Bronson Methodist Hospital
www.bronsonhealth.com Kalamazoo, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bronson Methodist Hospital Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2014
Bronson Methodist Hospital – Kalamazoo – “South Campus Main Entrance”

Frank Sardone

It was a great experience!

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsI worked for Bronson Methodist Hospital for 20 years before leaving to relocate to another state. As in any job there were challenges but my rewards out weighed my challenges. Good company to work for.

ConsSometimes all employees did not pull their weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciating your staff goes a long way..

Great hospital

Documentation Technician (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsFriendly environment, motivated and hard-working people,

ConsHealthcare is a demanding profession

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Bronson Positivity is a Joke.

Clinical (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGood Job, Great Co-Workers, Decent Pay, Good Hours.

ConsManagement treats employees like dirt. They do not solicit or heed intelligent employee input on basic job function. They have a complete ignorance of "life in the trenches" so to speak and are completely about the almighty dollar over patient care. Management does not tolerate any view but their own and actively fire anyone with a creative or alternative opinion. They change their policies and fire if you cannot comply due to personal and ethical core values.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have valuable resources in your employees, try listening to them. Unhappy staff equals unhappy customers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable place to work.

Patient Sitter (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsFlexibility with schedule and hours.

ConsDifficult to advance into higher positions.

Warned it would happen to me too...

ER Trauma Registered Nurse RN (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsMany educational opportunities, promoted to charge nurse in 18 months time (I came as an experienced ER RN) but when I changed my mind and no longer want to, they still put me in that position, as an overall organization, they did treat their nurses well. I miss the old Bronson.

ConsI learned quickly it was full of cliques in the ER. Supervisors and charge nurses were not trauma experienced and many days I was the only trauma trained nurse having to run 2-3 traumas at a time. Charge nurses were too busy with their friends to help. I was not in the "manager friend or popular clique" and worked hard and loved my job. All my friends were fired and I was warned that they too would find something wrong, but they couldn't. I finally left for better opportunities and money elsewhere in the USA. I miss the trauma, patients, and some of the staff, but like I still see in the reviews, I will never miss the way they treat their employees in the ER. I still see it in Reviews and it has been years since I stepped foot in that hospital. It is a cycle there and it is true, most nurses do not make it 6 months in that ER, they are like wild animals eating their young which is sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the managers that have caused problems for many years. Look at the reason why your nurses leave and I bet most of them is because of management and lack of team work among other nurses that wait and see if they will fail. Do not have inexperience nurses charge or be shift supervisor. This was not a problem when I worked there since we did not have it, but I do not think management should be "friends" on social media with only "some" employees they are friends with. I have seen many policies at other employments regarding this and I know Bronson has a huge program with this and I know it happens-I have friends still there today and see it still today!!!

Absolutely an amazing learning experience

Hand Hygien (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsKnowledgeable staff that continually strives to better themselves through education and evidence based practice

ConsI haven't had a negative experience so , none so far .

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great place to build experience or spend the last few years until retirement.

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThere are many opportunities in the IT area to learn and develop your skills. There are also opportunities for less fast paced positions. As long as your goals align with Bronson, it is a great place to work.

ConsThere are mainly two groups of people; those who are ambitious and work really hard and those who skate by doing nothing. The "leadership" is all over the place with goals and communication. Project management is poorly executed and focused around getting and spending budgeted capital versus what is good for the company. Very political and "who you know" culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on better communication with your employees. Actually talk with them about their goals within the company and try to facilitate individual growth. Stop protecting the employees that are "dead weight".

Great Entry Level Position

ProsGreat place to work. Every level employee is treated with respect and given benefits, etc.

ConsYou have to stay with your department for at least three months, but then you can bid on another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe interview and application process is way to long. It would be helpful to know where you stand earlier in the game.

A great organization to grow and be a part of.

Kalamazoo, MI

ProsDiversity, Health-Benefits, Job Security, Senior Management, Employee Well Being

ConsMainly focused on clinical, so moving vertically in administrative can often be difficult.

Overall, I'm lucky to work so close to home, I like location.

Practice Support (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThe hospital several locations around the area.

ConsContinued favoritism among coworkers and supervisors. Not enough diversity in some of the offices.

Worked for Bronson Methodist Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bronson Methodist Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bronson Methodist Hospital CEO Frank Sardone. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Bronson Methodist Hospital employees.