in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anon in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are amazing
    - Great pay
    - Company contributes to the community

Cons

- Some politics
    - food is expensive

- Foster the underdogs. They will be forever loyal.

Bronson is a great place to work.

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Forward thinking leadership who genuinely care about employees and are truly committed to doing what is right and best for our patients.
    Employees are treated very fairly and good performance is recognized. Lots of opportunities for growth if you work hard at Bronson.

Cons

With the government continuing to cut reimbursement to hospitals, and more people coming to the hospital needing care, it's difficult for management to continue to offer competitive wages and benefits as a nonprofit. I think Bronson does a great job at this but the economy has posed a challenge.

No advice ... Just appreciation for many years of a very pleasant environment to come every day where I do have to work hard, but I know I am appreciated and I truly enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. Bronson is a great place to work.

In-house educational training to help employees be successful in their Bronson career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Forward thinking--they are fairly successful in keeping up with the changes in the healthcare industry and finding ways to stay ahead of the game--what they need to do to reduce costs to patients while maintaining a high patient safety standards through LEAN thinking throughout the company. Their wages are more than fair.

Cons

With a large company, the amount of time it takes to hire personnel can lead to short staffing and stress for the managers (but...you also tend to get good candidates!)

Continue to make ergonomic improvements--especially for those working in an office environment with a lot of sitting.

Good experience in health care.

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great benefits including 403b matching, generous paid time-off and employee input is valued by middle management.

Cons

Non-clinical employees are disposable and employee opinions are not valued by upper management. Upward mobility is virtually non-existent unless you are friends with someone in upper management.

Provide non-clinical staff with a better sense of job security and don't punish them for having differing opinions. Be more diligent in conducting non-biased internal job interviews. Offer in-place promotions.

Great organization, but lacking in employee appreciation and engagement

Current Employee - Communications in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Communications in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people work here. They are extremely intelligent and passionate about what they do. The organization is focused on quality and the patient experience, which is a fabulous mission.

Cons

The salaries are not competitive for the market or the industry. no opportunity for promotion within the organization for non-clinicians and non-clinicians get little-to-no professional development opportunities, mentors, or professional association connections.

Support your existing employees in career growth and development. Pay non-clinical employees salaries consistent with health-related employees doing with same work at other organizations.

Average job, nice benefits and pay

Current Employee - Food Service in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Food Service in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great insurance, plenty of paid time off, many job options, usually many openings,

Cons

Work every other weekend, physically demanding , not very cohesive management , hard to advance to other departments, high turn over, work holidays

More communication more stable schedules

There are many opportunties to learn about healthcare delivery.

I worked at Bronson Healthcare

Pros

There are many great people to work with who are supportive.
    Challenging environment.

Cons

The environment at Bronson is very competitive and political. Unfortunately people are not always recognized for the job they are doing or their commitment to the mission of Bronson.

I respect Mr. Sardone. He is very visionary and is a leader in the healthcare arena not just in Michigtan but nationwide. Unbfortunately, his vision is not always communciated well by Senior leadership. There is truly a disconnect between the Bronson that is portrayed to the public and realty.