Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale Senior Living Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Brookdale Senior Living – Brentwood – “Brookdale Senior Living”

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • Peer group is great, supportive, residents are great(in 13 reviews)

• Great work hours and work life balance at the corporate office(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management can be a bit distant as to what takes place daily in the communities(in 28 reviews)

• Heavy turnover of management as well due to Work life balance out of proportion(in 8 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

job

Cook (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

Prosit is a great company

Consthe gossip like any job

Advice to Senior Managementthey know vwhat they are doing

Love the residents, unhappy with employer

Physical Therapist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsResident relationship, nice property, residents

ConsMicromanaged, poor compensation, poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementLet me do my job!

LPN

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

ProsAlways work available. I was able to work on a long term care unit in our facility. The ability to work together and keep the patient first made it all worth while.

ConsThe use of registry was at times hard and it put our patients in the cross hairs. That being said, some of the registry folks were just there for a pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the facility and the principal behind the company. Trying to get a job again, this time in Dallas, Please hook me up~~~

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great training program, poor community resources and funding

Business Office Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsReally enjoyed my team, the caregivers, and residents.

ConsDisliked the maintenance of the community. Absolutely no budget, so most things are broken.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest more in your community maintenance. Doesnt compete with Sunrise Senior Living.

excellent company

Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgreat management. For a for profit publicly traded company, they do a great job putting residents first. The company is focused on putting the needs of families and seniors first

ConsIt is a for-profit company with many ambitious goals . Many people that don't understand corporate America may not be a good fit for this company. It is not a mom and pop operation. There are executives and shareholders that need to be pleased as well.

Love the Residents, just disappointed with Level of Care

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

ProsThe Residents and their families

ConsOverworked, underpaid, promised Bonuses not received. R.A's took care of the residents, not HWD, RCC or ED. It was all about numbers. Some residents needed more care than we could provide them, but Management did not want to take staff advice. Staff bullying in the workplace,always afraid for your job. Dishonesty of management to cover themselves and not support their employees, especially when we deal with the residents and their families everyday. Be honest with the families instead of being dishonest, the Cornerstone is for show, and the Residents rights are not respected. When managers feel the need to degrade, humiliate and curse at you in front of residents and your coworkers, instead of discussing matters behind closed doors and you decide to call Corporate, kiss your job good bye. Coworkers who have tenure will back up management and are allowed to decide in whether a coworker should stay or be terminated. Residents are aware of when employees are in trouble because of inside resources discussing employee Disciplinary Actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Employees working hands on with the residents. We care about them very much and it saddens us when Management does not listen to their employees. Please keep employee Disciplinary Action between the employee and management, dealing with such actions.

Positive experiences with the residents, and coworkers, but not with the managers.

Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood atmosphere. Residents love living there. Very positive experiences for the resident only.

ConsManagers give staff more responsibilities and work that previous other departments don't want to do. More stress and burnout for the employees. Residents needs should be more important than trying to get everything else done and on top.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give the staff/employees a break once in awhile. Make them feel more appreciated. And quit putting more responsibilities and work on an individual staff member and hire more people, spread out the job duties evenly, and quit stressing out your employees.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!