Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale Senior Living Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Brookdale Senior Living – Brentwood – “Brookdale Senior Living”

Brookdale Senior Living – Brentwood – “Brookdale Senior Living”

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • Peer group is great, supportive, residents are great (in 13 reviews)

• Get to make a difference in the lives of the elderly every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management can be a bit distant as to what takes place daily in the communities (in 28 reviews)

• There is little to no job security and they operate mainly on fear (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Working for Brookdale has been a positive experience overall and would recommend it to others.

ProsThe community I work at is like a family where both residents and associates feel comfortable to be there.

ConsThe only challenge I have faced was a work-life balance because of going to school and working full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation could be more competitive for associates demonstrating above and beyond service.

Care Assocaite

Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) Germantown, TN

ProsI love everything about my job, especially the residents. The management team here is really good, especially the nursing director and the resident care coordinator. The Executive Director even brought in a bank to discuss with us about the benefits of direct depositing our check. They really care about us as employees.

ConsI would not change a thing. This is a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Best company culture I've ever experienced!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople (associates, residents, leadership, peers), benefits, associates take pride in what they do! Opportunities for growth & advancement! Making a difference in the lives of the residents we serve!

ConsNone and if I did I wouldn't share it here. I would discuss with my RVP!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do every day! As the CEO says, "If you're not serving a resident, serve someone who is!"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

job

Cook (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

Prosit is a great company

Consthe gossip like any job

Advice to Senior Managementthey know vwhat they are doing

LOVE my boss!

Activities (Current Employee) Germantown, TN

ProsI love the atmosphere we have here at The Solana, it's happy, energetic and FUN! I honestly don't think "ugh, I have to go to work today"....more like "Yes! I have a fun job and the people I work with like me and I like them, the residents are happy to see me every day and I feel like I am making a very big difference in their lives. I am constantly encouraged by my supervisor, she has so many great ideas and loves to hear mine as well. I feel like this will be the company I ultimately retire from......many, many years from now!

ConsI wish the facility were larger, we are almost at capacity and I feel bad for people living in less than optimum communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining needs to be a little more cohesive and up to date.

If I could get out and find something comparable in $ I would

ProsSalary, friends along the way, learning experience. Several locations to transfer to if needed within the area. Offer medical, dental and vision. 401k matching , group legal and others.

ConsBipolar management , have to be in good with people to survive. Too big too fast , no consistency among procedures from community to community. How do people get away with not following procedures so much? Max raise is %2 per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen and talk to people on the bottom of the totem pole. It's not as peachy as you like to think it is.

Overall experience was ok but via recent acquisitions, the company has lost its soul and culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with seniors from the Greatest Generation. Decent comp and benefits. Good support.

ConsConstant, disruptive and demoralizing reorganizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy are so many key leadership positions given to leaders from failing, underperforming companies like Horizon Bay and Emeritus?

Great place to work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgeable clinical and operations teams make a great place to work.

ConsSometimes it is hard not to feel stagnate in your position

I LOVE what I do

Director of Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI am very happy to be working for a comany that has such a passion for the people we serve, I truly feel like I make a difference in people's lives. This is not just a "job" it is a calling.
    I have worked in 3 different Brookdale communities and enjoyed my time in each of them. The company believes in growing their employees and promoting from within.

ConsI have worked with challenging people, they are not a reflection of Brookdale as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to facilitate a culture that places the resident's needs first.

Best company I have ever worked for!

Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe culture and values of this company is alive in my community! Everyone from our care associates to our regional/divisional team want nothing more than the best for each resident and family we serve! There are also great beenfits and growth opportunities for the employees.

ConsNone! This is a growing company and the CEO is an amazing leader for us!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your continued support and leadership! I look forward to many more years of working for this company thanks to all of you!

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!