Bronson Methodist Hospital

Updated March 4, 2014
Updated March 4, 2014

3.4

Frank Sardone

It was a great experience!

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Bronson Methodist Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for Bronson Methodist Hospital for 20 years before leaving to relocate to another state. As in any job there were challenges but my rewards out weighed my challenges. Good company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes all employees did not pull their weight.

Appreciating your staff goes a long way..

Great hospital

Current Employee - Documentation Technician  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Documentation Technician in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, motivated and hard-working people,

Cons

Healthcare is a demanding profession

Keep up the good work

Bronson Positivity is a Joke.

Former Employee - Clinical  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Clinical in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Bronson Methodist Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Job, Great Co-Workers, Decent Pay, Good Hours.

Cons

Management treats employees like dirt. They do not solicit or heed intelligent employee input on basic job function. They have a complete ignorance of "life in the trenches" so to speak and are completely about the almighty dollar over patient care. Management does not tolerate any view but their own and actively fire anyone with a creative or alternative opinion. They change their policies and fire if you cannot comply due to personal and ethical core values.

You have valuable resources in your employees, try listening to them. Unhappy staff equals unhappy customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable place to work.

Current Employee - Patient Sitter  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility with schedule and hours.

Cons

Difficult to advance into higher positions.

Warned it would happen to me too...

Former Employee - ER Trauma Registered Nurse RN  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - ER Trauma Registered Nurse RN in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Bronson Methodist Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many educational opportunities, promoted to charge nurse in 18 months time (I came as an experienced ER RN) but when I changed my mind and no longer want to, they still put me in that position, as an overall organization, they did treat their nurses well. I miss the old Bronson.

Cons

I learned quickly it was full of cliques in the ER. Supervisors and charge nurses were not trauma experienced and many days I was the only trauma trained nurse having to run 2-3 traumas at a time. Charge nurses were too busy with their friends to help. I was not in the "manager friend or popular clique" and worked hard and loved my job. All my friends were fired and I was warned that they too would find something wrong, but they couldn't. I finally left for better opportunities and money elsewhere in the USA. I miss the trauma, patients, and some of the staff, but like I still see in the reviews, I will never miss the way they treat their employees in the ER. I still see it in Reviews and it has been years since I stepped foot in that hospital. It is a cycle there and it is true, most nurses do not make it 6 months in that ER, they are like wild animals eating their young which is sad.

Weed out the managers that have caused problems for many years. Look at the reason why your nurses leave and I bet most of them is because of management and lack of team work among other nurses that wait and see if they will fail. Do not have inexperience nurses charge or be shift supervisor. This was not a problem when I worked there since we did not have it, but I do not think management should be "friends" on social media with only "some" employees they are friends with. I have seen many policies at other employments regarding this and I know Bronson has a huge program with this and I know it happens-I have friends still there today and see it still today!!!

Great place to build experience or spend the last few years until retirement.

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are many opportunities in the IT area to learn and develop your skills. There are also opportunities for less fast paced positions. As long as your goals align with Bronson, it is a great place to work.

Cons

There are mainly two groups of people; those who are ambitious and work really hard and those who skate by doing nothing. The "leadership" is all over the place with goals and communication. Project management is poorly executed and focused around getting and spending budgeted capital versus what is good for the company. Very political and "who you know" culture.

Work on better communication with your employees. Actually talk with them about their goals within the company and try to facilitate individual growth. Stop protecting the employees that are "dead weight".

Absolutely an amazing learning experience

Current Employee - Hand Hygien  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Hand Hygien in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Knowledgeable staff that continually strives to better themselves through education and evidence based practice

Cons

I haven't had a negative experience so , none so far .

keep up the good work

Great Entry Level Position

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital

Pros

Great place to work. Every level employee is treated with respect and given benefits, etc.

Cons

You have to stay with your department for at least three months, but then you can bid on another job.

The interview and application process is way to long. It would be helpful to know where you stand earlier in the game.

A great organization to grow and be a part of.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital

Pros

Diversity, Health-Benefits, Job Security, Senior Management, Employee Well Being

Cons

Mainly focused on clinical, so moving vertically in administrative can often be difficult.

Overall, I'm lucky to work so close to home, I like location.

Current Employee - Practice Support  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Practice Support in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Bronson Methodist Hospital

Pros

The hospital several locations around the area.

Cons

Continued favoritism among coworkers and supervisors. Not enough diversity in some of the offices.

Worked for Bronson Methodist Hospital? Contribute to the Community!