Bronto Software Reviews

Joe Colopy

1. Great Work Culture

Current Employee - Support Associate in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Support Associate in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work culture Innovative and creative Competitive salary Successful business Exciting location

Cons

No cons to report (N/A)

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Good Company, Good People

I worked at Bronto Software full-time

Pros

Awesome working environment and culture, great office, wonderful people, free snacks and drinks, no dress code, and flexible with time off requests

Cons

Was a medium sized company that had a strong culture but was recently purchased by a major multi billion dollar company. Hope they can maintain their own identity and keep what made them great. Salaries were average at best for the industry.

Fast, furious, frustrating but not farewell yet

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company culture important, neat work space, free drinks and snacks, progressive technologically, company growing, annual conferences, regular company wide business reviews.

Cons

Spotty ownership within engineering organization. Overly focused on new initiatives vs dealing with existing application and process issues. Salaries not very competitive with market. HR muddles position and role vs industry to keep salary ranges lower. Hack weeks virtually non-existent.

Advice to Management

Proactively engage employees individually on career growth direction and progress with concrete action items to work on to advance. Move away from roles and match the market.

5. Awesome place to work!

Pros

Everything is awesome at Bronto.

Cons

Can't think of anything bad.

6. Good place, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time

Pros

Bronto is not only a fun place, but it is a fulfilling place to grow your career. I have had a number of opportunities to learn new skills and advance my career

Cons

Nothing that you wont find other places. There is always some amount of politicking at any company and this is no exception.

Advice to Management

Some people at management have gotten to their position as a reward for sticking around instead of their own aptitude. Overall however, they do a good job.

Good place to start

I worked at Bronto Software full-time

Pros

Bronto is a good place to start your career. It has a really great training program and many managers that will hold your hand to get started. They hire really approachable people and have a very collaborative environment. Benefits are about to get much better with the NetSuite acquisition.

Cons

There is a very large amount of micro management. If you have been in the workforce for a long time, it is not the place for you as you will be highly scrutinized based your activities. There seems to be little trust that you are able to complete your tasks without management hovering over you the whole time. Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Treat your people like adults and let them work. The days of 8-6 in the office are over and have been for some time. You are making people sit in the office just to be seen. Give them the freedom to manage their business the way they see fit and if they don't succeed, coach them up or help them see it might not be the right job.

The Grass is Greener

Current Employee - Account Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several different companies of different sizes and different ages. There is no doubt that Bronto has most of it figured out. The training is the most comprehensive training you will go through, the people are awesome and all friendly (I do not hesitate to stop and talk to the CEO or COO if I have questions or suggestions about the product), and the salary and benefits are fantastic, I mean like legit good. We also enjoy flexible hours. I saw one review where the hours were listed way longer than most people work. Of course if you are in sales, the more you put in the more you get out, am I right?

Cons

Anytime you work somewhere for a certain length of time you can find things to complain about, but really in the long run there is nothing bad about this place compared to my other jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. There are some exciting times coming for Bronto and my director has always been encouraging to strive to do more and they want to see us promoted in our current department or another department if somethings interests us.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture/benefits, great company to work for. Very relaxed atmosphere, especially for sales. Plus, the product is fantastic so it is a relatively easy sell (though the ESP landscape is highly competitive).

Cons

Comp. is a little lower than what you might find elsewhere, but they make up for this by being an awesome company to work for. You will also be expected to work 8-6 or 9-7 so the hours are a bit lengthy.

Advice to Management

Work hard to maintain the culture you have built, as the recent acquisition may impede on your ability to do so. Also, consider stepping up compensation, as you are slowly falling behind other SaaS companies in the area.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly encourage a "rich" experience. Focusing on growing staff to reach their full potential. Tons of great perks in the office - drinks and snacks! Lunches on the company on a regular basis and many chances to make friends/connects outside the office hours in activities if you choose to. Work life balance is wonderful and strongly encouraged. I am very happy and plan to stay with the company for a long time!

Cons

Salary is slightly lower than others I have found but overall benefits are better!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep that small company/family feel as it grows. Don't loose that important sense of community!

The experience has been Awesome! and rewarding.

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Durham, NC

Pros

Location, people, employee activities, encouragement in Physical fitness, Lunch and Learn

Cons

Haven't experienced any yet. I work on a great team and love the challenges in my role.

Advice to Management

My manager is great to work with very flexible and communicates very well. Many managers that I have worked with in other companies are not this way and it is refreshing to have a manager with a style that I can relate to, appreciate, and love to work for.

RSS Feed </> Embed